Colangelo & Partners Public Relations Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Gino Colangelo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Coordinator"

Pros

great environment and culture; potential to grow with hard work

Cons

Very little training, constrained by a limited budget

2. "Disrespect and Mismanagement"

Pros

There are opportunities, but you have to work really hard to be taken seriously. The teams are great, and my coworkers were some of the greatest people I've worked with, however upper management can be incredibly disrespectful and treat you like you're a waste of time even if you've been there for years and helped build departments.

Cons

Rampant disrespect from the highest level and lack of organization. Management can be sloppy and appear arbitrary. Upper management is quite out of touch with how some of the departments operate and have very little understanding of what they need and how to improve operations. Most suggestions are never taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they matter, not just the most senior PR account heads. Everyone works hard for you.

"Account Coordinator at Colangelo & Partners Public Relations"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

I had the pleasure to work with a really professional and dynamic team
    They gave me a lot of trust and consequentely many resposibilities.
    I gained professional knowledge working in a great environment.
    Extremely good compensation and perfect balance between life and work.

Cons

The position of the company that it was far away from Queens, where i lived, because it's located in the heart of Manhattan.

"Great company to work for! I definitely recommend working for Colangelo & Partners"

Former Employee - Wine Trade and Marketing Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Wine Trade and Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Dynamic and diverse environment. I loved the experience and you have the opportunity to grow fast and learn crucial skills for you career. All types of extra curricular events (with wine of course) make Colangelo & Partners my best work experience.

Cons

Find the right balance between work and wine

Advice to Management

Keep expanding

"Account Coordinator & Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Colangelo & Partners Public Relations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Your growth only depends on your willingness to work hard and take responsibilities.
    - Company in an expansion phase with interesting growth potential.
    - Flexible and non-bureaucratic organization ready to change for a good business idea.
    - Fair and comprehensive management. Flat structure where you are able to communicate and work hand by hand with the top management from day 1.

Cons

- Limited resources compared to bigger PR/Marketing groups.

Advice to Management

Step up the HR department.

"Disjointed"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Colangelo & Partners Public Relations (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot of responsibility, good work life balance

Cons

No strategy, weak managers, small budgets

"PR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Colangelo & Partners Public Relations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you want to be micro-managed, disrespected, looked down upon, treated like an intern and have all your suggestions for improvements ignored.

I wish I could say there was a pro, it seemed like a fun company to work with during the interview process but on day 1 you could clearly tell it was all a ruse and they really do not care about any of your opinions.

Cons

No training, horrible company culture, micro managed by everyone that has "authority", no collaboration, bare minimum for clients, will lie to you when you tell them your salary requirements and then undercut you when they offer you a position. For a company that has been around for many years, you would think they would have some sort of formal training and standarization but they do not.

Advice to Management

Think hard before hiring anyone new to the team and make sure you are hiring them for their skills and experience as opposed to hiring someone you think will do exactly what you say and keep their head down.

"Intern at Colangelo & Partners Public Relations"

I worked at Colangelo & Partners Public Relations (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Colangelo & Partners Public Relations was for me the fulfillment of a dream. I am Italian and I spent one year and half in New York City and worked as an intern at CPR. It was a great opportunity to work with an international and very professional team. I had the chance to learn a lot about food & wine communications and public relations because they gave me responsability and trust and involved me in many wonderful events and promotion initiatives. Thank you CPR!

Cons

I have nothing negative to highlight, for me it was really a great experience.