KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cohobnb Properties Reviews

Updated Sep 2, 2021

Found 10 of over 10 reviews

3.7

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 2, 2021 - Housekeeper in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work for and with, everyday!!

Cons

there are no cons to working at coho properties

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Startup Company with growing pains but great potential

Aug 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely supportive team always willing to help you. Raises are given pretty frequently based on performance. The vacation rental industry is growing quick and has lots of room for professional growth. Very goal driven environment with a work hard play hard mentality. Office attire is very causal and you get to visit some really awesome properties!

Cons

Not always the best/healthiest environment. It’s a startup, so there are going to be some operational issues. The owner/ceo is very involved and can be very intense at times and will definitely rub you the wrong way if you’re on the sensitive side. Unlimited PTO was very confusing (sounds like you are already clearing that up!) and there are only 5 true vacation days. Again, it’s a startup so these operational issues are to be expected to some degree. It does appear leadership & the new COO are aware of their issues and want to work to improve them.

3. 5.0

Start-up your career!

Aug 31, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many emerging opportunities as Cohobnb continues its rapid growth. This start-up has made great strides in becoming an established property rental management in NWA. Consistent growth make it an exciting place to work as your work directly influences the company's success. Your input on departmental day-to-day decision making is listened to and if you find a better solution to a system or problem your able to implement it with little friction. I enjoy working with the entire team and we are able to assist each other when needed. This company creates an environment where you are able to build your own future. Recommended for personality types that are self-starters and enjoy having meaningful work. If you bring this mentality you will quickly be considered a valuable member of the team.

Cons

The combination of the Hospitality industry and a start-up can cause deadline pressure.

4. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Fast Paced & Dynamic

Aug 29, 2021 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with this company because every day is different. There is a strong element of team work around the office as everyone has their unique part in making the machine go. I love the problem solving-element of this job & the attitude that no problem is too big. Great crew of co-workers. Owner is passionate and focused on growth, which is fun to be a part of.

Cons

Not necessarily a con - but the fast paced nature of a start up isn’t for everyone. Be ready for innovation & acting on your toes in the company!

5. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

GROWING, GROWING, GROWING

Aug 29, 2021 - Senior Maintenance Manager/Consultant in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cohobnb is NWA premier short-term rental company. Lots of room of growth and vertical movement within the company if you are reliable and prove yourself. Pay in all areas is competitive.

Cons

Due to the nature of the job, it can be stressful dealing with deadlines, homeowners, and guests.

6. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work (fast paced)

Aug 26, 2021 - Revenue Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like a fast-moving start-up business, this will work for you.

Cons

If you like a more structured atmosphere, this might be a bad fit.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work!

Jul 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working for Cohobnb recently and it is a great place to work! Coworkers and management have been very helpful and truly want to help you succeed. The company offers unlimited PTO, employee discounts, vacation time and a 401(k). There is a lot of room and potential for growth as the company is really growing!

Cons

None that I can think of.

8. 1.0

High Turnover Rate

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll meet some lovely people. There is a dog.

Cons

The owner constantly harasses and belittles his employees. He will never take your side if you work for him. You will always be wrong in every situation. He snaps at people for the smallest slight, real or imaginary, and sometimes completely contradicts his previous 'criticism'. Working in the same room as him is like walking on eggshells, unsure of what ordinary behavior he'll suddenly decide is unacceptable. And if you speak to him, something you say will insult him. He has soundproof padding on the door to his office for a reason. Beware that the Owner will make False reviews with employee accounts.

4 people found this review helpful

Cohobnb Properties Response

Hi there. I am sorry to hear about your experience at Cohobnb. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I truly appreciate your feedback. We have hired our Chief Operating Officer to manage the company and take a load off my (the owner’s) plate. He was hired not only to spend more time with employees but to facilitate a balanced workload for the entire team. We are a startup and have grown extremely fast - from 5 employees to 50 in the past year alone all while trying to attract leadership talent. We did go through a rough patch from around November to June as we were trying to hire the right executive team. We also hired a Human Resources Specialist who we invite you to contact at any time to discuss any issues you may have. Also, please note that we do not have any fake reviews on this website. As a startup that is growing fast, we want staff members who are excited to continue to grow the company. I do value feedback like this and it’s precisely due to experiences like yours that we hired someone who can take the time to train, develop, and nurture employees’ success at Cohobnb.

9. 1.0

Stay away

Jul 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

the industry is fun and the company has potential. Some of the best coworkers who support each other.

