KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great Culture - nice benefits - modern adaptive work environment

Dec 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work hours Flexible work locations (very remote friendly) Open and direct leadership style Flat organization - leads to less politics

Cons

Single product focus Family insurance is comparatively expensive

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An amazing culture, from the top.

Nov 1, 2021 - Android Engineering Manager in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Culture, Culture.. The amazing culture, gives everyone the chance to speak, while being egoless. Everyone I have met at CMB embodies ownership and being egoless. I have seen some reports where they say, companies should not be treated as family. I disagree, I think all companies should.. It is just unique that this one does not seem to have any disfunction/drama. A diverse team, friendly, and dare I say it.. Humorous!

Cons

Some of the teams have built up tech debt, but as a leader it is part of my job to make sure we have the opportunity to groom & tackle tech debt.

Continue reading
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee

A place to grow

Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to take initiative and demonstrate leadership Opportunities for strong technical growth Welcoming and supportive Flexible

Cons

Unbalanced teams create additional challenges

4. 5.0

Great Company

Jun 21, 2021 - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I was looking for my current job, I wanted to find a company with a strong mission, a great culture around collaboration and transparency, and work on a product domain that was interesting. I couldn't have found a better place than CMB. Arum and Dawoon are fantastic leaders that care about our users and employees. We have a non-political culture where we are all trying to solve problems for our users and our business. Dating apps are a really fun problem domain that is subtly complex and some of our tests continue to surprise me. It also helps that we are helping people find authentic connections that the world needs more than ever. It's a great place to work.

Cons

May not be the best place for people that want an environment where everyone goes to the same office. We are very remote friendly which isn't fore everybody.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Easy to like, easier to love!

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management and executive staff at CMB does an excellent job of leading from the top down when it comes to setting a tone for the culture and what to expect from leadership. And let me tell you--they do an outstanding job! They are very opened minded, have very little ego, and really take advantage of the lean-and-mean when it comes to maintaining that "small business" vibe. It's so refreshing to have my voice heard, my ideas considered, and my projects approved. There is very little bureaucracy and red tape that obstruct good work and make progress difficult. Over time this has undoubtedly increased, but not to the detriment of innovation and efficiency. Leadership aside, the one major thing I have to call out is THE PEOPLE. The team here really makes up the amazing experience I have had at CMB. Everyone really cares for each other and really cares about the company succeeding. It genuinely feels like we have each other's back and are rowing, with ferocity, in the same direction with the same enthusiasm. I have never had a better work/life balance, and CMB does an excellent job of allowing me to disconnect, so that synergy when I am "on the clock" doesn't ebb and flow like it does at companies where I am considerably less happy.

Cons

Honestly, I hate typing anything here because I don't want anyone who is potentially looking into applying, to read too much into this stuff and get turned off. I am listening some items here because no company is perfect, and everyone can always improve somehow. But please zoom in on the "pros" I've mentioned rather than lamenting too much on these points. Sometimes it feels like projects/softwares/vendors don't feel thoroughly scoped out and prepared for. I think we could do a better job of thoughtfully planning out and ensuring we are setting ourselves up for success. I also feel like we don't iterate enough, if something does well or does poorly, or just doesn't meet expectations, I'd like to continue to build and expand on core concepts, ideas, or projects.

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great leadership and management

Jun 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The leadership/executive team is very transparent about what's going on within the company - The company definitely cares for it's employees - My manager is excellent and my peers are very collaborative - I enjoy the company's culture and events - I enjoy the education & wellness stipends for personal mental growth and health

Cons

- This may be a con for others: CMB is a fully remote-working company at the moment. - No complaints otherwise

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Culture, Great Company

Jun 24, 2021 - Senior Engineering Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Executive leadership is committed to company culture There are lots of interesting problems to solve The team is small, so there are lots of opportunities to make major contributions The company values its employees and supports them not only at work, but in their lives as well.

Cons

The downside of a small team is there isn't much place to hide. Being a small player in a very tough industry with lots of competitors means hard work.

8. 5.0

Great remote friendly company

Jun 23, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- remote-friendly culture - management genuinely cares about people - transparency - a lot of nice perks - edu budget, wellness budget, remote happy hours, etc

Cons

- tech debt + fast-paced work = a lot of stress - chosen work framework leads to crunch and causes burnout - wearing multiple hats is very much a thing here

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place to create impact & great teammates

Jun 21, 2021 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people you work with are amazing, genuinely care for you and your work. - Great sharing culture he nit comes to work and general transparency about the company - Opportunity to work with and get mentorship from senior management

Cons

- Might not be the best fit if you're not used to fast-paced work environments

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

May 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

– Remote friendly – Good work/life balance – Great coworkers with a lot of teamwork – Very open for collaboration and feedback – Opportunities to grow and try new things

Cons

– As a smaller company, sometimes you have to wear a few hats

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews

Coffee Meets Bagel Reviews FAQs

Coffee Meets Bagel has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 57 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Coffee Meets Bagel to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Coffee Meets Bagel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Coffee Meets Bagel. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

89% of Coffee Meets Bagel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Coffee Meets Bagel 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Coffee Meets Bagel to be management, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, benefits, workplace.

Popular Careers with Coffee Meets Bagel Job Seekers