Coleman Research Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Coleman Research CEO Kevin Coleman
Kevin Coleman
Pros
Cons
  • "Middle management needs more training and upper management doesn't seem to have a clear vision(in 13 reviews)

• "Work/life balance depends on the team you are on(in 5 reviews)

1. Great Company!

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is really very friendly. The culture committee works hard to make sure we have fun events going on. You learn something new every day here and it makes coming to work interesting.

Cons

It isn't really a con, but depending on the job you're looking for it could be considered one. You are constantly learning new things so don't expect to become a pro immediately. You have to work and ask questions every single day. I personally love this because it keeps me on my toes, but I know it isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff. I can tell that people care and I feel like I can be heard - which I really appreciate!

2. A good first job but that's about it

Former Employee - Client Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Coleman Research full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

It really builds on fundamental skills that all jobs require like working on multiple priority tasks at once, being able to adapt to constant change and prioritize correctly and working within a team setting. It'd be a great first job out of college because you're exposed to a lot of different industries which is interesting to learn about. You also get to talk with some pretty high up experts in their industries.

Cons

The team you're put on will make or break your experience. I heard some horror stories of other managers and think some shouldn't be managers. You'll get very frustrated depending on the client your team works with. They have a major culture issue in that they don't know what it is but they're working on defining it. Very much under the mind set that you have to be in the office to be doing productive work. Really not...

Advice to Management

Keep working on the culture, the clients can treat Coleman employees poorly so the company needs to counter balance that with some kick a** culture.

3. Good Entry-Level Position

I worked at Coleman Research full-time

Pros

Good way to get post-college work experience with exposure to a variety of different industries.

Cons

None to report at this time.

• Great First Job

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Commision, Great Work Environment, Nice People

Cons

Not much upward mobility after a few years

Advice to Management

Invest in good people and mitigate turnover

• Going Places

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Senior Management genuinely cares about staff. Good training program. Vibrant culture and great benefits.

Cons

Younger workforce creates some management challenges but lots of things being done to address these issues.

• Senior Associate

I worked at Coleman Research full-time

Pros

This is a good place to work straight out of college to gain experience and build up basic skills (communication, time management, etc.) Good work life balance. You sometimes will have to work after hours but for the most part your work doesn't go outside of the office. The people make this place an enjoyable work environment. Perks are decent and if you put in the work you can make some good commission.

Cons

The job is very repetitive. You will be doing the same thing everyday for 8 hours and sometimes it feels like a heads down culture. You will get bored and aggravated. Middle management needs more training and upper management doesn't seem to have a clear vision. They say they are all about their people, but I never bought into that philosophy.

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower employees. Sometimes you need to accept the fact that an account isn't as productive or valuable anymore. If you want to retain your employees, give them more career opportunities. Not everyone wants to be a manager but there is no where else for them to go.

• Interesting experience, but no clear direction

I worked at Coleman Research full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Interactive work force with lots of fresh graduates. Daily tasks were clear and repeitive

Cons

High turnover rates and poorly trained upper managers. Low morale

Advice to Management

CEO should be more involved at every level

• Amazing Post-Grad Job!

Current Employee - Client Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Coleman Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The ability to engage with high level executives at a variety of different companies one-on-one over the phone, via email, & in-person. - Gaining in-depth knowledge of what's going on currently at hedge funds, asset management firms, consulting firms, etc. from working with analysts/consultants on their research projects. -Company culture is great! Not everyone has the same background in finance/business,...

Cons

-Very competitive since competing with other expert network firms, so you need to work quickly. -Juggling lots of projects at once, so you need to have great time management skills. -Involves a lot of outreach, so you need to have good people skills.

• Client Analyst

Current Employee - Client Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Coleman Research for more than a year

Pros

Cooperative environment, hardworking teammates, awesome corporate culture, and you learn a lot on the job.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

• A good start in the white collar workforce.

Current Employee - Client Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Coleman Research for more than a year

Pros

It is good experience straight out of college.

Cons

Becomes repetitive after one year.

Found 118 reviews