Collabera Reviews | Glassdoor

Collabera Reviews

Updated December 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work life balance is great, they understand you have a life outside of the office (in 25 reviews)

• Superb work environment, appreciation for the job done, good incentive program (in 49 reviews)

1. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Collabera full-time

Pros

Great Opportunity for Growth and Commission

Cons

Because you are in staffing there is a lot of variables that are not in your control.

Advice to Management

Grow your account managers and let them have the freedom to work the way that best suits them.

Nov 28, 2017 – Customer Service

We appreciate this constructive feedback! As a current employee with Collabera, we'd very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail at... More

2. "Technical Recruiter"

I have been working at Collabera full-time

Pros

Good first job after college

Cons

- Terrible management
    - Unequal treatment
    - Payroll is terrible
    -Onboarding process for candidates is terrible

Nov 28, 2017 – Customer Service

We're saddened to hear your on boarding process didn't meet expectations - this is an important step of welcoming new team members we want to perfect! We'd love to talk more about your experience and... More

3. "Accountant Specialist III Contract at Citibank"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist III Contract At Citibank in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Collabera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and many pathways to career growth. Work atmosphere is pro life and work balance.

Cons

I do not have any negative opinions

Advice to Management

Continue the great job!

Oct 30, 2017 – Customer Service

It seems that your experience as a Collabera team member has been everything you've hoped for! We're all about encouraging employees to work hard and exceed career goals - and here's a big high five... More

"Payroll is absolutely terrible"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician

I worked at Collabera full-time

Pros

Weekly pay is very nice

Cons

Payroll has a tendency to short-change your weekly pay. I am not sure if an intern is performing the hourly calculations or just someone who sucks at mathematics. Almost every week, I have to email payroll about my pay. It fluctuates almost weekly for the same 40 hours I put in.
    What really screws with their payroll folks, is when an employee's hours are 10 to 12 hours a day versus an 8 hour day.

Payroll, for some reason, uses different calculations to determine regular pay, overtime, double time, and holiday pay as compared to other companies I have worked for. Especially for those employees who work a 10 to 12 hour shift.

And if you have to work on a holiday such as Labor day, there's no option on the time sheet to indicate that you worked on a holiday. You have to give a week's notice via email to payroll and cross your fingers that you get the holiday pay plus your regular hours on the following check.

Of all the employers I have worked for in my life, I have never come across so many payroll issues as with those attributed from Collabera.

Oh.... And please be sure to have direct deposit. Or else you will not get your check in the mail until late Saturday or the following Monday.

Oct 30, 2017 – Customer Service

You've provided valuable feedback that we would like to further discuss with you. Please email us at BusinessExcellence@collabera.com so we can get started on improving this. Thanks!

5. "Account manager"

I have been working at Collabera full-time

Pros

The peers you work with are great.

Cons

Horrible management , sexist, dishonest, no work life balance

Nov 22, 2017 – Customer Service

We're so sorry to read of your dissatisfaction. We couldn't help but notice you're currently employed, and we'd very much like to further discuss your points of concern. Please email us at... More

"Great company"

Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Collabera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with as well as management. I have 0 complaints about the people I work with every day.

Cons

As far as the company goes, I have nothing bad to say. I do however have a few complaints about the people we recruit- some of them are a pain. But that's customer service for ya!

Advice to Management

Understand that being new is tough and understand that recruiting and having people follow through the hiring process is also tough.

Sep 29, 2017 – Customer Service

What more could you ask for than a supportive, hard working group of teammates! Thanks so much for sharing your experience as an IT Technical Recruiter, and we hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

7. "Global Company, Local Presense"

I worked at Collabera full-time

Pros

Local group of coworkers are wonderful, very strong team environment.

Cons

The company is based in another country, and the corporate offices are completely out of touch with our local operations.

Advice to Management

Trust the local management to run the offices in their territories, they know the clients best.

Oct 23, 2017 – Customer Service

Thanks you for sharing this with us! Your kind review for fellow coworkers and management teams are very much appreciated. It's the employees that make Collabera such a wonderful place to be!

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Collabera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

large consulting company based in NJ

Cons

recruiters are more interested in ensnaring new consultants and not bothered about placing existing employees. Less salary compensation. There is no coordination with the client, When a contract is coming to a end they ask the employee to find out. The placing team for employees is rude and unstructured , 10 people will call and there is no feedback whatsoever about the submittal to the client.

Advice to Management

Please close shop if you cannot nurture and grow existing employees who are the major revenue stream. Stop churning employees and build an employee base with low attrition.

Nov 14, 2017 – Customer Service

We're sorry to hear of your discontent in Seattle - this is certainly something we'd like to work with you on and make your experience right! Please email us at BusinessExcellence@collabera.com at... More

"Awful."

I worked at Collabera full-time

Pros

I did receive a decent full-lifecycle training program with IT recruiting. Had fun holiday outings.

Cons

Honestly, this was one of the most psychologically disruptive environments I have ever encountered. I was openly bullied by a female superior in the workplace and brought it up to management privately several times. This bully was also responsible for spreading slanderous rumors around the office too. Again, management was complacent and did nothing, but say this must be gossip and hearsay.

Also, there were off-shore men visiting in the office who sexually harassed me openly in the office, but nothing was done. This is a male-driven environment where women are victimized.

Advice to Management

Do some serious human resources training and revamp your office staff and management.

Oct 30, 2017 – Customer Service

Our goal is to create and maintain a comfortable work environment for all employees, and we're saddened to hear of your review. We want to work with you directly to gain a better understanding of... More

10. "Great People To Work To Access Great Companies"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Collabera full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Great People To Work With
    2. Fast Feedback / Communication
    3. Access To Great Companies

Cons

1. Medical Benefits Are Not Market Place Competitive
    2. No Vacation Pay

Advice to Management

To Be More Competitive Against Peers,Focus On The Mentioned "Cons"

Sep 20, 2017 – Customer Service

It's wonderful to hear how much you've enjoyed
     working at our Charlotte location - thanks for sharing this! If you'd like to chat about your points more, please email us at... More