Coldwater Creek Sales Lead Reviews | Glassdoor

Coldwater Creek President & CEO Jill Dean
Jill Dean
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great upper management, great customers (in 17 reviews)

• Great company and great people until liquidators took over (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance is an issue, fast paced (in 7 reviews)

• Financial issues meant no raises, no opportunity to advance (in 11 reviews)

"Ok place to work"

I worked at Coldwater Creek full-time

Pros

Great benefits package offered and pretty good pay.

Cons

Had some bad experiences with district manager, and other management within the company. Doesn't quite seem like the company has it together.

2. "Sales Lead"

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Coldwater Creek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had a great store manager and assistant store manager. Enjoyed working with the associates.

Cons

Dis.trict Manager was terrible. Executive Team was floundering.

3. "Love the customers and fello employees...most of the time."

Current Employee - Sales Lead

I have been working at Coldwater Creek part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I at least have a job.

Cons

need to take company back to its roots. Beautiful clothing, high quality. Too many floor sets. Don't appreciate the associates who have to explain the coupons they can't use on top of store specials. They've learned to wait a few weeks and what they want will go to markdown.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees. They can help you fix the problems. Be loyal to the employees you have and make advancement a possibility and not an impossible dream!

"Poorly managed at the top!"

Current Employee - Sales Lead/Sales Associate in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Lead/Sales Associate in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Coldwater Creek part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The women on the floor are amazing. Worked 2 locations and met some of the greatest women! Everyone works hard and they are always willing to help and associate or a customer.

Cons

The company has NO identity. Too old for the 20 and 30 year old crowd and too young for the old ladies. They are marketing to no one. They anounce new design teams or new management and promise big changes. All you get is the same tired shirt or dress in a different color. Quality is gone. They send out catalogs with select pieces being the focus. Rarely are these pieces in the store. Women want to TRY STUFF ON! Especially dresses, which are almost always mail order. Company needs to decide what their identity is. Quit having 90 dollar shirts that are so poorly made we cannot get them on the floor without damaging them. AND the floorsets...I am one of the younger women in our store and I am 54. Those picture frames and large wooden tables have finished me off. Too much heavy labor for women. I know 3 women who have been badly hurt by foolish floorset ideas. I recently gave away most of my Coldwater creek clothes...they just looked ratty. I went to my customer data and in a year I had spent 3000 dollars on their products. I won't make that mistake again. It is sad. They have lost what they used to be.

Advice to Management

Get an identity. Hire out the heavy lifting on floorsets. Quality first.

5. "I learned I loved retail<and the cliental is an older group."

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Destin, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Destin, FL

Pros

Your discount!!! And the products are top notch :)

Cons

Daily drama associated with women .

Advice to Management

Stay there,the advancment is great.

6. "Fast paced fashion"

I have been working at Coldwater Creek part-time

Pros

Team work, fast paced and fun place to work.

Cons

Hard to keep up with sales

Advice to Management

Update register system.....

"No work/life balance, too much micro-managing"

Former Employee - Sales Lead

Pros

There are good health and vacation benefits, great discount on clothes, combined with a nice atmosphere and very nice customers. Great return policy makes the sales staff lives easier, but some customers take way too much advantage of it.

Cons

Too much responsibility and pressure for too little money. Very little advance notice on schedule, which can change in a flash due to "needs of the business." Middle-management micro-manages, upper management dithers, and store manager is an exceptionally good at delegating his/her responsibilities. Too much time giving feedback when we could be using that same time to produce results. How many times a day, really, do you need to know how our day is going?

Advice to Management

Clothing styling is getting better, but quality is not. Customers complaining of pilling after one washing is not going to create loyalty.

"i like the people i work with"

Current Employee - Sales Lead

Pros

good discount, some flexibilty, most customers are nice, vacations easy to arrange, time off granted in emergency. clothing line improving.

Cons

managers have no time management skills, part timers are treated better than full timers. raises are a bit weak. too many changes all at once.

"Long hours, too much to do with too few people, too many promotions/offers/sales/coupons that change too often."

Current Employee - Sales Lead

Pros

Wonderful co-workers and wonderful customers; seeing the smiles on the faces of ladies who feel beautiful is rewarding.
    Good discount on merchandise.
    Decent benefits for a retail job, including medical, dental, and vision.

Cons

Not allowed to have 2 days off in a row except one weekend per month.
    Confusing sales that change too often make it difficult on cashier and customers who receive mutlitple coupons and don't understand why they cannot combine them all.
    Associates at cashwrap hit with more and more difficult ringing instructions causing stresssed out cashiers and aggravated customers; too many co-occurring promotions cause mistakes and long lines at cashwrap. Internet offers often do not match in-store offers.
    Top mgt out of touch with reality in store; piling more and more work on leadership team; holding us accountable for sales goals that are difficult to maintain when customers know that if they hold out long enough, a better sale will come.
    Return policy is too liberal and damages % Trend and conversion; set some fair guidelines but end the 'anything, anytime, for any reason' deal.
    Floor set directives not realistic; too many folded items requiring constant refolding; too many items called for on fixtures making them unshoppable.
    Promotions based on hiearchy and politics rather than experience/ability.
    Company ads often focus on catalog-only items which disappoints customers.

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices and the 'virtual store' and actually execute a floor set in 2 or 3 days, while simultaneously running the store. Actually, physically place all those cc's on a wardrober and see how shoppable it is. Then stay for a week and see how difficult it is to maintain all those stacks while serving customers. Observe how confusing multiple promotions/sales are for both associates and customers. Walk a mile in our shoes...

"it used to be my "Happy Place" to escape too."

Current Employee - Sales Lead

Pros

Great benefits for full-time employees.
    Thankful for a few great coworkers.

Cons

Manager who loves to be in the office instead of being on the sales floor; doesn't know how to give responsibilities to other associates of management; doesn't wear much of the brand.
    Associates are expected to wear the brand but not given much of a discount - it's sad when they give the customer the same discount as employee.

Advice to Management

Come and spend time being an associate on the sales floor and really experience what we are up against. Don't go to the stores that are doing well, come to the ones that need your attention! Come with an open mind and unannounced so that people cannot prepare for you. Then you will see what really goes on.