Cover image for Collaborative Solutions
Logo

Add a Review

Collaborative Solutions Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Join the conversation on

Tech

630K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Collaborative Solutions~492711
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Collaborative Solutions? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Collaborative Solutions employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Collaborative Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Jul 28, 2022 - Talent Acquisition
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of Collaborative Solutions core values is balance. The emphasis on work life balance at Collaborative is so refreshing and makes me feel extremely valued as an employee. The people at Collaborative are like no other company I have experienced. Everyone I've met are all so friendly, helpful, inclusive and encouraging. The competitive salary is a reflection of the way they value their people. The unlimited PTO and flex Friday plan where anyone can opt into taking every second Friday off has been amazing.

Cons

More company wide social events like Summer parties / Christmas party etc. However localised London social events are back up and running again which have been great.

Collaborative Solutions Response

Thank you for this review! We are glad to hear there are several aspects of Collaborative Solutions you’re enjoying including our people, work-life balance, and social events. We value your feedback about company-wide social events and encourage you to share this with your manager, or People Services if you feel more comfortable, as we are always looking for ways to improve.

2. 5.0

Very friendly people

Dec 27, 2021 - Workday Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing environment Work life balance Good salary and benefits

Cons

No cons No problem with anything All good

Administrator

Thank you for this review! We appreciate you offering your insight as a current employee at Collaborative. We wish you continued success and happiness as a Collabie!

3. Join the Collaborative Solutions team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company and opportunities

Feb 7, 2019 - Senior Manager in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Exciting industry with massive momentum *Incredible company culture *Opportunity to create your own path within the company *Great work/life balance *Focus on employee development *Managers focus on their team as people, not just employees

Cons

*Competing priorities can be challenging *Career paths for internal teams are less clear

2 people found this review helpful

Director, People Services

Thank you for this review! We are glad to hear you're a happy Collabie and appreciate your honest feedback. As you shared, our managers truly care for their teams as people, not just as employees, so feel free to communicate this feedback with them, as they always want you to succeed. Thanks, again!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Consultant

Aug 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative Solutions is truly an amazing place to work. From your first day or work to your last and even beyond, the leadership team makes it a point to let you how valuable you are and how you make the company a success. The leadership believes in work life balance; team work; and you! Even after leaving Collaborative Solution I am still a Collabie!

Cons

Stop meeting all your team members face-to-face. As with nature of the business, you know the folks on your project or a voice over an audio device.

3 people found this review helpful

People Services Director

Even though you are no longer on our team we are so happy to hear that you still embody the Collabie spirit! We value all the contributions each Collabie makes during their time here and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company for Self Directed People

Aug 4, 2020 - Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great reputation in the industry - Strong methodology and tools - Outstanding internal IT team who responds quickly - best in class! - Lots of autonomy (may not be a good fit if you require a lot of management direction and oversight) - Incredible work/life balance - Supportive team members - Challenging, high profile customer projects - Competitive salaries - Generous bonus plan (for now) - Unlimited vacation time (for now) - Respects and encourages diversity

Cons

- HR team is slow to respond, and offers 'canned responses' that typically don't match the question posed to HR (very scripted, cold, no empathy, and quick to escalate to an employee's manager if the employee continues to ask the question) - HR team seems very pro-company, not pro-employee - Employees are highly encouraged to provide feedback and improvements, but little or nothing is done to implement the suggestions - Onboarding process is 'do it yourself' - be prepared to find the information and answers you need by seeking them on your own - 401K matching doesn't kick in for one year - No longer a small, intimate company since being acquired by Cognizant

4 people found this review helpful

Collaborative Solutions Response

Thank you for this review! As a current employee, we are happy to see you enjoy working at Collaborative. We value your feedback, and we hope you share these thoughts with your manager, as well. We are always looking for ways to make Collaborative an even better place to work!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great and exciting place to work

Aug 5, 2015 - Senior Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, plenty of opportunities for growth and career paths, amazing group of coworkers and company culture, very competitive compensation!

Cons

Work life balance is attempted and encouraged but can be tough to achieve when your company is extremely busy (which can be a positive).

4 people found this review helpful

People Services Director

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience here at Collaborative! We continually try to encourage a work/life balance with all of our employees and are striving to make that better year after year.

8. 5.0

CS review

Dec 1, 2021 - Principal Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

CS really cares about its employees. They take interest in their growth and make a work life balance more than possible

Cons

In consulting, you sometimes get stuck with companies whose work life balance is not reflected in CS’s culture.

Administrator

Thank you for this review! We strive to provide a workplace where every Collabie is able to attain a work-life balance. We value your feedback as we are always looking for ways to make Collaborative an even better place to work.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Its a struggle

Jul 15, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really great minds to work with

Cons

Management is one sided and does not listen to employees voice The unlimited leave policy is a sham. you have to beg to take your leave and you have to arrange for your replacement. there is no resourcing team who can look out for you. maternity and personal life challenges are completely disregarded. no work life balance

3 people found this review helpful

Administrator

We are sorry to hear that in your time at Collaborative you did not get a full understanding of the vision and direction of the company, our commitment to fostering work-life balance, and our efforts to improve benefits based on employee feedback. It is unfortunate your experience was different than most employees, and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company!

Dec 17, 2015 - Principal Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Everyone works together and is very helpful Real work/life balance Great growth potential Flexible work schedule Ability to work from home

Cons

I have been very happy here and have not found any "cons" with Collaborative Solutions". I keep telling my friends and family that I have found my dream job.

2 people found this review helpful

People Services Director

Thanks so much for your kind words. We truly value all of our Collabies and are excited to hear you've found your dream job with us!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture

Dec 6, 2022 - Principal Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Everything is looking good. No cons

Collaborative Solutions Response

We appreciate you sharing the great things about our company, like our work-life balance. Thank you for taking the time to review Collaborative Solutions! We wish you continued success and happiness as a Collabie!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews