Code 42 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Joe Payne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of opportunities to learn and grow (in 3 reviews)

• Small perks (free snacks, coffee, and other beverages), good benefits (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I learned a lot but there is much to accomplish in a small period of time which sometimes makes work/life balance difficult (in 5 reviews)

• A LOT of changes have happened company-wide in the last eight months or so (in 2 reviews)

1. "DGR Review"

I have been working at Code 42 full-time

Pros

Culture, Culture, Culture, Culture! Absolute best work place I have been apart of. They have full kitchen free for employees and no hounding bosses. Come in make sure you get your work done and you will be fine. I would highly recommend Code42 to anyone that was looking.

Cons

I am in Demand Gen which is not the greatest, but you work with 22 other people just like you. We have a lot of fun.

"Was Once "Worth it", but Now Just Average"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Code 42 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing office, rediculous perks (free drinks/soda, free snacks, full stocked kitchen area). Fast paced, never boring. Without a doubt the smartest people I ever worked for and easily the only place I ever worked where I was truly friends with my co-workers -- the co-workers were the hardest part about leaving and really the only reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

Again, fast paced -- you have to like being ready for anything and sometimes running from fire to fire, especially as it concerns anything production/cloud related. Work/life balance is poor; great place to work if you're single or just don't mind working a lot of extra hours. Pay is meh, you'll find better as bigger area companies. Culture is deteriorating, compared to years ago. Turnover has been skyhigh in the last couple years, especially in Engineering, which can really affect morale. Changing of some higher management of late might make a difference, but it's hard to tell as yet.

Advice to Management

Great job being transparent in all-hands, but make sure you're not losing what made Code42 the company it is.

What was once an amazing company worth the extra hours, lower pay, and potentially longer commute downtown (depending on where you live I suppose) has become an average company where it's just not worth it compared to working for a Best Buy, Target, Optum, etc.

3. "One of the best tech company - Awesome people"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Minneota, MN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Minneota, MN

I have been working at Code 42 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Code42. People are amazing and the managers are awesome. They really care and they want you to succeed in life. CrashPlan product is one of the best endpoint backup solution in the world. Nothing comes close.

Cons

We should have kept SharePlan and the consumer product. People loved it.
    But I understand it is a business decisions and confident that the Enterprise and Small business will grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing. I love that you guys are open and are very transparent

4. "Account Representative"

Pros

Cutting Edge, Nice Culture/Values, Fun Atmosphere

Cons

None that I can think of

"meh"

I worked at Code 42 full-time

Pros

Most of the employees are great and work hard
    The snack and beverage selection is on point

Cons

Their vision doesn't seem very clear cut
    Allow more flexibility to WFH when it obviously makes sense
    Reward people who are trying to make the company a better place

Advice to Management

Get rid of the wonky bonus plan and just pay people better salaries
    Stop with the ridiculous parties and just pay people better salaries
    Get your vision straight

"Frustrating"

I worked at Code 42 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A handful of remarkably talented individuals, beautiful office, large departmental budgets.

Cons

This company has an extraordinary high tolerance for incompetence. Many departmental leaders lack even the slightest experience over their domains making projects and conversations downright difficult and often embarrassing. Millions have been wasted on outsourced, overpriced, and lackluster agencies, including promotions strung together last minute without any level of strategy other than to spend money. The organization has started down a path of nepotism, replacing talent that quits with "people persons" from years past, who sadly have no qualifications and serve mostly to make others uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Where there is smoke there’s fire. Look at why people are leaving and make the right decisions in the leaders chosen to preserve the organization’s future. Expect sr. management to have answers to the technical questions. Heck, expect them to even understand the questions. If they don’t, ask yourself what are they doing here?

"Was once a great place to work"

I worked at Code 42 full-time

Pros

Great people, solid technology, great facilities

Cons

Leadership doesn't listen to employees and is slow to react to a market that is moving extremely fast.

Advice to Management

Move on from your 20-year old playbook and look at everything happening around you. Your employees are your best source of reality.

Also, focus on creating a culture that makes your valuable employees want to stay.

The company is in dire need of a C-level executive that truly understands technology, in order to right the ship.

8. "Charging Ahead"

I have been working at Code 42 full-time

Pros

Best software platform in the space with amazing customers. High growth, excellent culture

Cons

;As Code42 continues to grow and hire exponentially, there can be some periods of measured chaos during the day

Advice to Management

Keep the peddle down

9. "Demand Generation"

I have been working at Code 42 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful team atmosphere - low managerial hierarchy and a team that will stop at nothing to acheive.

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of. The company is forward looking and constantly making sure that the right people are on the bus.

Advice to Management

They do a great job of listening to the team and making sure our concerns are heard. Not criticisms.

10. "Becoming a real company"

I have been working at Code 42 full-time

Pros

Fantastic engineering organization. Lots of new blood in the last year has really solidified things. Everyone eager and willing to help. People like to have fun and enjoy each other, yet also know how to get busy and get work done.

Mid-level managers are fantastic. Great communicators.

Cons

A lot of changes in the past year as the company matures. Sometimes priorities change quickly.