Collabera Reviews in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

Redmond, WA

3.2
Hiten Patel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work life balance is great, they understand you have a life outside of the office (in 24 reviews)

• Superb work environment, appreciation for the job done, good incentive program (in 47 reviews)

Cons

1. "Associate Account Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Collabera full-time

Pros

their company culture is great- lots of employee appreciation events
    A lot of training provided
    Great salary right out of collge
    Super supportive, always answering questions
    great work life balance (in at 8, out at 5/5:30)

Cons

Very monotanous
    Everyone is pretty much straight out of college
    Youre sitting at a desk for 8 hours straight

Advice to Management

Great company to work for, just not everyones cup of tea

Sep 6, 2017 – Customer Service

Creating an energized and supportive team is great for those transitioning from college into the workforce! Thanks for pointing out your favorite aspects of Collabera's work culture - we wish you... More

"Researcher"

Current Contractor - Researcher in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Researcher in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to mention.

Cons

They are extremely unorganized and unethical. They traded me between five separate on-boarding representatives, who each told me that they were my "single" point of contact at Collabera. No explanation. During my background check they were alarmed to find a one-year gap in my employment history-- when I was in college. I had also clearly listed this gap on my resume. Apparently this was a huge problem for them (who expects all undergrads to be employed throughout college?), so they asked me to lie on my intake documents and claim I was working during that time. I refused. They then transferred my contract to another company without notice, and when I inquired they told me it was because my project had changed. I later learned from the client that it was because the client had dropped them due to unethical business practices.

Advice to Management

Hire employees who can do their jobs in an ethical manner

"Associate Account Managers (-> Technical Recruiter)"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Collabera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office with tremendous growth opportunities, tight knit team with a lot of support and fun activities, great training and awesome leadership. Super fun group of very smart people

Cons

Need to have thick skin in the recruiting industry, able to shake off failure and use it as motivation to be successful the next time. Be like that and you'll be great!

Jan 9, 2017 – Customer Service

We love hearing about how much it means to our employees to have a supportive and fun work environment that allows them to grow. Thanks for joining our Redmond team!

"Extremely Disappointed- never contracting again!"

Current Employee - Contractor in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Redmond, WA

Pros

I really liked Collabera when I signed on- I had an amazing recruiter who found me for a role with a large company- and it was a positive on-boarding experience. However- let's just skip to the Cons because the good truly ends there.

Cons

I tried tirelessly to speak to someone at Collabera to explain the benefits package that they offered for my child and I. Nobody ever called me back so I did my best to understand how it worked on my own- and it was taking away HALF of my salary (which I couldn't afford) because they are already paying you a salary that is less than half of what you deserve. It seems illegal that someone can work for a Fortune 500 company and over 40 hours per week and not have any sick/vacation/ or paid holidays. Or decent benefits? I asked for a raise because I found out that other contract companies are paying WAY more to fill my same role. I am just in shock that companies are allowed to treat employees this way

Advice to Management

Give your contract employees DECENT benefits, and most certainly if you are making a huge cut off of these workers- the least you can do is pay them for Holidays and Sick time.

Nov 15, 2016 – Customer Service

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're happy to hear you had a positive experience with our recruiting and onboarding teams! We appreciate the constructive criticism as well, and we'll make sure... More

5. "Regional Delivery Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Delivery Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Delivery Manager in Redmond, WA

Pros

Collabera is a great company to work for ! We have excellent growth opportunities and provide an environment that promotes team work and positive culture overall.

Cons

None at this time. Good things with a growing company !

Advice to Management

Good Leadership team !

Jan 25, 2016 – Customer Service

Thank you for adding your positive attitude and energy to our team! If there's every anything we can do for you, please reach out to us at BusinessExcellence@collabera.com.

"Staffing company, clearly geared towards quick staffing..."

Former Contractor - Software Development Engineer III in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Software Development Engineer III in Redmond, WA

I worked at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally good to follow through with paperwork and various concerns.

Cons

Compensation largely depends on contract. Would more likely recommend for non US Citizens. I was unable to get overtime for the contract and was making quite less than a full time employee for that position.

"Working with Collabera"

Former Employee - Kinect UI in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Kinect UI in Redmond, WA

I worked at Collabera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice people that work hard for their employees.
    They give off a very professional and positive vibe.
    They give gifts to boost morale and to say thank you.

Cons

1. The difficult part is that I have a really hard time understanding any of the people I've talked to over the phone. It took me 4 months after I was told I had the job to actually start.
    2. I gave them what I thought were great 5 star reviews... shortly after, they stopped being so helpful. I was told when I called in to check if they had any more work. " We have a lot of new people...You will have to find work, we cannot help you" I wish I was lying... I'm not sure what happened.
    3. I feel that they like to keep people on contract so that they can keep business. Really don't see how a person would want to stay under contract work.
    4. They are competing with one another to get new referrals. they seemed more concern on whether or not the client was hiring any new people so they have places to put people. I just realized they have medium number of clients, with an extremely high volume of applicants. I even asked once what types of jobs they have. From my understanding, if you are in the mid-level, then you may have a hard time getting work through them. Especially if you aren't IT or a manager.
    5. My rep took more vacations than any person I've ever seen. Owners of most businesses never took this many vacations... She was never around.
    5. Insurance policy is terrible...

Advice to Management

Please improve on the things I listed above. From what I'm reading in other reviews, most of the concerns. are the same.

"Typical Staffing Company."

Current Contractor - Technical Recruiter in Redmond, WA
    Current Contractor - Technical Recruiter in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Share great opportunities in my field.
    Give excellent insight about the job they would like you to consider.
    Excellent referral program.

Cons

Pay rates aren't the best.
    Follow up with the contractors isn't the best. Say one thing and little follow through.

Advice to Management

Being a contractor it's hard to offer advise to the agency.

"good for short term"

Former Contractor - 3D Artist in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - 3D Artist in Redmond, WA

I worked at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The good thing was they do your taxes. They did direct deposit on time;
    Manager was Nice;

Cons

a lot of things to file.
    The length of the contract usually goes like 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or 1 year maximum.
    There is a 100 days rule, which means once you finish a project, you have to take a 100 days break.

"Program Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Collabera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are motivated to get you roles. They have good follow up with HR.

Cons

They often take a long time to deal with HR issues and equipment problems. The company was eager to reduce salaries with new role renewals. I never got a raise moving from one position to the next, even though I had great reviews.