Cognizant Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Associate director"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If there is any I will share

Cons

Too much to detail over here

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror and then at your kids. How taking the food from hard working associates to feed the rich beggars kids feels

2. "Technology and gender diversity from the dark ages."

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Still trying to come up with some....

Cons

This company is still stuck in the dark ages, both technologically as well as in it's feeble attempts at gender diversification.

They claim to be a completely agile company but this was achieved by a patent for their own "brand" of project management which was Waterfall with Agile in the name.

If you are a woman, you will be talked at, talked over, and talked through. Gender bias is very clearly apparent.

They do not care for their employees. I've seen them direct employees to pick up and move without being given an option. Rather than a pay a slightly higher cost of living they'll have the employee live somewhere with lower COL and have them fly back and forth to work regardless of what that does to family or even whether it actually is cost effective.

Logic is seen as nay-saying and not being a team player and is most definitely not the ruling train of thought for this company.

"Software Developer"

Current Contractor - Software Developer in Wilmington, DE
    Current Contractor - Software Developer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

we can learn skills from the managers like how to manipulate employees to work more and more but don't pay them back any..

Cons

Worst experience with CTS. My project was done with the client and have to quit the job. I did the same. From the day I quit, I have ben asking them to approve my working hours so that I have to submit that to my employer. I have been literally begging them from almost 3 months now. Client have approved my invoice but these managers from CTS are not. As I have already quitted the job, they don't want to pay for my work. Crap all around. Eating others hard work and not paying back doesn't result in good employer.
    Because of you thirsty and money minded managers who wants to ditch the contractors working for CTS, you are bringing a very bad name to your employer who is responsible for your bread and butter.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat contractors.. Forget about bonus and crap, at least pay them back for what they worked. Minimum is 1. So have to give a rating of one. I wish there is a rating of 0.

"Great Company for Foreign Nationals"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Cognizant Technology Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers great opportunity for growth and advancement but you must be an Indian national. Low pressure work environment.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement if you're American born. Essentially the company is a staffing agency for Asian employees who get placed first temporarily but then permanently at top companies all over the U.S.A. and the world. Zero commitment to diversity.

Advice to Management

No advice to management you are succeeding in your intention and lobbyists in D.C. look the other way. But your company hurts the American workforce far more than there needs to be any silly wall in Mexico. Americans are capable and trained to do the work your company will not hire them for.

5. "Associate"

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Has vast areas to work on

Cons

Very bad organization to work at. Senior leadership misuses H1B visa holders and make them work like slaves

Advice to Management

Management should get employee friendly and understand their needs. Also salary to employees should be considered. Charging huge amounts from client and paying very less to employees is not fair

6. "Completely Unorganized"

Current Employee - Test Analyst
    Current Employee - Test Analyst

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You get paid
    - Pretty good benefits
    - Some people will help you once you figure out who they are

Cons

- Told I would code throughout hiring process (I'm a CSE major). The closest I got was using a program to automate tests
    - Took months to actual do any work. Literally sitting there for 8 hours until then
    - Hard to develop any skills when you aren't doing anything

Advice to Management

- Organize everything and only hire people you need
    - Make sure your employees arent sitting there twiddling their thumbs for months on end

7. "Beware! Unorganized Management"

Current Employee - Social Media Content Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Social Media Content Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

- Friendly coworkers.
    - The job, as of now, is M-F. This is soon to change.

Cons

- Was promised 9 company holidays (as outlined under PAID TIME OFF in the offer letter) in addition to 17 PTO days. Management later informed us that company holidays consist of double time, not paid time OFF. Be prepared to work every holiday.
    - The content is extremely graphic and disturbing. Clear expectations were not set during the interview.

Advice to Management

Adhere to company policies and benefits, rather than creating/altering them day-by-day. Employee retention will be much higher if you are consistent and transparent.

8. "not good for US working visa employee"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

competitive package as compared to other Indian Companies
    good projects in the USA

Cons

frequent u-turns on the promises done during recruitment, salary revision after committing, project change, GC processing denied.
    If coming here for GC processing then look somewhere else, they can do u turn even on written commitment.
    typical desi behaviors of management, preferring certain individuals over others.
    Salary hikes used to be ok few years back, but nowadays everything is downhill

Advice to Management

overhaul the senior management to act more professional and as per MNC culture. Don't encourage partial behaviors

9. "Cognizant Review"

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to offer challenging technical role, not anymore

Cons

New policies are severely affecting employee morale

10. "Cognizant review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Cognizant Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

there are a few good people but everyone is over-worked and the culture brings out the worst in even these people half of the time

Cons

zero work/life balance, high stress environment, beyond heavy work load with not enough staff

Advice to Management

hire more U.S. staff so the U.S. clients do not halt their business

Showing 808 of 17,641 reviews