KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CognitiveScale Reviews

Updated Dec 11, 2021

Found 62 of over 71 reviews

3.6
CognitiveScale CEO Akshay Sabhikhi (no image)
Akshay Sabhikhi
Pros
  • "Free catered lunch every day, Freedom on projects, exposure to many different departments, tech talks(in 8 reviews)

• "Lots of amenities (snack bars and free lunch)(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "lack of focus: I'd like to write it below one more time for good measure(in 4 reviews)

• "With engineering like this, it's no surprise that customer churn is much higher than I'm comfortable with(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Driving Innovation in AI

Feb 24, 2021 - Architect
      Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative company that is leading the way in Trusted AI. Proven Customer Success, experienced and intelligent engineers, strong product suite, and inclusive people operations. I’ve been given many opportunities to grow my career due to supportive leadership and would highly recommend CogScale to those interested.

Cons

There is a lot of promise where we are going, but need more people to achieve our goals.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best team I have ever worked with

Feb 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are really talented and great to work with. It's a low ego environment where everyone looks out for each other. It's also a very innovative company that is really committed to developing responsible AI. We have some really impressive customers too.

Cons

Sometimes the company lacks focus, but I have seen some improvements on this lately.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

World-class team, friendly culture, and big-picture vision

Sep 24, 2020 - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm excited to get up in the mornings to start my day. The executive leadership team has done an excellent job at casting both long-term and short-term vision for the company and products. My team leader entrusts me with opportunities where I can make an impact to our bottom-line and get recognized when I meet my goals. Product, R&D, and Customer Success are very friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

As with any startup, its easy to say yes to a lot of things. Be careful not to take on too many projects at once, otherwise, you might burn-out. Be your own advocate.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Great company to work

Feb 10, 2019 - Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Cognitive Scale (Over a year) Relentless commitment to solve customer problems. This is the core of most day to day decisions and the true North for all activity. This makes it a place to be proud to work. Management is very supportive and keeps asking for regular feedback to improve culture and products. You'll work on cutting edge projects / solve important issues that impact your customers. Have seen a shift happening to hire folks, who are interested to solve customer problems rather than being academic. This has improved the focus and synergy within the teams. AI field is changing rapidly and products are evolving rapidly to meet the needs. So there is definitely times when there is adjustments to product roadmap. This needs folk who are doers, and can adjust to change.

Cons

Really not many to mention.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and excellent opportunities

Jan 21, 2019 - Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Joined few months ago. Already having fun working with various groups. Management is very supportive and inclusive. Given the rapid change in AI technologies every company need to re-assess their product portfolio so often which isn’t bad. That’s why top level executives were brought in from other big companies to help mature the platform and process. The ability to do things fast and break things is needed and is very evident here. I recommend anyone looking for a challenging opportunity, willing to roll up their sleeve and get it done mentality to join us at CogScale. I already referred CogScale to several of my friends and ex-colleagues.

Cons

Couldn’t think of any. Need to hire more top talent faster for sure.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Mixed bag: great place to grow; but large issues do exists

Dec 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- there are a lot of SMART people who work here and are more than willing to go out of their way to help coworkers - company is in a very financially stable place and has a lot of cash: and is willing to spend it (e.g. latest macs + software + tools for employees) - the perks (e.g. catered lunches, snack bar) are great amenities - engineering - under difficult circumstances (more on this in the cons section) - has made a lot of advances

Cons

- lack of focus: I'd like to write it below one more time for good measure - lack of FOCUS: the company is making a whole slew of products quickly, and there's a lack of quality and depth among them, due to the fact that there are just so many products and are made in a rush - not very women-friendly, a distinct lack of females in the C-level - lack of processes/procedures in the product development process - Employees bring up a lot of issues (such as direction of company): but a lot of the the time it feels like the advice just goes through 1 ear and immediately comes throughout the other

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Awesome Company and Products

Aug 11, 2018 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management Compensation Collaborative Culture Advancement

Cons

Health Benefits could be a little better

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Management is working through growing pains

Aug 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Confidence in current management. Quarterly departmental meetings are held with CEO and CTO/Founder, which is an open discussion. Employees are given the tools to be successful. Effort is made by management to help employees reach the next level in their career. Lunches and employee socials help to make it feel more like a community.

Cons

Great strides have been made to achieve a better work-life balance, but it hasn't been felt across all departments. Health insurance benefits could be better. More conference rooms are needed.

9. 5.0

Great vision and technology

Aug 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easily one of the best AI companies out there Amazing vision that is being delivered with each release Great partners and investors Good people Free lunches are awesome. Takes away the pain of dealing with choices and traffic during the day Encourage social activities every week

Cons

Work life balance is non existent in some departments, which is expected in startups in growth mode Decisions are mostly top-down

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work and grow

Aug 8, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The company is in great market and each iteration of their product has clear value. - Super smart and helpful people. I've worked for a few tech companies and this is easily the most cutting edge. - Lots of opportunity to grow or influence the company but you have to be pro-active. - Free lunch, might sound silly but this really make my day so much simpler. - There is an active social community endorsed by the company.

Cons

- Work life balance for some departments needs improving. Management is aware of this and has been trying different things, but work still remains. - Prioritization is difficult. Not only is the company still a strartup but we are a startup in an emerging market. Change comes fast and frequent. If you've read a book like The Lean Startup you'll better understand the shifting priorities. - Everyone wears multiple hats but what small company doesn't have that problem?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews

CognitiveScale Reviews FAQs

67% of CognitiveScale employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CognitiveScale 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CognitiveScale to be benefits, management, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with CognitiveScale Job Seekers