Collaborative Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross
Carroll Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance and bonus structure is pretty good as well (in 25 reviews)

• Also, unlimited PTO and a good work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance only exists if it is convenient for the customer and employee's schedules are not taken into account (in 8 reviews)

• I have no real cons at this time (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"#1 Workday Partner, Vision for the Future, Onward and upward!"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative have made some great changes in their business over the past year that has helped them become stronger in their industry - aligning managers and leadership with their strengths, focusing on inefficiencies and how to fix them, driving stronger alliances and improving processes to drive continuous growth. Culture is fantastic and a good piece of working here - this is true across all offices and even for those consultants that are in a remote location. Managers and leadership care about their employees and consistently reach out to check in to make sure everyone is doing well. Business is booming! 401K match is great for this size company.

Cons

Costs of benefits could be improved although not sure that is based upon what they can do versus the healthcare industry increasing their costs to employers.

Advice to Management

I know business is challenging, but keep your head up high - you have put some solid leaders in place that have a vision for the future and are bringing us down a good path. I look forward to being here for years to come as I advance in my career.

Sep 11, 2017 – People Services Representative

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as a current employee. Since day one, our people—and the culture they’ve instilled—has been our top priority... More

2. "Best Company I’ve Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-fantastic culture
    -easy to talk to Leadership
    -great pay
    -growth and development opportunities
    -work life balance

Cons

-would really like better family leave policies

"Great Company for College Grads!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not a corporate culture kind of guy and don't often write reviews but Collaborative has provided so many great opportunities I had to write something.

Collaborative makes a real effort to develop you professionally and give you opportunities to grow. At Collaborative you don't feel like a number. The executive team will greet you by name and ask for your opinion regardless of your role... To me that says more than anything else.

Cons

There's a lot a work. Hours and workload can be insane, but you get out what you put in.

Advice to Management

As Collaborative continues to grow, don't change the culture. Continue to invest in the analyst program.

"It's A Home, Not A Job"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

Collaborative Solutions is a great company....this is home! Executive management is in-touch with employees and clients, and each "Collabie" is truly interested in helping others grow within the company. The culture here is tangible...it's ingrained in everyday communications and is something everyone embraces.

Every day is a good day!

Cons

I have no real cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Fantastic, just not perfect"

Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - N/A in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules
    Career progression
    Great peers
    Work/Life Balance
    Ability to "own" your path

Cons

It's a smaller, more dynamic firm. Changes happen and some people don't handle that well. Communication could be improved, but what company can't say that.

Advice to Management

Keep making decisions with the best of intentions. I don't think anyone here can honestly say the people at the top don't take care of the people under them. It's been frustrating to see our Glassdoor rating fall over the last year while most people seem really happy. Just don't forget who we are as we continue to grow.

Jan 29, 2018 – People Services Representative

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your candid feedback.

"Amazing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work hours
    - Very friendly people who are always eager to help others
    - Family oriented
    - Career growth plans
    - Great leadership that is actively focused on continuous improvement
    - Nice work spaces
    - Remote work

Cons

- I currently do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The best decision I have ever made was to join CS. I appreciate the support and all that you do for this great company.

"Diamond in the Ruff"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After 5+yrs of being employed at Collaborative, the company continues to amaze. The amount of care and thoughtfulness that Collaborative puts into its career development, employee growth, culture, and work life balance is astounding. Other companies I have been at clearly manage to a bottom-line, Collaborative seems to really have its employees best interest at heart. It’s also very refreshing these days to see senior leadership open their office doors, and genuinely make themselves available to its workforce.

Other pros include;
    • Competitive Pay
    • Rich Benefit Offering
    • Great Work-life-Balance
    • Culture is fantastic, engaging, addictive, supportive
    • Ability for career to growth and scale with company

Cons

None really to report. More insight into Company performance would be nice.

Advice to Management

I would continue the path you’re on. If anything, it would be nice to have more insight into strategic vision, initiatives, and long-term company goals.

"Not a fan turn and burn the sales team management hasnt allowed new sales people grow and develop relationships"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Collaborative Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Starting pay is decent but what good is that if you arent afforded the opportunity to close any deals

Cons

Lack of tenure in sales team, sales managment lead with a stick mentality

Advice to Management

Provide coaching to sales managers to improve their leadership abilities

"Best partner in the ecosystem"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

-Top Workday talent in the ecosystem.
    -The CEO genuinely cares about the employees.
    -Everyone has a voice (if you speak up).
    -Unlimited PTO is great. With proper planning, desired PTO is never a problem. Employees are encouraged to use it.
    -Culture is important. It has evolved over the years as the company has grown, but leadership is committed to maintaining the culture. As with anything, you get out of it what you put into it.

Bottom line is that Collaborative Solutions is a great company. It isn't perfect, but no workplace is perfect. It's the best place I've worked. If you see something broken, you can be heard. All of leadership has an open-door policy.

Cons

-Perception that the only way to get paid fairly is to leave, or at least threaten to leave.

Advice to Management

- Communicate better with employees regarding the pressures within the ecosystem that impact the company as a whole.
    - Evaluate overall compensation.

"Hope this Helps"

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workday Partner
    (Glassdoor should stop with the 20 word minimum as some of these employers don’t have 20 words of pros to offer.)

Cons

Here’s my experience and I hope it’s helpful as I failed the certification by a few points. I would love for my failure to help another.

Either the information I received from Collabortive regarding training/certification was incorrect, inconsistent, and/or non-existent.

I had a training buddy who didn’t have a certification in my area of study and who didn’t speak to me unless I emailed her. This would not normally be an issue but as a person who had never seen or used Workday previously it would’ve been great to have a buddy that actually wanted to assist. All guidance and information I received came by my overhearing other students at Workday.

I left my home in EST to go to training in PST. The email regarding the training from Collabortive had the wrong travel dates. I was told I would be onsite for one week. After speaking to others in class I learned that it was a requirement to be onsite two weeks. I had to change my flight and Collaborative has transferred that cost to me.

I was not able to access all the needed materials within Workday community. The Collabortive training coordinator directed me to workday to get it resolved. Workday directed me back to the training coordinator. My manager tried to help. It was never resolved.

I had 1 week training virtually that wasn’t in the area I elected. Then that same training was repeated onsite. Finally I had one week of training for the product in which I was to be certified. We took a 6hr exam and was sent home to now take a 40hr exam that you cannot start until you review 9 chapters of a manual. It’s described as training but it’s a practical exam.

I failed the certification so Collabortive wants to be reimbursed over $4K for the class. They also terminated my employment. I’ve had employers that would require their employees to repay for classes or certifications if they didn’t pass, but the employees weren’t fired. They were able to retest using their own money. I wonder how an unemployed person is to pay over $4K in a month?

Best of luck to you if you’re considering Collabortive, but if I had to do it over again I would probably go with another partner that’s more invested in their employee’s success and don’t NEED to require you to stay with them for 2yrs.

Advice to Management

If cost of training is transferred to me, I should have access to the training materials. You cannot ask me to pay and then deny me access.

Jan 10, 2018 – VP of People Services

Thank you for your feedback . We apologize for any confusion you had regarding your training plan. In an effort to be as comprehensive as possible while on-boarding new Collabies, we send out an... More