Colfax Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

1.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steven E. Simms

"CFH has vision and high standards placing employees, customers, and doing the right thing all of the time at the top."

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Colfax full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People and customer focused. Values integrity by doing the right thing all of the time.

Cons

International company which depending on your position can require lots of travel.

2. "Continual growth through sustainable practices."

I worked at Colfax full-time

Pros

Colfax provides a great opportunity for everyone to become involved in continual improvement efforts. Six Sigma concepts are used with great regularity. The skills become second nature, imbedded in how work is approached.

Cons

It's a large corporation, which brings many perks, but it can also displace and absorb smaller business at great cost to the individuals and the cultures these individuals create to attract the corporation.

Advice to Management

Consider the sustainability of business you are purchasing, not only within your corporate structure, but also within the community you affect by your purchase. Your corporate responsibility must be extended to these stakeholders.

3. "General Manager"

I worked at Colfax full-time

Pros

Very well managed company with institutionalized focus on process improvement and application of best practices. Financially disciplined and efficiently operated. Strategically focused; strong and astute M&A activity.

Cons

Can be slow to innovate; limited investment in new product development.

Advice to Management

The team is solid and the formula works -- keep doing what you're doing.

4. "Vice President"

I have been working at Colfax full-time

Pros

Decent Vision, Global footprint, good opportunity for growth

Cons

Disengaged management team, "work hard for me" type leadership

5. "Intern"

Pros

Good pay for an intern

Cons

The company generally doesn't pay it's employees the market average.

6. "It's OK. A typical B2B firm."

Pros

For the most part, people at Colfax are decent hard working individuals who genuinely care about doing a good job.

Cons

There is a clash of cultures with the old guard and new guard coming in. The new guard believes that anyone who doesn't have a Danaher background or Northwestern MBA isn't worth anything. If you have those two things, you'll be welcomed otherwise you're on the outside.

Advice to Management

The values posted are phony and I didn't see the follow through that you would expect from something described as 'so important'.

7. "N/A"

I have been working at Colfax full-time

Pros

Health benefits. 401K average.

Cons

Creating change and thus instability has become part of core values.

Advice to Management

Values cannot be handed down on a printed sheet. The leadership needs to put in some extra effort.
    Take some time to introspect and understand the difference between leadership and management.

8. "Making quarterly numbers is all that matters."

I worked at Colfax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is very profitable. Colfax has great employees at all levels. Many of them have been in their jobs for a long time. The products are very good because operators take pride in what they are doing. Very safe work environment. Excellent Lean Manufacturing.

Cons

High stress jobs. Lots of pressure to exceed Wall Street expectations. Top management has high salaries, bonus and stock while the remaining employees get very little. Raises are very low, and benefits are marginal for such a profitable company. Promotions are not given. All opportunities are given to outsiders. You can not move up.

Advice to Management

The company lacks vision. You are focusing to short sighted. Look past the next quarter to long-term goals and objectives.

9. "Talk of employees being important- NOT"

Current Employee - Upper Level Technical
    Current Employee - Upper Level Technical

I have been working at Colfax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many, your very average job. Local people (besides managers) i work with are the best!

Cons

I’ve heard lots of talk from executives and managers for the last couple years.
    BIG talk of advancement opportunities & how employees are the biggest asset but I’ve been treated much better by 98% of my previous employers. I’ve been promoted recognized and rewarded by 98% of every smaller company I’ve worked for for more than 25+ years, not here. They really are just a huge company purely out for profit. Advancement is nearly impossible because you only get promoted if you talk the talk and can impress the BIG visitor when introduced. Many people are scared for their jobs so if you do a good job your supervisor either takes credit or is to afraid to tell the big boss someone under him did something great. Have proven they don’t care for people by lying and cheating whenever they can get away with it. Can’t take a day off without pay to spend time with my family even when work is slow because corporate still has to pay my benefits for that day!!! Even when I worked 30 hours overtime the week before to “Help out”..
    Profits are up because we are paying 20% more for medical than last year, do the math, we each pay 100-300 more a month, instant profits…. Taking the next job I find.

Advice to Management

Upper management- Stop lying.
    Maybe allow employees rate their managers/company anonymously.
    But then again, they dont listen so why?

10. "Not as great as I hoped"

I worked at Colfax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really want to try to be a bigger company. Benefits were good.

Cons

Work hours are in excess of anywhere else I worked. 10 hour days seemed very much the norm.