Cofactor Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Cofactor Group Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

Found 5 reviews

3.9
Cofactor Group CEO Scott Augenstein (no image)
Scott Augenstein
  1. "Great place to work"

in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cofactor Group for more than 5 years

Pros

- Small firm with a very flat organizational structure, a friendly culture and minimal bureaucracy - Supportive environment that allows employees to learn and grow; lots of access to senior staff provides opportunities for mentoring - Firm does a wide variety of interesting work within Biotech and Pharma allowing employees to gain experience in many different functional areas (e.g. Medical Affairs, Market Access,... Commercial, Analytics) and types of projects (e.g. life cycle management, product launch, market analytics, competitive intelligence, scientific literature review, brand strategic planning)

Cons

- Staff is often dispersed across various clients which can make it hard to see folks outside of project team regularly

Cofactor Group2015-07-07

"Small business feel"

Former Employee - Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cofactor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

focused group of individuals with a small business feel

Cons

Very hard to impress management

Cofactor Group2019-09-09

"Good culture, but lacks people development"

Former Employee - Associate in Wayne, PA

I worked at Cofactor Group full-time

Pros

Fun projects across a range of therapeutic areas and functions. The small company culture and flatness of the organization allow you to work side by side with directors and closely with teammates.

Cons

You get can stuck in one type of project for long periods of time until someone else is trained to take over. The company has difficulty with employee management and development. Several highly experienced people left the company during my short tenure. The company was perpetually interviewing candidates, but remained the same size. With no track or development plan for employees, most people would only have an... opportunity at their annual review to discuss development, goals and performance.

Advice to Management

Understand your employees goals

Cofactor Group2018-01-17

"Great place to break into healthcare consulting"

Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cofactor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are given responsibility from the first day. You get direct access to the directors and top managers. You work with smart and creative people. I always looked forward to going into work.

Cons

Some of the work can be dull and repetitive. Many projects are plug and chug and we sometimes act as project support for the client.

Advice to Management

Involve your employees more on the RFP process and be more transparent in to what types of projects are being sold.

Cofactor Group2016-12-19
  5. "Temp Employee POV"

Current Contractor - Graphic Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cofactor Group for less than a year

Pros

It's nice and open. The work isn't difficult but fairly repetitive and detailed. It can get very boring. You are allowed to listen to music while working which is nice and there is free lunch on Tuesdays and free soda, tea, and coffee. There are microwaves and refrigerators. There is also a large break area to sit in which overlooks Michigan Ave. I was hired temporarily to work part time before Black Friday and it... has been fairly consistent. Employment seems to be based on the amount of work that needs to be done and I've gone home a couple of times after half a day because work ran out. The few people I interact with have been very nice and it's a fairly stress free environment. Overall I'd say it seems like a nice place to work it's just not very exciting or challenging.

Cons

It's difficult to get to know people, everyone is buried in their work but it's not impossible. I only interact with a couple of people on a daily basis and spend most of my 8 hour shift sitting quietly working. It was made very clear to me that my position was strictly temporary but it could possible to work full time. I am not sure exactly when my temporary employment will end now that Black Friday is over, I... expect it will be soon but I haven't been given a definitive end date. Probably when the work starts to dwindle down to a "normal" amount is when they will let me go. My position also doesn't pay very much but it's very entry level though I would feel more satisfied at $13 per hour versus the $11 per hour that I do make now. But again it's temporary work so I guess that it's okay.

Advice to Management

I don't have enough insight to offer advice to management but I haven't had any problems. I just do my job.

Cofactor Group2015-11-28