Cole's Quality Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "help production"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Liberty, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Liberty, IA

I worked at Cole's Quality Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was working on weekend shift (12 h*3)with 36 hours,but I was paid for 40 hours week.

Cons

Since I took a test for maintenance on June 2016,I haven't known my score .

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Redundant"

I have been working at Cole's Quality Foods part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is very good for the work that is done. People have worked harder jobs for less pay. If you wok at coles in the summer you don't have to pay to go to a gym; the air units break down a lot. So you get paid to work in over 100*, you will loss weight.

Cons

Weak Union (seems they only fight for issues that affect the stewards). They don't look out for everyone there. Anything that you are told you should get in writing. Lack of trust between the hourly and salary. Lack of trust between hourly and union.

Advice to Management

When someone comes to you about issues or complaints; maybe you should listen to the issues. And there seems to be a lot of retaliation towards staff there.

3. "unorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muskegon, MI

Pros

A union company, (not a very strong union) lots of overtime and hours.

Cons

Supervisors are terrible and don't know what they are doing , very unorganized. Not enough overhead to less of people wearing to many hats, which creates mad confusion on the floor for employees. Lots of Temps that are trained in more areas than employees which makes you question company loyalty. Very unsafe working environments can cause someone to get critically injured causing the company lots of money. All companies have a supervisor with bad interpersonal skills(tim) . The company had brought in a new supervisor while I was there , I'm sure he had no interest in learning anything he was just happy to wear a title.

Advice to Management

Conversation is important , communication is important , maybe even team meetings before the shift start will cut down on all the confusion and wasted bread. A title is just that , a title but make sure it represents you and your company. Don't take being a supervisor so seriously that you feel you can be little or talk down to people. Wayne is coles most humblest supervisor and he knows what he's doing. He walks in good character and integrity..

4. "Okay company to work for"

Pros

They offer comp time to supervisors. But the base hours are based on a 48 hour work week. Seemingly family oriented company.

Cons

Disorganized, lack of structure, behind the times as far as inventory management, safety prevention, and process controls.

5. "I have no complaints, i work with good people, and i enjoy my job."

Current Employee - Production in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Production in Muskegon, MI

Pros

The best reasons to work for Cole's hmmm, first of all is gunna have to be the pay, I can make a good living off from it. The bennifits are'nt to bad, they have a retirement plan, 401K. the last thing would have to be the people, they make your day go by faster.

Cons

The health insurance is'nt very good, and sometimes the hours can get long. Some people don't get to see their family much in the winter mounths, we get real busy that time of year.

6. "Local Food producer is mold filled and dirty."

Former Employee - Maintenance in North Liberty, IA
    Former Employee - Maintenance in North Liberty, IA

Pros

North Liberty plant is a good location and a small plant. You get to know everyone that works there.

Cons

There is little communications between management and workers. People were not notified of insurance sign up meetings, which if they missed they would not have insurance. Quality is poor. Packaging machinary is dirty and moldy. There are bread sticks from the day before laying in the bottom of the bagger and was covered with black mold which smelled. When this was brought to managements attention, they said" don't worry about it and just run. We will clean it later"

Advice to Management

Be more respectful of your work force. Be more caring about the quality of the product you produce.

7. "Great Place"

Pros

You get benefits on weekends, staff great to work with, a good workers union with benefits for not onl the employer but for the whole family.

Cons

A lot of the work is tedious and mundane. It's not very challenging at all and it very simple. It's not the kind of work everyone would want.

Advice to Management

The leadership at coles is great, the managers know what they're doing and do their best to stick by the rules and be good to all employees.