Collabera Reviews in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

3.2
Hiten Patel
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work life balance is great, they understand you have a life outside of the office (in 24 reviews)

• Superb work environment, appreciation for the job done, good incentive program (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Long working hours is the only thing that someone wont like (in 41 reviews)

• Difficult to maintain work life balance (in 35 reviews)

1. "Business Analyst"

Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Contractor - Business Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Opportunities, kind recruiters, bonuses

Cons

None at the moment

2. "Avoid it if possible."

Current Contractor - AML Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Contractor - AML Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They are the only company that my client works with so I have this opportunity because of Collabera.
    They contacted me through indeed.com because my resume matched the requirements and were able to get me this opportunity.

Cons

They accidentally fired the wrong person. They accidentally fired my coworker when they had intended to fire another guy with a similar name.

They screwed up the tax percentage on the bonus we receive so that it was actually taking more money away in taxes than the bonus was actually worth.

Very little conflict resolution. The people sound like they are talking from a script. They sound like they are in high school like if you raise a concern saying that something happened to your coworker, they will say "don't listen to rumors" even if you have seen it with your own eyes.
    If you have a problem, they will not contact you or resolve the problem for weeks and you have to basically badger them to get anything done.

Advice to Management

Hire responsible employees that are properly trained.
    Care about the people you are working with. This does not mean having someone call once a week and ask about how the job is going, but instead take the time to resolve the conflicts that are actually happening.
    Do not say that things that are actually happening are "rumors". It makes the person feel like you are calling them a liar and not actually addressing the actual problem or taking any ownership of the error.
    Response to problems in a reasonable amount of time.
    Maybe more than 1 person handling 40 employees if that person is incapable of doing their job well.

"Unprofessional"

Former Contractor - IT Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - IT Analyst in Tampa, FL

I worked at Collabera as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They are on top of their prospects every step of the way except for when it really matters.

Cons

The recruiters are inept. Their handling of my contract was a mess from the start. I was cleared to start at JPMC and given an offer letter. I reported and was denied entry. I called that morning and it took them all afternoon to determine that I was not eligible for the job due to a credit issue. I resigned a job to take this one and I didn't get to start.

All of their reps are in India and there is a language barrier as well as a lack of understanding of American hiring practices.

I fully disclosed all of my potential issues and they still moved forward to the point of telling me I was cleared when I was not. Their wages are slightly lower than current market trends, at least in Florida. Unless you are in dire need of a paycheck, avoid them at all costs.

Advice to Management

Get out of the business or learn more about staffing according to US guidelines.