CohnReznick Senior Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Frank P. Longobardi
  1. "Senior associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team work and flexible hours

Cons

Too many hours of work

CohnReznick2017-09-04
  2. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked in the Boston office tax department for a few years and ultimately had a good experience. I learned a lot, made some good connections, and this experience helped take my career to the next level.

Cons

There were people that came and went over the years I worked there who acted unprofessionally (inconsiderate of others) on a consistent basis and this behavior was, at times, tolerated and/or not addressed as soon as I would have liked it to be.

Advice to Management

I was most impressed with management, especially their open door policy and commitment to continually improving the department. Keep it up.

CohnReznick2019-05-24
  3. "Do not launch your career here"

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate

I have been working at CohnReznick

Pros

Flex schedule during non busy season. Decent dinner during busy season. Some coworkers are smart/nice

Cons

Culture is very fake. People like to play politics here to get bonus/promotion. Management is very bias. Very high turnover this past couple years and they’re having a hard time recruiting good candidates. The past couple classes of new associates were just average B C students. I feel that they hire just about anyone who applied. Compensation is way below industry average. Management doesnt seem to care about the employees...

Advice to Management

Compensate properly. Care about employees more.

CohnReznick2019-06-27
  4. "The nicest place!"

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are so nice. The clients are diverse and interesting ranging in all sizes and industries. Hours outside of busy season are laid back. Good amount of PTO.

Cons

Very small bonuses. Busy season = con, but definitely better than Big 4. Not many cons for a public accounting firm.

Advice to Management

Compensate your people, have fun perks, add some team bonding events. Get to know your staff and make them feel like they actually matter. You have smart talented people, do something to keep them.

CohnReznick2019-03-08

"Disappointing experience-Tyson’s Office"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility and the ability to manage your own schedule. Great co-workers on team.

Cons

Minimum weekly/yearly hours requirement; management is not interested in quality work just quantity; asking questions regarding policy not appreciated and retaliation should be expected; culture is one of sink or swim. Training for new college graduates is nonexistent. Managers are managing projects that they have no experience managing.

Advice to Management

Have integrity and a strong moral compass. Invest in young accountants with time and mentorship. This is what builds loyalty.... not threats and intimidation.

CohnReznick2019-03-13

"I miss my Uncle Charles!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CohnReznick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Lots of opportunity to learn -Flexible hours -Fun and respectful coworkers, especially my Uncle Charles and Trustworthy Baynes! -Ping pong in kitchen -Nelson

Cons

-Long busy season hours Monday through Saturday from January through mid April -Frank Longobardi's tan -401(k) policy -As senior associates, and even staff, you are given lots of responsibilities to oversee and complete. Sometimes it seems as though regardless of these responsibilities, people are not rewarded appropriately.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people, they are the future of the firm.

CohnReznick2018-10-25
    • "Senior associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Roseland, NJ

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility schedule. Can choose to come in late and stay late or come in early and leave early as long as you get the work done. Or work from home if needed. Friendly working environment. Managers and partners do care if you actually learn stuff.

Cons

Make sure you negotiate your salary when you get in because otherwise you will find yourself way much underpaid...

Advice to Management

If you think an employee is good, please do take care of him/her. Otherwise let them know where they did wrong..

CohnReznick2018-07-12
    • "Great place to start career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick

Pros

Better work life balance than Big 4 with a more fun company culture than them as well from my understanding. Extremely flexible work hours. So long as you have a good manager and get your work done you can take long breaks during the day to go to the gym/etc. Vacation policy is unbeatable. There are some people who arrange for 4 day workweeks and take extended 4+ week vacations in the summer. Actual ability to make...

Cons

Busy season is often longer in duration than that of Big 4. Multiple clients means multiple client deadlines with draft deadlines in between. Big 4 may have more intense work hours on a given week, but CohnReznick seems to have 60 hour weeks that stretch from Mid-January through the end of April. Pay/Raises - these are going to be slightly less than Big 4, and a decent amount less than going in-house at a company.

Advice to Management

401k Match would be nice.

CohnReznick2018-07-03

"Senior Assurance Associate"

Current Employee - Assurance Senior Associate

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time

Pros

Work/life balance after busy season is nice.

Cons

Favoritism, client variety is lacking.

Advice to Management

More training is always a good thing.

CohnReznick2018-03-06

"A family friendly employer"

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at CohnReznick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of PTOs (4 weeks at first year associate), Spacious cubes (big NO to hoteling), flexible schedule and supportive management. The WomenCan program, the sponsorship program, the mentoring and buddy system... the company wants you to succeed and is there every step of the way to help you achieve your goal!

Cons

Pay is about industrial average, client needs to be more diversified.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

CohnReznick2017-08-25