Coca-Cola Company Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Coca-Cola Company President & CEO James Quincey
James Quincey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Generally a good work life balance though not always (in 131 reviews)

• Very laid back you make great money customers come first really good benefits (in 195 reviews)

1. "Going lean"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

World admired company that has a good portfolio of products.

Cons

Too much wasteful spending on projects that do not meet ROI objectives.

Advice to Management

You can no longer live off your brand name so you will have to execute those aggressive plans to see the next milestone anniversary.

"Coke was it!"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very ethical company with great brands and talented people

Cons

Dramatic business change never ends. And the people impacts that go with dramatic change never end. This is the clearest indication that management has failed the company and doesn't really know how to transform Coke into a new-age company.

Advice to Management

Fix the 'real' underlying systems, processes and culture instead of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic for the umpteenth time.

"Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Group Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Group Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, decent pay, iconic brand. Finally reacting to the changing tastes of Consumers. Hope it is not too little, too late.

Cons

Culture has become toxic. No growth. Trying to cut, cut, cut to increase profits. New management trying to make it an operational company.

Advice to Management

Go private. Trying to please the Street is killing the Company.

"PM"

Former Employee - Project Manager I in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager I in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amenities, benefits, flexibility, 401k match (preciously and iconic workplace with amazing leadership and lifelong, dedicated employees)
    Older, tenured employees have much to offer regarding experience, workplace change, and mentoring offerings
    Free parking downtown
    Beautiful sculptures and art collection from the old regime
    Archives department has amazing collectibles and history of the company

Cons

Red tape, do, undo and redo. Waste of money reinventing the wheel over and over each time the ceo changes. Constant layoffs, low morale, company will most likely be bought out. Assessments for layoffs are subjective and the same good ole boy/girl mentality is alive and well. Due to previous lawsuits, they do a good job cya and the latest assessments are scored in four categories...of course subject to your managers review/personal opinions. So those impacted were told " you do not have the function/leadership skills for the new organization". Utilizing this script to employees that have been there 30+ years and did their jobs well.
    Benefits are going away, only if you are a director or above do you make a decent living, bonus and stock options, this was not the case previously when you had dedicated employees

Advice to Management

Start fresh and wipe the slate clean. Allow Enbev or someone to purchase the company and wipe everything out, until this occurs, you still have many leaders that should not be employed. Stop renovating your campus and global offices wasting billions of dollars with the wp2020 team , and narcissistic director traveling first class globally, meanwhile eliminating jobs, many that are equivalent to one trip is one's annual salary.
    The best possible scenario is coke to be purchased. Focus on the workers and the grades below 14, as you only take care of high job grades for severance packages, bonuses and stock options,.

5. "No time for life"

Current Employee - Production in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Production in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

All the hours you can handle

Cons

Forced 16 hour shifts if someone calls in sick. Forced work every weekend. No time for family or life in general.

"Could be better, but it's not."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, nice campus, flexible work schedule.

Cons

Layoffs every 9-12 months, constantly changing directors and managers create ever-shifting lack of direction, no employee development, annual reviews are not taken seriously.

7. "Parts Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Direct Managers were very supportive.

Cons

Cooperate changes directions with no regards to employment impact

8. "Would be great"

Current Contractor - Consumer Interaction Center in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Contractor - Consumer Interaction Center in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Coca-Cola Company as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Quite a number of fun and enthusiastic folks
    Easy hours to adjust to
    Communication can be strong
    Vacation is good if you get full time/permanent position.

Cons

The way things are run is questionable at best. We work by script, get penalized for straying even when called for, we get penalized for using common sense, and get penalized for taking too long on a call (even if it's the consumer's questions). You can't really rely on the supervisors during calls either because you place them on hold, wait 5 minutes for a "Hey there" in Lync (it's like Microsoft's combination of Skype and MSN Messenger). The average response time I have had was 6-8 minutes for an answer which is an extremely long time for consumers to be on hold (even company penalizes you for having long hold times). I used to be so proud to work there but popularity and scores (more later) is key to getting hired.
    You're locked in place and even with openings, our budget sucks in this department. Some questionable decisions pretty much ensures we get higher call volume but the way they micromanage around here really hits hard on whether or not you can enjoy yourself here. There are many people who walk out, this year alone we had 3 or 4 people just walk out for good while we had more last year and it's not due to customers on the phones. The higher ups don't really communicate with you, they try to push a chain of command like in the military but it doesn't work here with how the department is supposed to be run. I have had several co-workers who worked in other call centers who all agree this was the worst call center they have worked in. This company has destroyed my faith in the company and pride for working here which were one of the reasons why I applied.
    Metrics work like this - they grade by RANDOMLY SELECTED REPORTS! Then they judge your overall performance by these random selections. I have personally seen people who have had high amount of hang-ups and attitude toward their consumers get amazing scores and overall top 10% call quality scores while those who try to be good at this job get poor scores. Do you wish to meet the big wigs?? Good luck, they rarely if at all come to this office. The entirety of my 18-month employment here and we have had maybe 2 visits from corporate (or 3 if I'm being generous). You want to move up? Get hired full time then hope you get a transfer to another department because you'll be in the same spot or brought back to the same position you were before until you find a new job. Even those who have been with the company for years are still in the same spot. Some have moved to another position but brought back to where they were when they started. Lots of shifting around, the highly coveted social media quality/promotions is like a myth and near impossible to get to no matter your grades. Getting trained and staying on "the e-mail" team is considered a privilege, screw up once or twice and OUT! You don't get a chance back in and only getting phone calls.

On average they have 20-22 students per training class - in 6 months expect majority to be gone most likely out of their own accord.

Advice to Management

Quit micro-managing, look at performance as well as personality and not specific scores. People want to excel and move up which they can't do when there's no real work opportunities.

9. "Warehouse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Great opportunity to learn different job

Cons

long hours not a lot of room for advancement

"Market Development Manager"

Former Employee - Market Development Manager in San Leandro, CA
    Former Employee - Market Development Manager in San Leandro, CA

I worked at Coca-Cola Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I worked with was great. If it were not for their support the position would be impossible. I was lucky enough to have a great manager. It seemed that everyone above her was too busy to talk with anyone. There is opportunity there, but you must be a part of the club to get promoted here.

Cons

Way too many focus areas. At any one time the company wants you to focus on 8 different initiatives. The training is terrible, you are barely given what you need to be successful. If you apply for promotions you will be told that you did great, but you will not get promoted. The people the choose to promote seem to all be a carbon copy of one another. The systems are terrible. They are either way outdated or they try to do too much with them and they crash every time you use them. The goals can be a little difficult to achieve at time, especially when you are forced to help in other areas. When you need an answer for a time sensitive matter, you will likely not hear back from anyone.

Advice to Management

Have the directors, ASM's, and DSM's go on ride alongs with the front line sales staff. There is no reason to alienate yourself from what is happening in the field. It is proven that the Blitzes that you focus on do little to effect anything. Instead give the employees the training they need. The FSOP division is the hardest of the three and often people are thrown in with little support. Simplify the amount of channels. If you condense them they will easier to sell. Ensure that the outlets that are opened by BDL's and MDM's are quality. I know there is a goal, but when you give a cooler and free product to a customer they are not likely to purchase from us again.

Showing 571 of 3,739 reviews