- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 10 years)
Company has a family-feel despite being a very large/global organization. People tend to stay for 20+ years because of career growth opportunities, company culture (friendly/collaborative), and overall innovation and success of the company. Very innovative and supportive workplace.
A bit of favoritism at time to time but you likely get that in any company.
Collaborative environment. Very focused on development
Busy -- everyone has a lot of different meetings and assignments
I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 8 years)
Pay and benefits are excellent. Your coworkers are also above and beyond ecellent.
This company is completely run by management without a thought to non-management. Morale is ALWAYS low among hourly employees.
Advice to Management
The people were extremely nice. As a co-op, within the first few weeks, my work was going to be worth something.
Some of the employees in the labs have been there for a long time and are a lot older. They seemed to be having a hard time accepting that younger people are becoming in-charge of them. This was expressed to me verbally by one individual.
Great opportunity to involve in the consumer goods product develop process.
I would say Colgate is one of the best company I know.
I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 5 years)
Best place I've worked at, great people, great corporate policies.
Can be slow moving for a fast moving consumer goods company. Experience can vary widely depending on country management style.
Advice to Management
While it's a great company to work and develop in due to it's stellar corporate culture, the world is fast changing. Companies that are bold enough to experiment with policies like Google's 20% Time or Unlimited Vacation days are becoming more and more attractive to the millennials.
- Was given actual projects from the team that were important for me to complete for the sake of the site/company. Once I started getting over the learning curve, I was able to contribute ideas and opinions on projects, and I felt like a team player because people listened and used or debated over what I said.
- Don't except to find resources very easily. The projects are there, but the ones I were given were only in idea form and hadn't been started by anyone yet, and was only given a little information about who I can talk to to start it
- Opportunity to meet directors and VPs in the company
- Great company culture that definitely keeps in line with "Colgate cares"
- In general, open minded people if you aren't very pushy and listen
- Interns are treated as regular employees
- If only assigned a manager and you never get to see him/her, can make the internship very difficult due to lack of feedback, general guidance, him/her knowing what you're doing
- I was given many major projects that I was expected to complete by the end of my internship. Would be better to have been given only 2 or 3 to focus on
Great Culture, good work and life balance
have the opportunity to make an impact instead of only doing some administrative works
internship often does not lead to full time position
the best place to work!!
nothing to complain excellent company
I worked at Colgate-Palmolive part-time (More than a year)
The environment was great and the people were very friendly. I was given a lot of responsibility as a co-op student. The projects were very fun and I learned a ton about working on a bench
They hire a lot of PhD's in the area I was at so they did not hire many of their interns or Co-op students
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?