Collect Com Credit Reviews | Glassdoor

Collect Com Credit Reviews

1.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Seriously, Dont even waste your time applying to this hell hole of a company"

Former Employee - Collections Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Collections Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

There are absolutely none. There isn't a single positive thing about this job. Believe me when I say that I tried to recall one good thing about Collect Com Credit.

Cons

Where to begin? Well first of all the staff of this company is under the leadership of a coke addict/vice president in whom also has a lot of behavioural problems. The Vice president will literally come out and yell at you for the most trivial of matters. I have seen this happen many times and then the next day, the employee is fired at the end of the day (and yes when they have already made up their minds about getting rid of you, they will have you collect as much money as you can for that day and at the end of that same day they fire you). Which brings me to the unrealistic expectations that have of you with regards of targets. There are only a few people that ever hit their monthly targets and that's because of favoritism or their strange set up of the front line and backline system with regards to files. I have seen one manager continuously give new business to one employee while the rest had to work with old files in which the people in whom they were supposed to collect from had already changed their numbers or they simply wont pick up. When things don't go the way the managers want, they love to throw their employee's under the bus and let them take the blame for it. Their is no sense of responsibility amongst any of the managers including the vice president. The managers are also extremely irrational, they love to do things that simply don't make any sense, anybody with a brain could see that their decisions were going to end badly but apparently not to the managers. There is one manager in whom expects you to be a mind reader. He has very bad social problems and never likes to communicate with anyone including his employees and he will expect you to do something very specific and if you don't, he gets mad at you and fires you. Oh, and if your a new collector just starting out in the industry, don't even bother wasting your time with these people because they expect you to operate at the same level as a collector that's been doing it for 20+ years within your first month on the floor. If you don't then they fire you. They wont even bother training you properly, they just throw you onto the floor. These people are constantly hiring people not just because they fire people a lot, but also they cant retain their employees because they humiliate and degrade them so badly that they just walk off the job. And don't get me started about the pay which is a pretty low salary compared to what other collection agencies would pay. They are very misleading when it comes to making commission, they say that you could earn your base salary + commission, but what you actually have to do to get commission is get a month-to-date score of four times your monthly salary. Overall it was a really degrading experience and I wouldn't wish the treatment that I, former, and current employees have endured onto my worst enemy. Your better off working at McDonald's.

Advice to Management

Use that organ in your head that's called the brain. Do that and then your company's productivity might increase and operate at a satisfactory level.

2. "Good place to work if you have no ambition"

Former Employee - Collections Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Collections Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Collect Com Credit (More than a year)

Pros

Busy environment, opportunity to make commission

Cons

Management was unprofessional and let their emotions take over

3. "UNPROFESSIONAL UNAPPROACHABLE UNASSISTING"

Former Employee - Collection Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Collection Officer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

very easy to get hired, lots of breaks

Cons

use of profanity on the floor, even managers constantly swearing among each other is disgusting. Threatening people non stop. Managers are unapproachable, if you are new they won't even notice you, they won't help or care how you are doing, will not even offer help. Co-workers are also unapproachable they will pretend you don't exist and will not help. Tuesdays you have to work over 8 hours and they will not pay you extra.. Overall a horrible experience, they should be rated worst collection company in Canada.

Advice to Management

BE PROFESSIONAL AND STOP SWEARING SHOW SOME RESPECT TO YOUR EMPLOYEES.

4. "Run as far away as you can"

Former Employee - Collector. in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Collector. in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

There really are none. They did pay for my collection license, and offered what I felt was a decent payback scheme.

Cons

Frequent use of profanity by both co-workers and management. Senior management is laughable, the one person we were introduced to didn't actually work there. Located in a warehouse, rats still included. Was told by the head trainer (only trainer I believe) to "bad them up". That meant threaten and abuse the people that we were calling, hence my mention of profanity. One former co-worker was publically dismissed, in front of her whole department. Also misleading in the interview, they advise that you need to hit X to make commission, however you actually need to hit 4-5 times X in order to make X appear on your cheque.

Advice to Management

Cease operations.