Collabera Reviews in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hiten Patel

Pros
Cons
  • Some work life balance you ll miss (in 26 reviews)

• Long working hours sometimes gets into the head in balancing work and personal life (in 25 reviews)

1. "Technical Lead"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Collabera full-time

Pros

They are working with big clients. So if we are out of project they have open positions with some other client.

Cons

HealthCare benefits provided by Collabera is very expensive. The plan itself they are offering from Cigna is worst plan. For family they are charging around $1100 per month with $5000 Deductible. The worst part is the plan starts paying you back only after meeting the deductible and that too after deductible was met we have to pay 20% coinsurance.

Advice to Management

Please look into Health Care Benefits the company is offering. During recruitment HR people say they are offering HealthCare Benefits but which are very expensive.

Oct 4, 2016 – Customer Service

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear you've found strong opportunities through your work with us. We also hear your concerns on the health benefits, and we'll take your ... More

"Recruiter/Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager/Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Collabera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to do nothing at work, if that is what you're into.

Cons

The culture at Collabera is destructive. Within the US, they hire and take advantage of new graduates. They pay you the bare minimum you need to live off of, which is often not enough to cover rent in the cities they have offices located in. During the work-day, you are on the phone the entire day cold-calling. You are being deceptive and tricking candidates into sending their resumes with references. In my entire time at the company, not one of my candidates received an interview. You might think this is due to my experience but I think it is due to the fact that by the time we receive job requirements from clients, they have already been worked by other, quality staffing firms. All good candidates have been sent over by them. If you are having a bad day, no worries, you can just sit at your desk doing nothing. There is no motivation do anything because after all, the odds of your candidate getting an interview are so slim, so why bother even finding candidates? Furthermore, it is so easy to fabricate the metrics that they track that many employees do so. They lie about the number of calls they make, the number of meetings they went on, etc. After work is when the fun really begins! Happy hours on happy hours on happy hours, all paid for by the company. This might some like a pro to some of you - getting drunk on someone else's dime, but as a professional trying to establish him/herself in the workplace, this is unacceptable behavior. I had coworkers get so drunk at company happy hours that they were unable to drive home and slept overnight in the office to ensure they were on-time to work the next day. That is embarrassing.

Also the company encourages sexism and racism. If you found a candidate, you were encouraged to find their Facebook to make sure they looked "normal" and were white. If you couldn't find any social media accounts, you were encouraged to set up a time to Skype them so you could see them. This is ILLEGAL!!!!! Not only is it illegal, it is just morally WRONG. As an employee, you were also encouraged to dress to the extremes. The dress code is business professional. This means a suit every day. They also require girls wear HEELS and they would prefer if you showed extra cleavage.

I hope that this review is noticed by at least one person and allows them to reconsider. There are other jobs out there and they are worth waiting for. Just because this is the first job offer you received does not mean you should take it. Collabera's turnover is extremely high so the odds of you lasting more than a couple months is slim, so keep looking for something more permanent from the start. They also try and win you over by saying you will get a promotion in the first six months of employment. This is not true. Even if you are given a promotion, it does not come with a raise.

Advice to Management

Realize what is happening in your offices and to an overhaul.

"Associate Relations Poor"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Collabera (More than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros for this company

Cons

They are no proactive at seeking a new assignment when an end date for a contractor has been established.

5. "Contractor with little contact with the company"

Current Contractor - Data Entry Operator in Monroe, NC
    Current Contractor - Data Entry Operator in Monroe, NC

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My contract keeps getting renewed and I am excelling at the job duties given me.

Cons

Communication and their inability to reach out and ask how I'm doing.

Advice to Management

Reach out connect with me. Respond to my requests, do not leave me hanging.

6. "Customer Service Rep- Benefits"

Current Contractor - Human Resources Specialist in Davidson, NC
    Current Contractor - Human Resources Specialist in Davidson, NC

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly recruiters. Pretty much the entire collabera team helps you with any issues you are having.

Cons

They underpay you in my opinion No PTO, Medical benefits are really expensive.

Advice to Management

Compensate your good contractors well

7. "Good company"

Current Employee - Configuration Manager in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Configuration Manager in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Collabera (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful if you have any issues or questions

Cons

Pass pay cuts onto employees if company that you are on a contract with makes adjustments

Nov 30, 2015 – Customer Service

Sounds like you're off to a great start with us -- it's great to hear you're happy working with us, and we do appreciate the kind words! Keep the questions and feedback coming -- we want you to keep ... More

8. "Company with heart"

Current Contractor - Instructional Designer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Contractor - Instructional Designer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I thought the recruiter was aggressive pursuing my candidacy since I tried to discourage him, due to the known impossible nature of his client. His ardent efforts paid off. Such began what turned into a consistent respect for the hard working folks who represent me to their clients. It truly appears they have the candidate's interests at heart, and earnestly work at maintaining a delicate balance between making the client happy, as well as the candidate. It's not a perfect world, and walking that tightrope requires that finesse that makes up that long pole that real tightrope walkers use for balance. That's refreshing for those of us who need the safety net or cushion when the client isn't necessarily "always right." Such was my witness. From the start of the background check, and the filling out of what seems an inordinate amount of senseless paperwork, to the actual placement at the physical location....every person in each of those phases was diligent in being sure "all was accomplished according to Hoyle." There was a real sense of comfort in that -- knowing someone else was at the helm.

But what impressed me the most, and still does, is the care and concern of their Relationship Manager -- the fellow who walks that tightrope. He listens. Smoothing the bumps and hick-ups that naturally occur in any work environment is no treat when you mix emotions and someone's pay check, or more important -- their reputation. Collabera does this well....Well, let me rephrase: A fellow named JP did it well. I suspect others at Collabera are of the same mindset.

I mention this as more important because I have been a Contractor for 10 years, and sadly have seen it all...so I think. Contract firms are all different. Most look out for the client. Somehow the EE (employee) ends up "the resource." And it's a dialing-for-dollars game. But that was not the impression I got with Collabera. They had more respect for the EE than many "middle road" contract firms. Some of the small boutique firms also have this "high touch" approach -- but for a company the size of Collabera it's rare.

Kudos, hats-off, and bravo.
    Bravo.

Cons

None at this juncture. Hang on, you'll go for a nice ride with Collabera. If you treat them with equal respect, it will go a long way.

Advice to Management

Keep whatever your corporate business model is -- it seems to be working quite well.
    Model the behaviors of your "best of breed" and spread that throughout. I believe that to be your differentiator.
    Tell all of your hard working 'number chasers' (all EEs) to relax and have a good time at work. They work so hard and it does come across as such in their dealings....but we (candidates) I believe are accustomed to a more relaxed approach. The Collabera employees are SO polite (that's great) but if they think of us (candidates) as their neighbor, maybe that would help with just easing us (and them) into the transition of placement. I hope you pay them well.

Jul 8, 2015 – Customer Service

We are very flattered by your kind words about Collabera. We aim to ensure that each and everyone is more than satisfied and your favorable review lets us know that we are doing our jobs right ... More

"Database Developer"

Former Employee - Database Developer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Database Developer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

good company, decent pay, decent benefits

Cons

No promotions. Low number of vacation days

Advice to Management

your assests are the consultants so you should take care of their needs better