Coca-Cola Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Coca-Cola Company President & CEO James Quincey
James Quincey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance If Overdelivering on Goals (in 174 reviews)

• The long hours of that kind of work can have a negative impact on the work/life balance (in 200 reviews)

1. "Look out for yourself, nobody else will"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician II in Auburndale, FL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician II in Auburndale, FL

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of overtime, especially when you don’t want it.
    The health benefits were good, close enough to a variety of places for lunch. That’s about it

Cons

Nobody in management cares about you or your family.
    Given points multiple times for needing to leave for family emergencies and sickness. The point system is made to get rid of people, not keep them, 6 absences in 1 year and you are gone. Left early with approval and still got fired for it.

Advice to Management

Don’t assume your leads and supervisors know their job, they don’t.

2. "Not the company it use to be."

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time

Pros

If your willing to work you can make a good chunk of money.

Cons

Terrible management. You have to have a degree or be buddies to move up.

Advice to Management

Promote the good workers you have.

3. "Merchandiser"

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time

Pros

- Don't have a manager breathing down you neck all day.

Cons

- Unstable schedule. Don't have a set schedule until at a least a year of being on the job.
    - Long hours pulling very heavy pallets of soda.
    - Sometimes the backrooms are a mess and impossible to work in.
    - Kill your body.

4. "Not as good as they claim"

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Memphis, TN

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Powerade and water for all employees

Cons

No body wants to come to work, but if they do, they don't want to work; hourly employees only want to work a schedule they want to work and sneak out of the facility without management approval; the HERE TEAM is an unspoken union they defends the employee, not management decision; management is always wrong; rule breakers are hardly ever handled correctly

Advice to Management

Follow up without emphasizing repercussions; this is the main con for upper management; in this age of entitlement, upper/senior management are earning far more that front line supervisors but not working for it

5. "what"

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time

Pros

pay checks cashed at the bank

Cons

I dont think so but you should check their criminal history to find out!

Advice to Management

?

6. "Very Bad with with the Order Selector/Builder Position"

Former Employee - Order Builder in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Order Builder in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and pay when it is accurate

Cons

This was the worst job I've ever had in my life. Your opinion about working here might be drastically different based on the position you have. However, I would avoid taking the order builder position. I was excited about taking this position because the pay was good, especially for warehouse work at nearly $18 an hour and I was a top performer at my position. I knew coming in that the job would be very physical but i knew i could do a good job and get promoted based on performance and my education. As a new order builder you'll most likely start on night shift and you will almost always work 12-14 hours and frequently work 16 hour shifts. Your managers will treat you like your lazy, despite how hard you work, because the people who get tired of how bad they are treated start not trying and they outnumber the people that do try, so managers are put in a tough position and most resort to pushing people to hard. It was common to see managers arguing with warehouse workers. Shift managers are not forced to be on overtime so it wasn't uncommon for me to see the manager for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift because they kept us there so long. My breaking point was just how you were treated as an order builder, and I didn't want to be a shift manager trying to deal with the culture of that place. It legitimly seemed like it was border line illegal how long you were required to be there at times. To top things off when I was there, there were frequent problems with pay roll being accurate (the HR team is a type of hotline thing that this coca cola warehouse hires that i believe is located in Florida, but there isn't like an actual HR person you can talk to) and when you voiced your concerns about not being paid right it wasn't common for you managers to try to convince you that you were wrong or try to not pay you on a technicality, for example if you worked friday night into saturday they might tell you, you didn't qualify for over time pay, that is one example I knew of when i was there.

Advice to Management

Shift managers are put in a very difficult position with order builders because they have to follow the guidelines and policies that upper management assigns to them, but just respecting their employees and understanding how bad the conditions are would be my advice to shift managers. Upper management needs to either spend more time in the warehouse understanding how horrid the conditions are for order builders or be fired. The turnover rate for order builders is extremely high, they are always hiring for that position because people just don't stay and when the turnover gets really bad they do a hiring fair and just keep repeating that whole process. Honestly, that might be an effective business plan for them because order building requires low skill and people are always coming and going but it's hard to believe they don't fall behind filling customers orders by always being short staffed.

7. "Sweat shop, skeleton crew, management won't confront corporate about being out of touch with work force."

Former Employee - Production Machine Operator in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Production Machine Operator in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competative pay an advancement opportunities

Cons

Cowardly dismissal procedures, try to do to much with to few trained people.

Advice to Management

Hire more sanitation employees, don't know how they pass inspections plant filthy in many areas.

8. "If only this was the 80's"

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time

Pros

Free food from satisfied customers.

Cons

Commission structure is beyond aweful.

Advice to Management

Learn how to add benefit to your reps. and customers rather than perform surprise ride- alongs and market tours.

9. "Operations Manager"

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time

Pros

The hourly employees are great and very helpful. The company has a great reputation (if you work in Atlanta) and is known all over the world.

Cons

Working in the bottling plants is terrible. The pay is poor and you will NEVER see the bonus you were promised (except if you work in maintenance) because the plants are under budgeted and have unattainable goals.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better, provide larger budgets to the plants, and set realistic goals.

10. "Merchandiser"

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company part-time

Pros

It is a job. That's all it is.

Cons

Low pay, no lunch break but pay removed for a lunch. Cant clock in unless full time lets you back

Advice to Management

Pay your employs more and treat them with respect.

Showing 360 of 3,983 reviews