Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Agent in Forney, TX
    Current Employee - Agent in Forney, TX

I have been working at Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid training, wonderful owner, excellent manager, technologically superior website. You cannot find a better brokerage. If you want the best of everything work here.

Cons

None. Best real estate company out there. Don't know why they make you write twenty words when 10 will do.

Advice to Management

Manager knows her business. No advice from me

2. "Two Thumbs Up"

I have been working at Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors full-time

Pros

Lori is the best and cares about her agents

Cons

Office manager never present

3. "Realtor"

Current Employee - Realtor in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful Company, great support and training

Cons

No cons for this company

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

4. "Realtor"

Current Employee - Realtor in McKinney, TX

Pros

Tons of resources and tools

Cons

Easy to get lost in the crowd.

Advice to Management

More personal interaction with new agents or struggling agents.

"Agent Services Coordinator/Office Administrator"

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Plano, TX

I worked at Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coldwell Banker Apex, Realtors is a wonderful, independently owned franchise of the globally recognized brand, Coldwell Banker. The broker, Lori Arnold is very knowledgeable about the industry. Lori is very involved in the day-to-day occurrences within the company. Not only is she readily available to the agents and managers through text/call, she provides education opportunities to agents on a regular basis, a much cheaper option for MCE/CE. Lori truly believes in encouraging all agents to reach their greatest potential and attain personal goals. Corporate staff is extremely friendly and communicate very well. I was based out of the Plano Branch. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in this office. I have never been around such warm, welcoming, and driven entrepreneurial spirits. The attitude in the environment is positive, not only because of the agents but because of the manager, Glynn.

Cons

During my time at CBApex as an OA/ASC, I would've liked to receive more training on systems and technology offered to agents. Through curiosity, I taught myself how to utilize many of the agent systems. (This has remedied as there is now an Education Director, who arranges training for all agents as well as OAs). There is not potential for upward movement within the company - which is not necessarily due to the company itself, more as, the limited positions (OA, Manager, Corporate Staff) within this type of organization. Also, the job that I initially signed on for, morphed over time to include additional responsibilities and tasks that did not reflect the compensation. Other members of the staff in various positions communicated this as well.

The franchise CBApex is not as established as some of the other local brands (Re/Max, KW, and etc), however Coldwell Banker is a well known real estate brand.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, consider Reimbursement for OAs/Staff that take Real Estate related courses.

6. "banker"

Current Employee - Banker in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Banker in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Good job. Good place to work. No complaints.

Cons

No cons to working there so far

Advice to Management

No advice to management so far.

7. "I worked as a Sales Associate for 11 years,Coldwell Banker in NJ. Loved it !"

Former Employee - Presently, Medical Tech/Administrative in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Presently, Medical Tech/Administrative in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors (More than 10 years)

Pros

CB is a great company to work for with good Management. I would like to work for CB again.

Cons

I need a weekly/biweekly paycheck and I know becoming as Associate again will not allow that.

Advice to Management

I hope you will contact me with information about who you are looking for and what type of position is open.

8. "Great Company Gives You the Tools to Succeed"

Former Employee - Realtor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Realtor in Boston, MA

I worked at Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They train you well and give you the tools you need to be a top real estate agent

Cons

The stress of the job is often difficult to handle

Advice to Management

Give more frequent feedback

9. "Low end Real Estate Company with Low End properties and Low End Agents"

I worked at Coldwell Banker Apex Realtors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any pros, this is a backwards hillbilly operation with a very country hillbilly owner who tries very hard to pretend she is Ebby Halliday but she is definitely no Ebby.

Cons

This place lacks class, integrity, intelligence and charm. The realtors are tacky, used car salesman elderly grouch old men and women. They deal with a lot of HUD and foreclosures and are very shady to say the least. Lori Arnold the owner needs to quit letting her 22 year old smart alleck son and his friends run things and hang out at the office. There are so many other choices. I would be very careful about giving any personal info to anyone at Coldwell Banker Apex! They give the REAL Coldwell Banker a very bad name! They are not honest with their agents!

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to be something you are not. You don't pay your staff anything so quit expecting miracles! When you pay your OA's and Management $12 an hour how can you possibly expect educated, classy people to work for you! The office staff is covered in tatoos and smell of cigarettes and chomp gum! Just a gross place!

10. "very good."

Current Employee - Realtor in Rockwall, TX
    Current Employee - Realtor in Rockwall, TX

Pros

Great traings, good tech support, Lori Arnold cares about her folks and is very involved.

Cons

High office fees and the bonus commission rate is the same as normal commission rate (most companies give 90-95% on bonuses)

Advice to Management

Change the bonus rate to minimum 90%. it's a relatively small change, but psychologically it would mean a great deal.