Coffman Engineers Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2022

Found 124 of over 129 reviews

4.5
Coffman Engineers CEO and President David T. Ruff, P.E.
David T. Ruff, P.E.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Rewarding work environment and culture

Jan 21, 2022 - Senior Engineer in Anchorage, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard play hard culture Team camaraderie Stable employment Excellent leadership

Cons

Ocassional long days to meet deadlines

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Leadership and Overall Company Culture

Apr 12, 2022 - Marketing Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership Amazing company culture Value their employees

Cons

I do not have any cons.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Tremendous Respect for the People and Organization

Mar 4, 2022 - Senior Discipline Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is mutual respect with EVERYONE I work with, leadership are genuinely good, cool people, pay is competitive, benefits are great, projects are fantastic, there is tons of opportunity, and I feel empowered to do awesome things. This company stands by it's mission and vision: Coffman’s mission is to empower our team to deliver innovative engineering solutions focused on our client’s success; Coffman’s vision is to be a preferred engineering consulting firm that supports employee well-being, local office autonomy, diverse and sustainable growth, and positive community impact.

Cons

The engineering industry as a whole right now is SUPER BUSY. Since Coffman is so successful and has a great reputation in the industry, working here, there is no downtime. You will be kept busy.

Continue reading
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Company that Values

Jan 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coffman is not just a job. It's a place where my coworkers have become family and the projects I've worked on have provided both professional and personal growth. I highly recommend Coffman.

Cons

To date, I've been with the company through its largest growth. With that comes the significance to reflect on and protect our culture. It's this that makes our company stronger than the next. I have no doubt that we can do this together, but I feel the tension. While this is not necessarily a "con", I feel it's worth mentioning. Let's continue to shield what we have - it's Coffman's secret weapon.

President

Thanks so much for the strong recommendation of your company. It is an ideal outcome for work to be additive to you as a whole person. Family and personal growth are great benefits. We spend over 1/3 of our waking hours at work. It is lamentable that so many companies don't take seriously the responsibility they have to their people. Work takes up a large portion of a person's life. It should be additive. If it is, it frees people up to be even more of a positive influence to their families and friends. We are doing our best to perpetuate this ethos, even while we grow. Thanks. Dave Ruff - CEO

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not as advertised

Apr 18, 2022 - Marketing Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefit options and employee recognition

Cons

poor management, pay not competitive, not open to constructive criticism

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Decent Company, Growing Pains

Mar 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

minimal overhead management, end of year bonus, interesting projects, good CEO

Cons

managers need soft skills training, "do anything to meet the deadline" attitude, limited advancement potential, poor benefits

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work

Sep 8, 2021 - Senior Administrative Assistant in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have never experienced a workplace where everyone is valued and respected. We are truly part of a team and people work together to accomplish the best products we can deliver to our clients. Working as a support person, sometimes we are looked down on, but not at Coffman! Coworkers value our support as essential and treat us as one of the team. You are appreciated and it shows in all of the perks offered. Once I started working here, I knew I was staying until retirement. Cannot say enough good things about working at Coffman!

Cons

None - seriously. Coffman values family and supports each employee with the goal in mind that family is the priority, work comes second.

2 people found this review helpful

President

Wow! Yes. Stay until retirement. I am so glad your experience has matched our stated culture and values. We do value everyone on the team. Each person has a role to fill and we all depend upon one another to achieve success. We are all human beings, intrinsically valuable, to be treated with dignity and respect. Thanks for all you do for Coffman. Dave Ruff - CEO

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company with Strong Values, Culture and Balance

Nov 8, 2021 - Senior Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership with clear and consistent communication, strong company culture and values and a very positive work-life balance.

Cons

Compensation could be improved to match market values.

Continue reading

President

Empowering the team is in our mission statement. I will certainly continue to do my best to empower local leaders. The office leaders make decisions as a team whenever possible and this creates decision making that is in-touch with local needs and also takes care of the broader business requirements. And it is much more fun for me. Working within a high functioning team is the most rewarding of all work environments. Thanks for the feedback. Dave Ruff - CEO.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great culture, well run, employee first focus, and local autonomy

Dec 7, 2021 - Executive Butler in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee focused organization, excellent culture allowing team members to thrive. Business has a solid management structure and talented team, allowing for local office autonomy, no corporate team forcing policies.

Cons

Employee health benefits include a solid HSA (with good company match), but are bundled with a high-deductible.

President

Thanks so much for the review. We are focused on our people thriving, not just because it is the right thing to do, but also because creativity and responsiveness depend upon thriving. Our clients hire people as much as they hire a brand. Clients are expecting that the people they engage with at Coffman are empowered to solve their problem and that the organization is healthy enough for them to have access to our collective expertise. Thriving matters. Dave Ruff - CEO

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Jan 11, 2022 - Civil Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good, stable company. Cares about employees.

Cons

Wide variance in how departments are ran

President

Our office autonomy does dribble into department autonomy. What we want to avoid is experiences that are disparate as it relates to culture. We have implemented leadership training and manager training in part to help with consistency of experience. This will be balanced by the autonomy that is our secret sauce. Alignment, but not confinement, is the goal. Thanks for the comment. Dave Ruff - CEO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews

Coffman Engineers Reviews FAQs

Coffman Engineers has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 129 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Coffman Engineers to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Coffman Engineers employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Coffman Engineers. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

91% of Coffman Engineers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Coffman Engineers 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Coffman Engineers to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with Coffman Engineers Job Seekers