Cognetik Reviews | Glassdoor

Cognetik Reviews

Updated 19 Sep 2019

4.5
Cognetik CEO Daniel Herdean (no image)
Daniel Herdean
  1. "An excellent group of people - A great company"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Cary, NC

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for more than a year

Pros

My colleagues are exceptional. They are experts in their fields and yet they are warm, welcoming, fun, and engaging. This kind of openness is fostered by the company leadership and truly part of the culture. The benefits are exceptional, unlike anything I have ever experienced anywhere else. Just to name a few that are most important for my family: the part Cognetik pays for the insurance I chose is over 85% of... the cost, gym membership subsidy, free quality lunch every day, unlimited PTO (and a caring manager that actually approves this PTO), a generous number of Company Days Off (the most important being the entire period from Christmas eve to January 2). At Cognetik we all do a lot of work with much room for creativity and a constant need to discover/learn new things. If this is not something you desire, than this becomes part of the cons list. If you like to be challenged and grow, than you would also love this environment (... you will complain like many of us about process, but will secretly love the freedom, challenge and responsibility that we experience) Bottom line, I enjoy working here and I love the people I work with.

Cons

We often have A LOT of work to do. This is not for the faint of heart. But the compensation, benefits, and company culture make me want to pay the price.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and keep your commitment to high standards.

Cognetik2019-09-19
  2. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Analytics Engineer

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire the best and brightest. As a result they give you full control to take care of your work as you see fit. They have full trust that you will take care of the client and your responsibilities. This allows you to really reach and try to do the best you can. There is also an amazing culture here. It is more of a family environment where everyone is trying to help everyone succeed. Really great place to work!

Cons

As any company grows there are growing pains. Cognetik is no exception to these growing pains. However, when things are not working they are not afraid to make a course correction to get to a better place.

Cognetik2019-09-18
  3. "Opportunities Galore"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for less than a year

Pros

Find myself challenged to grow and advance because embedded in the company culture is mentorship and excellence. Love the fact that the position you hold does not influence the level of respect you receive.

Cons

Employees are all over the world which is good for diversity of thought and talent...I just wish I could travel more and get to know everyone.

Advice to Management

Grow faster!!

Cognetik2019-09-19

"Total Incompetence"

Former Employee - Business Development in Cary, NC

I worked at Cognetik full-time for less than a year

Pros

They buy everyone lunch everyday Compensation

Cons

The owners are smart guys but they are analysts with very little business sense. They switch people around in roles without having a prior conversation and then expect the person to take on new huge responsibilities, while still being held accountable for the original role. The "flexible" hours benefit is that you can work from home, but you'll find yourself putting in 12 hour days due to a large part of the company... operating out of Romania. The CEO is a micromanager and there is a ton of turnover.

Advice to Management

You hire very smart people, try to keep them. And stop firing people for no reason and without warning.

Cognetik2019-08-09
  5. "Best place I have ever worked!"

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is tremendous flexibility in your schedule. The growth managers genuinely care about the employee as an individual. They have free lunches and 2 fridges full of any drink that you request. They are not afraid to admit areas for improvement and they actively work to fix it. For instance, they recently added 2 employee advocates for trying to help make sure that employees always have avenues to express needs... and concerns. I can only talk about my manager, but as long as you let them know, "hey, I need support here" then everyone is ready to lend a helping hand. It is one of the few places that I have worked where the famine mentality doesn't exist. We are rapidly growing and their is room for everyone. I am never afraid that my coworkers, project managers, or practice managers will undercut me to save themselves. My coworkers are all experts in their fields and it is a pleasure to work with them.

Cons

They are pretty light on process. This can lead to misunderstandings about expectations and I could see how some might perceive their flexibility as unstable. Not really a con, if you are a self-starter and like being given ownership over projects and clients then this is your dream job!

Advice to Management

Keep growing the way you are now and do your thing!

Cognetik2019-07-02
  6. "Good company; growing pains"

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Engineer in Cary, NC

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for more than a year

Pros

-care about people -great teams -unique opportunities

Cons

-growing pains -lacking processes -need help scaling

Cognetik2019-07-02
  7. "One of the best places to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to grow and expand skills - Leadership is very caring and understanding - Great roster of fairly large clients - Haven't ran across anyone who is incompetent which is pretty amazing for a company of about 80 employees

Cons

- Still ironing our all the processes (company is fairly young) - Travel can sometimes be exhausting (but relative to other consulting companies, its not too bad) - Company is sometimes over optimistic in regards to sales leading to some instability

Advice to Management

You are doing pretty good. Just keep doing what you are doing + keep adding smart processes to prepare the company for growth

Cognetik2019-03-29
  8. "Excellent Company Culture"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Free lunch, snacks, and beverages offered at the office. Fun but focused work environment with great company culture. Leaders encourage growth and are willing to assist with your goals of growing within the company. Friendly and reliable co-workers that make coming to work enjoyable.

Cons

I truly cannot think of a con. I have loved working for Cognetik.

Advice to Management

Maintain great communication to continue to prosper.

Cognetik2019-02-18
  9. "Truly a great place to work!!!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Awesome and incredibly smart colleagues *Working with people who are all experts in their respective fields *The Founders and C Suite are all incredibly involved and invested in the success of each individual employee. Unlike anything I've ever seen *Leadership is absolutely stellar *Family oriented culture that isn't just talked about - it's shown and proven every day *Great benefits *Cool perks -... shuffleboard, darts, two fully stocked fridges, DAILY catered lunch *True support from all leadership on furthering your career path and empowering you with anything you need to be successful *Strong communication and transparency with everyone There's a bunch more I dont have room for!

Cons

There have been no cons thus far - only growing pains that are clearly communicated to everyone before coming on board. This is a highly motivated group of people who are growing fast and as a result - we figure some things out on the fly.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do what you are doing!

Cognetik2019-02-07
  10. "Best Place to work"

I have been working at Cognetik full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people The culture Company paid lunches Flexibility to work from home PTO Policy Career Growth Pay Benefits

Cons

Lack of process-This is a con for SOME not for me. Cognetik is a growing company and as all companies grow certain processes need to be put in place or changed. This is a growing company, you can be part of laying the foundation for something beautiful!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Your employees all support you and can't wait to grow with you!

Cognetik2019-01-04