Coldwell Banker Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Coldwell Banker President and Chief Executive Officer Budge Huskey
Budge Huskey

Pros
Cons
  • Franchise fee of 6% along with either a 80/20 or 70/30 commission split (in 30 reviews)

• No cons except for the fact that its commission (in 16 reviews)

1. "The finest real estate company in the industry."

Current Employee - Previews Property Specialist in Southampton, NY

Pros

Worldwide name brand recognition.Previews International allows me to sell any place in the world.CBNET has tools that I utilize every day.Very good national advertising campaign.Fantastic owner/broker always available for all my needs.

Cons

I have not found any as of right now.I started working for Coldwell Banker Feb.14,2007.Ended up as Rookie agent of the Year in the Southampton office for 2007!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great level of support.Weekly sales meetings are very helpful and informative.

2. "I love Coldwell Banker!"

Current Employee - Franchisee
    Current Employee - Franchisee

Pros

Coldwell Banker offers more opportunitites for brokers/'agents to grow their business with the latest tools and technology. They have exceeded my expectations every year since joining them in 1994. They have lead me to grow my business and offer me things that as an independent broker, I coudl never do. When compared to other franchises, I believe they offer better marketing, tools and technology for both the broker and the agent. This results in higher productivity for my sales staff which means more sales and more revenue for my agents. I could nto ask for more from my franchise and am proud to be with Coldwell Banker

Cons

I truly don't have any that are of consequence.

Advice to Management

Keep listening. You do a great job of listening to your franchisees and supporting them. Keep it up.

3. "Come work at Coldwell Banker, you're gonna love it!"

Current Employee - Realtor in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Realtor in Boynton Beach, FL

Pros

Coldwell Banker is a large company,with huge recognition worldwide. This is a great place for a realtor to start out their career and grow. They provide the tools, technology, education and support that a new agent needs to suceed. and it seems that an environment of cooporation is also encouraged, other agents in the office and locally are extremely supportive and helpful. We are given plenty of oppurtunity time to grow our business, small office fees and unlimited access to management for guidance and advice. The vast knowledge base of real estate practices, both new and old in our company is invaluable for success in today's difficult market!

Cons

Working at Coldwell Banker has few downsides, mostly having to do with initial commission splits and lack of affordable healthcare benefits. As such a large company, it would be logical to think that a good basic healthcare plan would be much more affordable, but is not. As a transplant from the automotive business, working for one of the largest autogroups in the world, this is the biggest ouch about working in real estate.
     Commission splits for a new agent are always painful and in the current slow market it is much tougher to accelerate to the next level. I have heard senior agents with issues about the hefty splits as well, but considering the excess of educational, technological, and just plain knowledge resources available to me, I feel it is worth the wait to grow into larger commissions.

Advice to Management

Senior management has been extremely proactive in anticipation of our market environment, I want to know where they are keeping the crystal ball! They have ramped up training in areas we need refreshers well in advance of market swings in those directions, and keep us up to date on the latest trends and tools. They provide extra course work at our education centers to fill in the blanks on new developments in the industry, and always are sending us guest speakers for motivation and new technologies. Keep it up I say!

5. "What's in a name?"

Current Employee - Realtor in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Realtor in Charleston, SC

Pros

Coldwell Banker United Realtors in Charleston has three offices in all major selling areas, including Mt Pleasant, West Ashley and Summerville. Working from any of the offices at any time allows you to meet clients in a professional atmosphere wherever they are interested in looking for real estate. The network of support and agents locally and across the country is untouchable. Just the Coldwell Banker name opens doors for new opportunity that may not have been there before. And, as a Previews office (for luxury property), the leads and support for marketing are wonderful.

Cons

As with any business where you are self employed, you are responsible for insurance and must be able to maintain an income stream in order to remain in the business as there is no salary in real estate sales. On a positive note, Coldwell Banker does offer a group health insurance program which is a good option for many. You must be diligent, strategic and persistant to make being a Realtor profitable for the long haul. There is a lot of pressure, especially during these hard economic times, to listen to buyers and sellers and to discuss all options carefully and thoroughly. In the end, your client's experience with you and Coldwell Banker is what matters most.

Advice to Management

It is always important to be able to flex and bend as the local market flexes and bends and as your agents continue to push forward day after day. Coldwell Banker United has done a wonderful job of entering the Charleston marketplace and we are looking forward to seeing the company grow over the coming years. Now that I have had a taste of such an honorable and knowledgeable franchise, I would not consider going anywhere else!

6. "The very best the Hampton's has to offer,buyers,sellers or investors for your real estate tranactions."

Current Employee - Previews Property Specialist in Southampton, NY

Pros

Fantastic Owner/Broker.Always available to consult.Helps to solve problems,willing to give me options on how to close a deal,or obtain an exclusive listing.Always has an answer for all my questions.

Cons

There are some lazy people who work there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.Weekly sales meetings are very informative.

7. "Coldwell Banker is a great place to work for ambitious, hard-working real estate brokers."

Current Employee - Broker Associate in Buena Vista, CO
    Current Employee - Broker Associate in Buena Vista, CO

Pros

As a realtor, having a national network as well as a nationally recognized name behind you is an enormous advantage. CB provides a huge network for not only advertising your listings, but the education and marketing support is amazing. I may be an independent broker, but I have a huge support staff I can call on at any time.

Cons

I hate their advertising campaign right now, but I'm sure it will change.

Advice to Management

Make our advertising reflect the brokers who work for you - positive, active, knowledgeable and up-to-date on all the latest trends and needs of this challenging market.

8. "Great Job!"

Current Employee - Affiliate in Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Affiliate in Traverse City, MI

Pros

Our association with Coldwell Banker has truly been a blessing as they are company that respects the associates and is a consumer based company with the main focus of helping families with the American dream.

Cons

none, none, none, none, none, none.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Communication"

Current Employee - Realor in Dixon, CA
    Current Employee - Realor in Dixon, CA

Pros

Large Corporation that can protect the agent from the legal world....

Cons

obtaining signatures from upper management in timely manner.

Advice to Management

Let the agents have access to the legal dept, rather than going through the manager.

10. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Broker in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Broker in Raleigh, NC

Pros

I enjoy the office camaraderie. The Broker-In-Charge and experienced agents are always helpful. Your potential income is unlimited.

Cons

None that I have noticed.

Advice to Management

Please continue to work in the present and prepare for the future.

11. "What I Love about Coldwell Banker."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Rochester, MN

Pros

There is no other Real Estate Company that I would rather be associated with. Coldwell Banker has a superior reputation and has been around for more than 100 years. I have had several invitations by many of our competitors but wild horses could not drag me away from Coldwell Banker. I believe that "you can not get better than the best". Coldwell Banker is simply the best!!!! This company has amazing leadership, from my experiences leadership is everything. I find it very satisfying to be appreciated and respected and it is never anything but that at Coldwell Banker. The company is all about paying attention to detail and always being cutting edge. The tools provided to me as an agent are fantastic! The support that is available to me is over the top. Our national advertising campaign does a nice job of speaking to just how prominent this company is. Even in this very challenging housing market, I continue to believe strongly in my profession. Thank you Coldwell Banker!!!!!

Cons

I can not think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!