Collective Bias Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2021

4.0
Collective Bias CEO Bill Sussman
Bill Sussman
Pros
  • "Offers a great work life balance and the work is pretty cool(in 8 reviews)

• "Dog friendly, and lots of new things going on every day(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As always with a fast-growing startup, there are growing pains(in 5 reviews)

• "Sometimes with Social Media, you will need to work some late hours or answer something over the weekend(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Culture!

Mar 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, work-life balance and great company culture!

Cons

Since we have been acquired it is harder to have more clear communication.

2. 3.0

Quality people

Jan 18, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly enjoyed the people I worked with and the laid back atmosphere. After working several other places, i know realize how rare that is.

Cons

Hard working for out-of-state employers. Work comes and goes.

3. 4.0

Great Flexibility

Jan 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, great culture, work-life balance

Cons

Transition from a smaller company to a larger company during acquisition process brought natural changes, but management does a good job at addressing changes/questions.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Account Executive

Mar 19, 2019 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people/management, awesome vacation time, some awesome accounts.

Cons

Pay and lack of bonuses or cost of living increase.

5. 5.0

Fabulous

Dec 20, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Such a great place to work!

Cons

Not really.. I don’t have anything bad to say

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A place where people listen and respect.

Aug 29, 2015 - Senior Interactive Designer in Rogers, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Regardless of the vast differences in personality types, there is a unique brand of camaraderie at CB. There's special attention paid (from the very TOP down) to making sure that employees are happy and are allowed to grow professionally. Upper leadership takes a personal interest in the development of their employees. I've never experienced this before in the ad agency world, and it is very refreshing to know that your entire company has your best interests at heart.

Cons

Sometimes the work put pressure on you but personally, I view this as opportunity to learn. It's challenging. If you think that's a bad thing, you won't like it.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Great Culture, HR Nightmare

Dec 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture centered around everyone working together to achieve a common goal. Great place for burgeoning young professionals to work with experienced staff and industry intellectuals. Benefits, hours, and overall feel we’re great.

Cons

Though forward thinking and progressive, there is a major lack of racial diversity at all levels (you could count them on 1 hand). At times you got, “I’m afraid of [insert dark skin tone] people” vibes. This lack of diversity is fairly typical for the area and results in a lack of mentorship and little opportunity for minorities to vertically progress. Which leads to the greater issue, HR. The free-thinking culture and lax rules leave little room to feel protected or supported when going to HR. Teams are able to act with a complete disrespect for employees time and intelligence, to which management often turns a blind eye. HR and management’s disregard for obvious issues is alarming and sad to see. Hopefully things improve as their acquisition sets in.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company but does not care about offices or employees outside of headquarters

Feb 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of great things about Collective Bias: - It is an interesting industry - Some great Management (Trustworthy and care about their employees: Amy Callahan and Bill Sussman. Some other upper management is not.) - Enjoy working with my co-workers - CB pays fairly

Cons

Collective Bias touts having the best benefits but time and time again, everyone outside of headquarters is forgotten about. We do our best to be a tight-knit group, but headquarters makes being a remote employee as the "others" in a divisive way -Meetings: HQ employees tend to show up late, making non-HQ team members wait. This happens ALL the time. If they are on time, often they have technology issues -"perks": We always see and hear that HQ has different special events, gatherings, offerings. One very basic example is that food is provided for all sorts of occasions for HQ folks. While this is not a necessity for non-HQ people, it is only fair to share this perk across the other instead of making everyone else fee like they don't matter -No diversity -HR/Operations: In general they don't try and include the remote team members and offices in special occasions or anything like that -Client Accounts: It seems the top priority across the board is all the Walmart accounts

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

The company is still small enough to where if you have an idea, go for it, if you have ways to make something better or more efficient, go for it. It truly is a company based on collaboration and team work. The people that work here are driven and passionate about the company and that makes every day exciting.

Cons

It is still a new company and a growing company, every day processes changes and there are growing pains and it takes time for leadership to figure out how to make things work. While this is definitely a big con, it also makes for interesting and challenging days which never lets you be bored.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Can I Please Work Here Forever?

Jul 7, 2015 - Intern in Rogers, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love working at CB. Everyone is so welcoming and wants to be here. I have not met one single person who doesn't like working for this company, and that includes myself. I knew before I got hired that I had a special connection to this place, and now that I'm here I can't imagine myself working anywhere else. Of course I am young and the future may bring unexected things, but in no way do I plan on leaving anytime soon! The environment is really laid-back and everyone makes themselves at home. The vacation policy is amazing, especially for someone who has travel on her mind and family far away. People are always willing to help each other out. We are a team, and we wouldn't be successful without each other.

Cons

I've only been here a little over a month. While that is a relatively short amount of time, I have done a lot of work and been here a lot of hours. I can't find one thing to complain about!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews