Cognex "watch your back" Reviews | Glassdoor

Cognex Employee Reviews about "watch your back"

Updated Sep 13, 2019

3.4
Cognex President, CEO and Director Robert Willett
Robert Willett
Cons

Reviews about "watch your back"

Return to all Reviews

"Speed is all that matters"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

I worked at Cognex full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were great people, kind and welcoming.

Cons

Manager is a reptile with no talent for management and no background in psychology or business. He is "very protective of their corporate culture" and makes the hiring decisions, and surprise, the office is 99% white dudes! Once heard them brag about having fired someone who worked on the Hubble Space telescope because they were "too slow." Prepare to be micromanaged by an online schedule that you can't alter and gaslit throughout your employment. Was encouraged to come in and work unpaid hours in order to keep up with an aggressive schedule. This was an internship-level position, and no real training occurred. Company culture is cutthroat-- watch your back.

Continue reading
    Cognex2018-08-13

"Market Leader in Vision but Watch Out."

Former Employee - Marketing in Natick, MA

I worked at Cognex full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great company culture with huge celebration for Halloween -Decent benefits with decent compensation -Everybody knows Cognex in the industry- Products sell themselves

Cons

-Be prepared to work and get things done fast. This company moves faster than anyone else. - Lots of travel in Marketing- can become a burden if you are not use to it. -They have a habit of letting people go for whatever reason they conceive- always watch your back.

Cognex2017-10-26

"They are the definition of Chaos"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Cognex full-time

Pros

Fun nice people and a lot of external activities with far too much alcohol.

Cons

Lack of direction. Bigger chaos I have ever seen and it was my 4th company I know all companies keep an eye on the competition but I had never been told to COPY a competitor before, which is a funny contradiction considering they are all time bragging about innovation. Basically whenever they don’t know what to do, like something as trivial as the loudness of a beeping sound or the brightness of light, they copy keyence, I honestly never seen something like this. Limited resources and unrealistic work performance expectations No training at all and poor guidance from managers People are obsess with individual success and having a patent under their name. Basically no team spirit at all and managers are proud of it for some reason. Tree people fired in a month, so watch your back (The chances of not passing the probation period are high)

Continue reading
    Cognex2019-09-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews