Collaborative Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross
Carroll Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance and bonus structure is pretty good as well (in 24 reviews)

• Also, unlimited PTO and a good work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance only exists if it is convenient for the customer and employee's schedules are not taken into account (in 8 reviews)

• Some lack of processes in place and lack of defined career paths, but this is to be expected of a company that's grown so fast (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"#1 Workday Partner, Vision for the Future, Onward and upward!"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative have made some great changes in their business over the past year that has helped them become stronger in their industry - aligning managers and leadership with their strengths, focusing on inefficiencies and how to fix them, driving stronger alliances and improving processes to drive continuous growth. Culture is fantastic and a good piece of working here - this is true across all offices and even for those consultants that are in a remote location. Managers and leadership care about their employees and consistently reach out to check in to make sure everyone is doing well. Business is booming! 401K match is great for this size company.

Cons

Costs of benefits could be improved although not sure that is based upon what they can do versus the healthcare industry increasing their costs to employers.

Advice to Management

I know business is challenging, but keep your head up high - you have put some solid leaders in place that have a vision for the future and are bringing us down a good path. I look forward to being here for years to come as I advance in my career.

Sep 11, 2017 – People Services Representative

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as a current employee. Since day one, our people—and the culture they’ve instilled—has been our top priority... More

"Diamond in the Ruff"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After 5+yrs of being employed at Collaborative, the company continues to amaze. The amount of care and thoughtfulness that Collaborative puts into its career development, employee growth, culture, and work life balance is astounding. Other companies I have been at clearly manage to a bottom-line, Collaborative seems to really have its employees best interest at heart. It’s also very refreshing these days to see senior leadership open their office doors, and genuinely make themselves available to its workforce.

Other pros include;
    • Competitive Pay
    • Rich Benefit Offering
    • Great Work-life-Balance
    • Culture is fantastic, engaging, addictive, supportive
    • Ability for career to growth and scale with company

Cons

None really to report. More insight into Company performance would be nice.

Advice to Management

I would continue the path you’re on. If anything, it would be nice to have more insight into strategic vision, initiatives, and long-term company goals.

"Amazing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work hours
    - Very friendly people who are always eager to help others
    - Family oriented
    - Career growth plans
    - Great leadership that is actively focused on continuous improvement
    - Nice work spaces
    - Remote work

Cons

- I currently do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The best decision I have ever made was to join CS. I appreciate the support and all that you do for this great company.

"Best partner in the ecosystem"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

-Top Workday talent in the ecosystem.
    -The CEO genuinely cares about the employees.
    -Everyone has a voice (if you speak up).
    -Unlimited PTO is great. With proper planning, desired PTO is never a problem. Employees are encouraged to use it.
    -Culture is important. It has evolved over the years as the company has grown, but leadership is committed to maintaining the culture. As with anything, you get out of it what you put into it.

Bottom line is that Collaborative Solutions is a great company. It isn't perfect, but no workplace is perfect. It's the best place I've worked. If you see something broken, you can be heard. All of leadership has an open-door policy.

Cons

-Perception that the only way to get paid fairly is to leave, or at least threaten to leave.

Advice to Management

- Communicate better with employees regarding the pressures within the ecosystem that impact the company as a whole.
    - Evaluate overall compensation.

"Hope this Helps"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workday Partner
    (Glassdoor should stop with the 20 word minimum as some of these employers don’t have 20 words of pros to offer.)

Cons

Here’s my experience and I hope it’s helpful as I failed the certification by a few points. I would love for my failure to help another.

Either the information I received from Collabortive regarding training/certification was incorrect, inconsistent, and/or non-existent.

I had a training buddy who didn’t have a certification in my area of study and who didn’t speak to me unless I emailed her. This would not normally be an issue but as a person who had never seen or used Workday previously it would’ve been great to have a buddy that actually wanted to assist. All guidance and information I received came by my overhearing other students at Workday.

I left my home in EST to go to training in PST. The email regarding the training from Collabortive had the wrong travel dates. I was told I would be onsite for one week. After speaking to others in class I learned that it was a requirement to be onsite two weeks. I had to change my flight and Collaborative has transferred that cost to me.

I was not able to access all the needed materials within Workday community. The Collabortive training coordinator directed me to workday to get it resolved. Workday directed me back to the training coordinator. My manager tried to help. It was never resolved.

I had 1 week training virtually that wasn’t in the area I elected. Then that same training was repeated onsite. Finally I had one week of training for the product in which I was to be certified. We took a 6hr exam and was sent home to now take a 40hr exam that you cannot start until you review 9 chapters of a manual. It’s described as training but it’s a practical exam.

I failed the certification so Collabortive wants to be reimbursed over $4K for the class. They also terminated my employment. I’ve had employers that would require their employees to repay for classes or certifications if they didn’t pass, but the employees weren’t fired. They were able to retest using their own money. I wonder how an unemployed person is to pay over $4K in a month?

Best of luck to you if you’re considering Collabortive, but if I had to do it over again I would probably go with another partner that’s more invested in their employee’s success and don’t NEED to require you to stay with them for 2yrs.

Advice to Management

If cost of training is transferred to me, I should have access to the training materials. You cannot ask me to pay and then deny me access.

Jan 10, 2018 – VP of People Services

Thank you for your feedback . We apologize for any confusion you had regarding your training plan. In an effort to be as comprehensive as possible while on-boarding new Collabies, we send out an... More

"It's easy to have unlimited PTO when your never allowed to take any."

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

"Unlimited PTO" - anything is unlimited when you can't use it.

Cons

You'll never be allowed to take any, but your boss will! When you request PTO take screen shots. You'll need them later to show you your attorney.

Advice to Management

Don't implement policies you can't administer.

"Consultant"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All of the leaders truly care about your career and work life balance. They are always looking for new opportunities for you as well as training to help advance you in your career. The culture is really all about 'collaboration' and there is always creative fun events organized to bring everyone together outside of work.

Cons

The cost of benefits for anything other than single is really high. The services covered could also really be improved especially for women.

"Dissatisfied Program Manager"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Initially everything with this firm appears above board however there are internal politics and favoritism throughout the organization

Cons

I have witnessed some unethical tactics to term employees and make life so miserable for others they leave on their own

Advice to Management

The changes in senior management and mid level managment is needed.

"Sexual harassment"

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

Collaborative Solutions implements the Workday Product

Cons

In a world who is starting to stand up to Sexual harassment, this company needs to take notice. The amount of times I was harassed by internal employees, senior level management and even clients. Collaborative went ahead and ignored all of my complaints and did nothing.

Nov 16, 2017 – President & COO

This is Bob responding. We take any and all complaints (whether regarding internal issues or with customers) extremely seriously. I urge you to contact me directly to discuss your issues... More

"Keep Looking"

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

Quarterly vs annual MBO payouts.

Cons

Collaborative Solutions changed substantively during the time I was there, and is the reason I left the company. This is a small private firm, where tenure is highly valued. It has a very “cliquish” work environment, and those that have been with the firm the longest time are treated more favorably than other employees. There have been multiple leadership changes over the past 1-2 years, which has made the work culture more hostile. While the firm takes pride in its’ culture, there is really none to speak of. Employees (not management level) are all very nice and supportive of each other, however that, in and of itself, does not define “culture”, which is one more of personality than anything else.

There is little work/life balance, excessive travel is expected, managers are not supportive and will not have your back (unless you are in a favored group). Beyond a certain point, there is little career path for most employees. HR serves the company and leadership, not the employees. In addition, there is an extraordinary amount of administrative obligations for project and people managers.

There is an astounding lack of communication, very little is disseminated from the top down relative to organizational and corporate changes; this fosters a very active “water cooler” environment, where news of leavers and changes happen only between employees.

At some point, this may have been a good place to work. Do your research as you consider Workday partners.