CollabraSpace Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2019

CollabraSpace President, CEO and Co-Founder Ray Schwemmer
Ray Schwemmer
  1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at CollabraSpace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful benefits. A team that cares about its employees.

Cons

Certain projects may not be attractive to younger developers

2. "Great Company"

5.0
    Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship)

I have been working at CollabraSpace for more than a year

Pros

The work environment is very well organized and nothing short of superb. As an intern, I was set in a simulated environment to those of what most actual software engineers deal with which was super cool since it felt like boot camp for when we actually get on contracts! Everyone is nice and the events along with the benefits are really cool.

Cons

None that I can think of (little cliche I know)

June 28, 2019Director

Thanks! We love our interns, really! We look forward to them returning each season to polish their skills for the future work force and bring a little more high jinks to the office. Let the nerf gun wars begin!

"Great People; Professional and Fun"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at CollabraSpace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Small enough to care about employees as individuals * Commitment to helping everyone succeed * Commitment to training * Fun atmosphere * Great benefits * Genuine team atmosphere

Cons

* None that I have observed or experienced.

June 28, 2019Director

We do have a great group of people here, don't we? It's nice when you can generally enjoy the folks you work with. When you're part of a group that really wants to help each other and see each other succeed you can't go wrong. Since software and systems engineering are our focus and more than 75% of our team are software engineers, there are plenty of internal team members willing to help in the moment with the challenging questions. And, as a group we also offer technical exchanges presented by team members on all kinds of topics (you can see more information on our website about that) so there is a genuine sense of information sharing. Those interested in learning more about our organization can visit our website at www.collabraspace.com or email us at careers@collabraspace.com.

4. "An Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at CollabraSpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

CollabraSpace has the perfect culture. The management cares about its employees, has great communication, and goes above and beyond to make everyone's work experience exceptional. The company has a number of contracts, which gives its employees a good variety of career opportunities. Overall great place to work.

Cons

The only real con is that there are not many opportunities for anybody without a clearance.

June 28, 2019Director

Thanks for all the nice comments...we really do care about you all! We're as passionate about providing support to the mission as we are about supporting our team. It's that drive, focus, and determination to contribute to the protection of our country that makes us focus our efforts in this space. We're eager to find others within the cleared spaces who share that same passion to join our team. And, we're eager to find ways for those without clearances who feel the same passion to be a part of the team as well. We're really glad you're with us!

5. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at CollabraSpace

Pros

The CollabraSpace leadership team focuses on an environment where every employee has an opportunity to learn, grow, and go home every night happy. There are many opportunities for training, subject matter experts to guide you, and numerous opportunities to challenge you. The company provides great benefits and numerous events for the employees and their families. I have never been happier.

Cons

I have not experienced anything negative thus far.

January 10, 2017Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the kind review! We really do place a priority on the individual at CollabraSpace. Team members are encouraged to reach out whenever they feel they need anything. And, it doesn't have to be just to members of management. We have a social platform on our team site that allows team members to seek guidance/information on technical topics from other team members as well. We work hard to provide mentors and professional development plans to those who are interested including focused training, and encourage our team to let us know when they are ready for a new challenge. Our goal is for each of our team members to feel like they can, "Make a Life at CollabraSpace, Not Just a Living."

6. "Great Company"

Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at CollabraSpace

Pros

CollabraSpace truly cares about it's employees and offers competitive salaries and industry leading benefits. They also provide monthly training sessions at HQ and encourage employees to better themselves through continuing education programs. The folks at HQ are always a phone call or email away and really place a priority on making sure everything is right for their employees. The CS employees I've worked with on site are true professionals strive to provide the best product to the customer.

Cons

No downsides come to mind. They're really a great company.

December 15, 2016Director, Human Resources

The office staff at CollabraSpace works hard to ensure the members of our team truly feel like part of the team. With a dispersed workforce that's not always easy. So direct easy communications with prompt responses to team member questions and needs keep us readily in-touch, and we're always available for an in-person chat if a phone call or email just won't cut it. We've been named to the Baltimore Sun's Top Workplace list for the last four years and were ranked #10 this year. We couldn't have achieved this without valuable input from our team. And, yes, I would agree our on-site team are true professionals! Thanks for your review!

7. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Overhead in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at CollabraSpace full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is dedicated to the mission and success of the company as well as the overall well-being of it's employees. Whether you're an intern or an executive, everyone is treated with respect and autonomy regardless of your position on the corporate ladder.

Cons

None that I have come across.

November 21, 2016Director, Human Resources

Thanks! We try very hard to make sure each member of our team feels valued. Whether it's through providing team members the opportunity to try new areas of professional growth or listening to the feedback from our Culture Team we believe everyone drafted to the CollabraSpace team has enormous value and potential. Treating team members equally regardless of position is even evident in our benefits structure where each team member receives the same level of benefits.

8. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Intern - Recruiting Intern in Ellicott City, MD

I have been working at CollabraSpace for less than a year

Pros

This is a great company to work for because they genuinely care about their employees! They do whatever they can to make you feel comfortable. I also really like my coworkers and enjoy talking to them during the day. The environment here is friendly and I am happy to be apart of this awesome team!

Cons

There are no cons for this company.

November 21, 2016Director, Human Resources

Thank you! It's very important to us that our team feels like they are appreciated and want to come to work every day! We hope you'll have lots of great career building experiences and thank you for being part of the CollabraSpace team.

9. "Great small company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at CollabraSpace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salary, wonderful, friendly, caring administrative and management staff. They have many positions on government contracts in the area. I was unhappy with my initial assignment after being with the company six months. They when out of their way to quickly find me another task with was a great fit for my skills.

Cons

Primary business is providing software and system engineering staff to government contracts. Almost all require a clearance. The work is always subject to the turbulence of government contracting and budgets.

March 11, 2016Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the great review! Making sure the members of our team are in a position that fulfills them professionally and personally is a top priority. That's why we always say, "Make a Life at CollabraSpace, Not Just a Living!"

10. "Great people"

4.0

I worked at CollabraSpace

Pros

Great People to work with, good benefits, relaxed management style

Cons

employees were distributed, management didn't really reach out to keep a pulse on how I was doing

March 11, 2016Director, Human Resources

Thanks so much for the great suggestions! We're tirelessly working to expand our contracts and prime opportunities even more to ensure team members have lots of options for work that really interests them. You'll also be happy to know we're instituting even more employee engagement opportunities as well.

Found 13 reviews