Cons

“Unlimited PTO” is a lie - it’s just unlimited work from home that has to be approved before hand. Only 5 true days off but good luck getting to take them. Not flexible. No health care. Toxic environment. You get messaged after hours and on weekends. Unrealistic expectations of employees.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

First of all, I appreciate your feedback. Honest, raw, feedback like this helps us shape the company as I (the owner) deeply care about our staff - contrary to what this review states. I realized that employee satisfaction during your employment was very low which, at the end of 2020 and the first half of 2021, was a rough patch for our company. This is twofold: 1. We were growing extremely fast and not able to hire fast enough, 2. we were attempting to promote employees into leadership positions too early (just a couple of weeks into their role on the job) and without training, because we were not able to find leadership roles quick enough. At the end of 2020, we had 10 employees. Now, in mid-2021 we have almost 50. I am deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and if I could go back and change it, I definitely would. More than likely if you were talking with me, you were in a leadership role that I promoted too early and didn't offer enough training. Since your employment, we have hired a Chief Operating Officer to manage the team and help to lead and cultivate their growth and we have also hired a Human Resources Specialist to complete our benefits package we launched too early (wasn't clear on Unlimited PTO and health insurance reimbursement) and to also help to build out training programs and guides for staff. We are a full-on startup and have grown 10x since 2020 just in the first half of the year in 2021 and are looking for fast-paced individuals who are open and honest with us when they are overworked or need a day off (this is why its unlimited PTO meaning, literally, that there is not a limit as most companies put on the days you can take off per year). Also regarding the claim that "Unlimited PTO is a lie," it is not that - but it is offered to OT Exempt employees with the understanding that you have to prepare your team to work without you. Specifically, because I know where this review is coming from, we asked that you prepared your team for your leave and ensure that they knew to communicate to me (because we didn't have our COO at the time). I couldn't help that this didn't happen and they called you all hours of the day. As Henry Ford says, "Failure is an opportunity to begin again more intelligently." I am deeply sorry that we failed you, but to the person reading this, please apply for the job and bring up this review with the department head who is hiring you, or the recruiter, and see just how we have taken feedback like this to make this company better.

10. 1.0

Great Concept-Toxic Environment

Jul 27, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers and field staff were great to work with. The business model and concept are good. The homeowners were an amazing group of people to work with and guests were fun.

Cons

You do not get actual days off to enjoy your own life. You come into the office at 8 or 9, leave at 5 or 6 and you spend the rest of the evening on the phone dealing with issues or answering questions or emails from the Owner/CEO who wants follow-up at very random and inconvenient times. You will be tagged until you respond and then get accused of ignoring messages if you don't answer. You must always have your phone on you and be ready to solve any issue at any time. You are not given time to think out the solution to the issue without the owner/CEO tagging you incessantly in Slack, berating every move either in front of your fellow co-workers, or ripping you apart in a private chat. If your management style is one where you like to foster the growth of your team, coach them in private, and generally treat them like human beings, you will not make it here. I was expected to coach the individual or team in a public forum and if it was in private, three people were always in the conversation. This included very minor details in which I was expected to rake the associate over the coals for making said mistake. If I was too soft or tried to be encouraging with my corrections, I was being berated in a separate slack message. Your list of priorities will change daily, if not hourly, making it impossible to accomplish the projects or work that needs to be done. Many people have left companies or positions they held for years because they see the amazing potential this company has. You find out very quickly that sacrifice was a mistake. If this review helps one person not make that mistake, then this was worth it. The owner/CEO is a great salesperson and you will be charmed and sold on how amazing you think the opportunity will be. There is no unlimited PTO. You get 5 days a year where you can turn your phone off. If you are sick, you do not get to rest, you simply can work from home but still be expected to perform just as you would in the office.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

First of all, I appreciate your feedback. Honest, raw, feedback like this helps us shape the company as I (the owner) deeply care about our staff - contrary to what this review states. I realized that employee satisfaction during your employment was very low which, at the end of 2020 and first half of 2021, was a rough patch for our company. This is twofold: 1. We were growing extremely fast and not able to hire fast enough, 2. we were attempting to promote employees into leadership positions too early (just a couple of weeks into their role on the job) and without training, because we were not able to find leadership roles quick enough. At the end of 2020, we had 10 employees. Now, in mid-2021 we have almost 50. I am deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and if I could go back and change it, I definitely would. More than likely if you were talking with me, you were in a leadership role that I promoted too early and didn't offer enough training too. Since your employment, we have hired a Chief Operating Officer to manage the team and help to lead and cultivate their growth and we have also hired a Human Resources Specialist to complete our benefits package we launched too early (wasn't clear on Unlimited PTO and health insurance reimbursement) and to also help to build out training programs and guides for staff. We are a full-on startup and have grown 10x since 2020 in 2021 and are looking for fast-paced individuals who are open and honest with us when they are overworked or need a day off (this is why its unlimited PTO meaning, literally, that there is not a limit on the days you can take off per year). Priorities have to change all the time in a startup that is trying to hire as fast as possible, and feedback like this is only an opportunity as Henry Ford says, "Failure is an opportunity to begin again more intelligently." I am deeply sorry that we failed you, but to the person reading this, please apply for the job and bring up this review with the department head who is hiring you, or the recruiter, and see just how we have taken feedback like this to make this company better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews