KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Collaborative Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Good Work/Life Balance

May 12, 2022 - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

CS puts a lot of effort into establishing employee programs that assist with work/life balance.

Cons

CS is still a boutique firm and continues to establish how it's organized internally to better compete with more established first (big 4)

Administrator

We strive to provide a workplace where every Collabie feels a balance between work and home life. We appreciate your feedback regarding the internal structure and encourage you to address these concerns with your manager, or People Services, if that is more comfortable for you. Thank you for this review!

2. 5.0

Good place to work

Apr 21, 2022 - Consultant in Albany, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, unlimited PTO, control of your projects (to an extent), flex days every other Friday

Cons

Can’t think of anything right now

Administrator

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear that your experience at Collaborative has been positive. We appreciate your feedback.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to grow

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and collaboration. Is everything perfect? No But any organization that claims to be perfect is far from it. Many in leadership roll up there sleeves and provide a lot of support. Not just lip service.

Cons

Benefits could be better but they are trying

Administrator

As a current employee of more than five years, we are happy to see you feel Collaborative is a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback regarding our benefits as we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Unfair place to work or train with

Apr 27, 2022 - Workday Payroll Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has some decent pay. Nice people

Cons

No room for a 2nd chance unlike other workday partner companies

Administrator

We are saddened to learn your thoughts on Collaborative and we're sorry that your experience was so different from most employees. In our interview process, in the employment contract, and throughout on-boarding, we are transparent with our certification policy. If you have concerns, we encourage you to reach out to our People Services team at peopleservices@collaborativesolutions.com. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0

Very Solid Company

Mar 21, 2022 - Workday Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have Fantastic Benefits and Company Culture

Cons

They don't pay nearly as much as the other Workday partnered firms because the bonus structure is higher

Administrator

We are glad to hear there are several aspects of Collaborative Solutions you are enjoying, like our benefits and culture. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

They will oversell the programming involved

Mar 16, 2022 - Associate Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Once you make it past workday training it seems nice.

Cons

Workday training is 12 hrs a day including hw. You need to keep your camera on for 6-8 hours a day on zoom. If you fail you’ll be let go and wont be able to retake anything.

3 people found this review helpful

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Collaboration

Mar 7, 2022 - Workday Consultant in Albany, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and truly collaborative experience

Cons

Training is lacking for new to Workday

Administrator

We are glad to hear there are several aspects of Collaborative Solutions you are enjoying. We appreciate you taking the time to share this review. We encourage you to share this feedback with your manager or People Services if that is more comfortable for you. Thank you!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Mar 7, 2022 - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- good, fun staff - different projects - bonuses - balance day - flex fridays - unlimited pto

Cons

- workload can be heavy at times, expected in this space. - base pay can be stronger and more aligned with market pay

Administrator

Thank you for this review! We strive to provide a workplace where every Collabie feels balanced both professionally and personally, bonded with coworkers, and fulfilled culturally, so we really appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you for your feedback regarding workload and pay. We encourage you to address these with your manager, or People Services if that is more comfortable for you.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

almost walking the talk

Mar 7, 2022 - Regional Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

great consulting expertise, great people at the mid-management level and below

Cons

internally NOT "collaborative", immature business processes and tribal knowledge, not a sales organization, they struggle to solve sales challenges and just dismisses them if they are not an easy fit, the pricing is very very expensive and not competitive, the CEO is involved at every level of everything and is a micro manager, overall there is lots of sales resistance and and sales is not enabled to be in charge of the sales process

2 people found this review helpful

Administrator

We are saddened to hear of your mixed emotions during your tenure at Collaborative Solutions. We work to create a positive work environment where employees feel supported and valued, and we’re sorry your experience was different than most. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in the future.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Learn

Feb 7, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative is a fantastic place to learn and branch out with the Workday software. Starting from the manager level on up, they will empower their directs in many different ways to learn, grow, and take on more responsibility to tailor their career however they see fit. This growth style is encouraged and fostered by the Collaborative Executive Leadership Team. When it comes to project work, there will be times when it's busy, and times when it's slow. The responsibility falls on the consultant to let their manager know when it's become too much or if they're in over their head, this is not looked down upon, but encouraged for proper work life balance and employee/project health. Collaborative has some of the best leads in the ecosystem and growth happens exponentially at lower levels as you get your first few assignments under your belt. I've seen Collaborative try their best to assign project work to fit the wants and geographic locations of their consultants, but the nature of this business is that is not always possible due to timing and operational constraints. There shouldn't be any issues taking time off or PTO as long as extended PTO is planned. You won't find many micromanagers here, so as long as work gets done you are free to complete it however you see fit (albeit in conjunction with the client's schedule/needs). In my past years at Collaborative I never felt like leadership didn't care about their employees, I think the rapid growth of the company has caused growing pains that inevitably come up, to which leadership is at some times a little too reactionary. With that said, reactionary is better than no action at all, with rapid growth comes rapidly changing targets and it's impossible to stay infront of all of them at once. Leadership definitely does have an open door policy and anyone (i mean anyone) can ping the ELT, VPs, or whomever to chat about any issues. During the height of the pandemic, the amount of empathy, understanding, and proactive steps taken to keep the company running will be something I'll remember for the rest of my professional career - leadership walked the walk on their core values 100%. There has been some turnover and leadership churn with the Cognizant acquisition, which is to be expected with any type of event like this. It's not necessarily a bad thing and I feel it sometimes gets overblown with "turnover" rhetoric. Healthy churn is a good thing, especially if individuals in leadership positions have new career aspirations. If you're looking to get into the Workday ecosystem, kicking off a consulting career, or looking to enhance your project experience/skills, Collaborative is a fantastic partner filled with managers that do care about you. For me, Collaborative was the best decision I ever made, I don't regret working here for one second - overall a fantastic partner.

Cons

Some of the negatives around Collaborative involve Benefits, Cognizant Acquisition, internal communications. Benefits - They're not awful, just difficult to keep pace with the "Tech" arms race for talent. Cognizant Acquisition - This was a big deal to a lot of people and I feel that more transparency and understanding in regards to employees sentiment could be handled a bit better. Collaborative does care about employee feedback, which is why they're very big on employee engagement surveys and publishing raw data in a transparent way. However planned actions on that data should be communicated more clearly once they're identified. Internal Communications - Collaborative has struggled with this for a while, which isn't too surprising. Any company that experiences such rapid growth with so many internal initiatives, communication gaffes are bound to happen. People Services and leadership really do try to keep people updated on happenings, but you can always strive to be better.

5 people found this review helpful

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! As a long-time former Collabie, we are happy to hear there were several aspects of Collaborative Solutions you are enjoyed during your time. We agree that our industry, people, and culture really make the company unique. We value your feedback regarding our benefits, acquisition transparency, and communications, as we are always looking for ways to make Collaborative a great place to work for all employees. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to Collaborative.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 286 Reviews

Collaborative Solutions Reviews FAQs

Collaborative Solutions has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 288 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Collaborative Solutions to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Collaborative Solutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Collaborative Solutions. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

77% of Collaborative Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Collaborative Solutions 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Collaborative Solutions to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Collaborative Solutions Job Seekers