Colgate-Palmolive Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Customer Development Intern"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great group of people to work worth! Everyone is very passionate about what they do and they are more than willing to help.

Cons

Onboarding was not very organized. You have to be responsible to ask questions and get up to speed.

2. "Customer development"

Current Employee - Customer Development in Guaynabo, PR
    Current Employee - Customer Development in Guaynabo, PR

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Formal and respectful environment. Experienced personnel with group help mindset in order to develop business. Financially driven company with strict attention to detail in this area.

Cons

Extensive process for different areas of the business that may delay decision making process. Base of the region in Dominican Republic, chances of growth will most probably take you there first.

3. "One of the best Jobs I ever had loved it."

Former Employee - Firewatch
    Former Employee - Firewatch

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I Love working with people that are very nice and friendly and it's a very big place with a lot of work and I'd rather stay busy. It was a Awsome job. There's not anything that I can't do if I set my mind to it. I hated leaving that job. Because when u have a job u enjoy doing it makes it worth getting up for.

Cons

Well there's a lot of different jobs and it gave me the chance to learn a lot about construction I would have never thought I would have liked it. But I did learning how to do jsa sheets and hot permit and learning about welding and what u should do if there was a fire. And when your waiting on your welder u want to stay busy and in construction there's always something ghat needs to be done so I would sweep keep my area clean as possible make sure all my welders were signed on my hot sheet and if they were through make sure they sign off and keeping everything my workers needed. Working in freezing cold with no heat didn't bother me at all I stayed busy and kept my mind on my job and u don't have time to think about ghetto cold. I Loved working at colgate.

4. "One of the best places to work"

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Focused, Experts, Leader, FMCG, Heritage

Cons

Risk Averse, Flat heirarchy, Multitasking,

5. "Global CPG"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global Efficient Growth-focus Diverse well-managed financially (consistent dividend)

Cons

Lack of investment in new areas of consumer marketing

6. "Engineer"

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time

Pros

Good work life balance, half day Fridays in the summer time, additional time off up to 5 days if you pay for it, excellent benefits

Cons

Not a good place for young people to work.

"Excellent financial standing, needs change in organizational mindset"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, financially stable organization due to nature of product line.

Cons

Very hesitant (to completely resistant) to benchmark with industry, general opinion is that management positions are filled by "time in" rather than expertise. Progress/change is an illusion presented to management rather than actual/meaningful progress.

Advice to Management

Reduce time spent on "corp-speak" and presenting an illusion of progress ("efficiency," "innovation") and more time on tangible goals, efforts, and strategies that can be more clearly understood, followed, and measured within the organization. Hill's is a sub, so I'm not so sure of their level of influence at the corp level, but they understand their risks and take meaningful action to improve their ops.

8. "Legal"

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits is about the best I can say

Cons

There's a reason why so many people have leaving and are continuing to leave the Legal department - it's the leadership - the GC leads with fear and intimidation, she acts 'above' the lawyers who support the business and brow beats all staff for the smallest things, wastes time by having 5,6,7 and 8 lawyers on a call to discuss and decide a minor issue - she does not give any authority to those who had plenty of it for years with previous GC. And her direct reports are now just mini versions of her - pushing people to do more work for less reward and no, I repeat no, praise or acknowledgement of hard work and good results. If you are thinking of joining Colgate's legal team - DON'T - run in the other direction fast.

Advice to Management

You have to see that the new GC is destroying the Legal department and you have lost and are continuing to lose really talented people because of her lack of vision and leadership. And don't continue to allow promotion of her direct reports - the lawyers below them do ALL the work and get none of the recognition or reward. Disappointing to see how fast Colgate is falling apart - used to be a great place to work but now it's just brow beating, laying more and more people off and expecting those that are still there to carry the load of 2 or even 3 people.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good employment stability

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

Better motivation

"Solid Company. Quite Conservative but Caring"

I have been working at Colgate-Palmolive full-time

Pros

Very ethical company where many managers appear to genuinely care. Generally stable and extremely global and diverse environment. Relationship driven.

Cons

Extraordinarily conservative with lots of process. When things get tough, people quickly turn to finger pointing.

Advice to Management

Work to minimize the culture of flagellating every misstep and allow lower levels to take calculated risks