Coinmach Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Robert M. Doyle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Installer"

I have been working at Coinmach full-time

Pros

Work is steady, money is on the low side.

Cons

Management need education and experience dealing with recovery junkies in charge smh

Advice to Management

We are in the 21 century, Old school tactics don't work

2. "Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Coinmach (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits fun staff

Cons

Corporate change too fat at the top

Advice to Management

Your people carry the business

3. "Remote Service Technician"

Former Employee - Remote Services Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Remote Services Technician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Coinmach full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nation's Largest Laundry Service Provider

Cons

Tends to terminate employees over budget concerns then claim insubordination or misconduct to avoid paying unemployment. The slander effectively makes working anywhere else in the same industry impossible.

Advice to Management

Communicate with employees your intention to ruin their careers. You might discover that they are actually loyal and would negociate compensation.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician (Hit Squad) in Hammond, LA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician (Hit Squad) in Hammond, LA

Pros

Awesome work environment, working under little to no supervision, good pay, good benefits, great coworkers, corporate employees are very helpful, great training programs

Cons

My supervisors stunted my growth opportunities with the company by not allowing me to go help other regions when requested, I was part of the company's "hit squad ".
    A lot of favoritism in my local office which allowed some employees better treatment than others

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally.

5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

Pros

Steady work, most of the hourly workers are easy to get along with but you have to be very, very careful who you talk to. Everyone has an agenda and it is company culture to step on anyone if it can help you move up.

Cons

Office politics end to create animosity between office staff and hourly union staff. Most people "wear several hats" and in most cases have an understanding of another's job but no practical knowledge or application. Turn over is high, salaries are low and most in upper management are great sales people. They will speak to you and tell you how great a job you're doing but this will not show in your review, if you get one, or your raise, if you get one.

Advice to Management

Spend time evaluating your management and what you are aware really goes on and less time walking around looking to point fingers at everyone.

"I am a current employee and wouldn't recommend this job to anyone at this current time"

Current Employee - Collector in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Collector in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Coinmach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a take-home vehicle depending on what department you work in so although there's 500 plus miles a week you may be driving completing your assignments you are not burning your own gas in your personal vehicle. We are closed for every major holiday every weekend off.

Cons

There is a constant pressure put on technicians and collectors and installers to meet the demand of production the problem is we are very understaffed and this company is very aggressive and have cornered the market for example imagine Walmart buying out Target and Amazon this is exactly what happened in their line of work this industry is predominantly ran by Coinmach now. So every technician and collector's workload has intensified tremendously and for the same amount of pay without having the necessary equipment needed. Also customer relations are very poor when you go to various properties to conduct routine inspections of the equipment oftentimes property managers come to you with a list of complaints claiming that when they call the customer service line they're simply getting the runaround.

Advice to Management

Wages for collectors technicians and installers need to be bumped up buy at least $4 you need to consider the working environment a lot of times we are in laundry rooms and exposed to the elements at high temperatures and very low temperatures during winter months simple things small perks, frequent meetings so everyone can be on one accord with the goals that are set and a fair bonus program.

7. "WORTH IT?"

Current Employee - Office in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Office in Irving, TX

I have been working at Coinmach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, great colleagues, work at your own pace from time to time.

Cons

overtime cut randomly also pay raises not given after annual review. favoritism also shown by upper management.

Advice to Management

keep all employees in the loop of news in regards to pay cuts raises or changes in the office.

8. "Manager"

I worked at Coinmach full-time

Pros

It was a job. Short commute. Company provided lunch to managers. Hands on management. Never a dull moment due to all the failed integrations.

Cons

CEO is a clown. Envision a Little Napoleon. Incompetence and lack of strategic vision perpetuates the entire organization. No career growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Look for real leaders to turn the business around.

"Show me the money"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

- Very supportive work life balance
    - Company vehicle
    - Get to rack up on hotel points
    -Always outside and meeting different people

Cons

Salary didn't even touch what the job entailed. My counterparts at other companies were making 2x as much as me and they got bonuses. Having a huge territory made it hard to hit all accounts.

Advice to Management

Pay market value for your positions. Really look at what the industry is paying and match that. Have managers more involved in the hiring process. Support your managers in the decisions that they make with their team.

10. "Account Manager"

Pros

Easy, decent pay depending on what level you are!

Cons

No Family Oriented, no room for growth!

Advice to Management

N/A