CohnReznick Reviews in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

3.4
Frank P. Longobardi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Busy Season Hours are a bit intense due to under staffing at the time (in 51 reviews)

• Work/life balance could be better (in 22 reviews)

1. "tax accountant"

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning and gaining experience in Low Income Housing Tax Credits . Preparing Partnership returns

Cons

Minimum exposure to different types tax returns

Advice to Management

Spreading more positive attitude

2. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Human resource manager, fun social events, decent pay with great benefits

Cons

Poor management, poor work-life balance

3. "Busy Season Intern"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Sacramento, CA
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people there are friendly with good personalities. The workplace is really nice given how well off this company is. The firm spends heavily on training their new staff.

Cons

Since I was only here during their busy season, everyone was really pressured to meet deadlines and had a lot of work on their plate. The fact that they primarily deal with low income housing in the Sacramento office doesn't help make this an exciting place to work. Work was often assigned without much guidance or explanation.

Advice to Management

Make training more applicable to the types of assignments and workpapers you have your associates do. A lot of time is invested in training associates, however it doesn't pay off when the work isn't completely reflective of he work.

"I would work somewhere else if I were you....."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good training programs
    -Other CR offices are WAY better than CR Sacramento. The LA office is awesome.

Cons

-Nobody cares about your personal life. Work comes first and if you don't have that mentality you will not survive there. There is no work-life balance even in off-busy season. Good luck getting your CPA!

-Narrow industry focus. You won't gain much experience doing any "real" auditing there. You will only do low-income housing audits.

-Lackluster work quality. The emphasis is on getting the work out the door rather than making sure work is of high quality. If you don't do things the "SALY" (same as last year) people think you're an idiot and you're "reinventing the wheel," as opposed to making improvements in processes.

-Everyone thinks everyone else is stupid.

-If they promise to "get you on track for promotion," they're lying. They say that just to get you to sign the offer letter.

-High turnover - I would estimate 15 people left in a 9 month period for an office of less than 40 people. That should give you an idea of how great the culture is. So, good news is, they're ALWAYS hiring. That isn't because business is expanding.

-No bonuses whatsoever. And the raises are less than inflation.

Advice to Management

Get real and please stop being oblivious to the turnover issue. It isn't because its "just public accounting." We realize you have a job to do but you've lost 90% of your best staff. Trust me, they aren't coming back, ever.