Cogent Data Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO
1 Rating

1. "The best company to work for after graduation"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent exposure and training for those interested in how businesses survive and thrive. Great community of smart, creative, and interesting people.

Cons

Very long hours if you are not interesting in consulting or switching industries every so often.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it works out well.

2. "New to Cogent, but its great so far!""

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership team who is involved in the new hire selection process. They look for employees who are good in their area and also a good fit for the company, not just quickly finding "resources" to fill open positions.

Cons

Cogent is an IT consulting company, so you may be working on more than one project at a time, often changing to the next project. They also expect their employees to be flexible to take more work. These could all be PROs depending on your interests.

Advice to Management

As you grow, stick to your roots and your core beliefs.

3. "Great organization to join for career growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company sees themselves as a talent-development organization. They put a lot of time and effort to ensuring every employee at the company is growing their career and skills. There are many things in place to ensure development: clear framework on expectations, mentoring, semi-annual reviews, regular feedback on performance and projects to develop skills to prepare for next career promotion. Interview process is cumbersome to ensure no dead-weight.

Cons

You are expected to give your very best. You will work over 40 hours when you factor in development, mentoring, skill training and time to give feedback to others.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Great place to kick start your career"

Current Employee - Senior Data Modeler in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Data Modeler in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly career oriented, Competitive salary. Exposure to cutting-edge technologies. Working at Cogent gives you the opportunity to work at different clients which means different projects and technologies that you can learn in a shorter period of time.

Cons

Sometimes Cogent expects their employees to work extra time beyond 40 hour work week. Working for a consulting company also involves making less money than being an independent contractor.

Advice to Management

Please continue the trend of moving people around to different projects so that they can pick domain knowledge in a quick time.

6. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Senior Informatica Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Informatica Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leaders encourage you to think outside of the box and empower you to always do the right thing. Cogent embodies culture of collaboration and teamwork. Truly the best place I've ever worked.

Cons

You will always find more money elsewhere but it isn't worth the cost of leaving an organization that puts employees first.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture consistent.

7. "Great opportunity to work with people at a company focused on its employees"

Current Employee - Senior Data Integration Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Data Integration Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cogent Data Solutions is kind of an IT consulting firm where they would hire smart young people and overseer their careers toward the executive level. They really care about their employees and all conversations about their strategy begin with this question, "What is the best thing to do for our employees in order for them to succeed in their careers?”. Cogent Data Solutions only hires candidates that fit their culture and they are very picky about it. I am glad to work at a company that's not interested in weakening the talent pool.

Cons

Cogent Data Solutions is a challenging environment. If you are used to remain within your comfort zone and not adapted to being challenged regularly and asked to do things that are difficult, Cogent Data Solutions is definitely not the place for you.

Advice to Management

You have a great culture and a nice team, maintain it

8. "Great Company, Amazing People"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Lansing, MI

Pros

You will not find more supportive, more pleasant, more selfless management and coworkers anywhere. "Servant leadership" is a core value for Cogent Data Solutions, and they take it seriously. On top of that, everyone is competent, eager to collaborate, and fun to hang out with. A lot of value placed on mentoring and they invest a lot in the development of your skill set.

Cons

It is an environment where they push you to grow by constantly giving you opportunities to be challenged - I personally like that but others may be pushed outside of their comfort zone

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Really blown away by how supportive and helpful you guys are!

9. "Worlds best company"

Current Employee - Senior Data Integration Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Data Integration Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working with Cogent since 15 years. Unbelievable benefits for employees. Even big companies cant stand. Very much co-operative management. Anytime promotion surprises. Many big clients keeps you busy with heavy load work. I feel myself very much lucky to land in this company. I see bright future ahead. Really worked hard to get job in such a big company.

Cons

There are only ups no downs. In Cogent dictionary there is no place for Cons. You can blindly believe in management.

Advice to Management

What a Company !

"Excellent company"

Current Employee - Data Warehouse Specialist
    Current Employee - Data Warehouse Specialist

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time

Pros

I have been working for Cogent Data Solutions as Full time employee (more than 6 years) .

Never had any Issues with employer. Company treat employees very well.
    On time payment, They pay way better than other companies currently. (Never had a delay in pay check past 6 years except if pay day is a holiday(that's acceptable I think) ... actually that's simply awesome and a highlight for the company... )
    Well experienced management and HR team.
    Good Insurance.
    Very professional environment and will take care of employees very well.
    You get good knowledge, good opportunity to learn a lot.

I am a satisfied employee and proud of working with CDS.
    and Yes, you are more likely to get fired if you sleep in the office after multiple warnings by the boss and I believe its same in any company, no one likes their employees to come to office and sleep in the office. That's asking for trouble :)

Cons

Had very expensive insurance few months back that they got rid off now... So No complaints from my side.

Advice to Management

Your understanding and care for Employees is really good and please continue that.

"sharepoint developer"

Current Employee - Sharepoint Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sharepoint Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Cogent Data Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good to work for dev

Cons

no development unless work hard

Advice to Management

strong work