Collective Bias Reviews | Glassdoor

Collective Bias CEO Bill Sussman
Bill Sussman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sometimes with Social Media, you will need to work some late hours or answer something over the weekend" (in 3 reviews)

• "cbias, salaries are well below industry standards" (in 2 reviews)

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Business Development in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative company that values culture.
    Collaborative and transparent leadership team with scrappy mindset to get things done.
    Collaborative peers who support and encourage workplace happiness.

Cons

Heavy growth mode means wearing multiple hats at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep culture at forefront.

"Dumpster Fire of a Failed and Broken Company"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

There are no pros anymore, the petulantly ineffectual and monstrously Dilbertian parent company known as Inmar made sure of that.

Cons

Collective Bias is no longer Collective Bias but a carcass of its former self, in the process of being hollowed out and absorbed by Inmar until there's nothing left but broken bones and broken dreams. The people who continue to manage what's left of its dead and nearly buried self have no vision, no willingness to listen to people's concerns about products that are out of date or aren't working, and remain stubbornly or blithely unaware of CB's industry-lagging situation.

This entire dumpster fire of a garbage company is a nightmare of cliques, mistrust, poor communication, heads in the sand, and atrocious favoritism. The fact that they've been in business for almost 9 years... in SOCIAL MEDIA... and have not ONCE significantly changed their product offerings, delivery, or business tactics says all you need to know.

Even worse, virtually everything told to us about the condition of our sale to Inmar were a pack of outright and disgusting lies. We were assured CB would retain its unique identity and remain independently run, with our distinctive family oriented culture intact. Lies. Almost everything has changed, from virtually eliminating bonuses using accounting tricks, to degrading the quality of our vacation time, healthcare and other benefits that were once superior when they had been handled by CB instead of the corporate borg that is Inmar.

It's not a company that will exist much longer. Inmar is following a plan of completely razing CB into the ground (their plan all along) and will likely integrate whatever is left into their HQ's office, since nearly everything is redundant. Resistance is futile.

Get out CBers while you can, and never look back.

"Not what it used to be"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are awesome. Many have been around since the beginning or shortly after. Most truly care about the success of Collective Bias! Their heart and soul is invested in the company.

Cons

At one time this was an amazing company to work for. They were small and cared about the employees. After it was sold, everything changed. The mood is tense. It is all about sales and numbers. They have forgotten the core values and what made us successful. There is no one for the employees to go to with concerns or suggestions. When they are passed on to our managers, no one else listens. Moving up is very rare and not based on time with the company. Hard workers get over looked. Change is happening constantly and we are always the last to know. There is no transparency like their used to be.

Advice to Management

Remember the employees and go back to your roots. Listen to your employees. We can and have been predicting the future of the industry for some time.

"Social Media"

I worked at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote position. It allowed you to work from home.

Cons

None at this time for me.

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Great company culture and very collaborative. Great place to grow

Cons

Recent changes in management leaves some confusion

6. "Collective Bias Inc"

I worked at Collective Bias part-time

Pros

Dogs friendly and nice people, fun place and nature of market

Cons

Not a very diverse company

"Business Dev"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Initially seemed like a fun place to work with a great culture that cared about their employees... until the blinders come off.

Cons

Leadership is run by cowardice, literally zero backbone when the rubber meets the road and sales are low... because it is everyone "else's" fault. With Inmar merger it only got worse... just a larger organization with poor leadership & ethics. Management feels demeaning employees by personal attack should somehow motivate and drive better performance. Social Programs they have to sell in to clients are over priced compared to competition by A LOT.

CB Company Motto - The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, they carry your company... they are not there for you to whip into submission.

"Ship is sinking"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friday afternoons off during the summer and bringing your dog to work!

Cons

Salaries are low, management is unqualified to lead teams, communication is lacking, no bonuses in 2018, incredibly high attrition rate.

9. "Great Culture, HR Nightmare"

I worked at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Amazing company culture centered around everyone working together to achieve a common goal. Great place for burgeoning young professionals to work with experienced staff and industry intellectuals. Benefits, hours, and overall feel we’re great.

Cons

Though forward thinking and progressive, there is a major lack of racial diversity at all levels (you could count them on 1 hand). At times you got, “I’m afraid of [insert dark skin tone] people” vibes. This lack of diversity is fairly typical for the area and results in a lack of mentorship and little opportunity for minorities to vertically progress. Which leads to the greater issue, HR. The free-thinking culture and lax rules leave little room to feel protected or supported when going to HR. Teams are able to act with a complete disrespect for employees time and intelligence, to which management often turns a blind eye. HR and management’s disregard for obvious issues is alarming and sad to see. Hopefully things improve as their acquisition sets in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to innovate. Hire more racial minorities and support them through their employment the same you would any white employee. It will boost innovation and improve office culture and bring in a needed new perspective.

"Great environment"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility with your schedule
    Managers (for the most part) value your growth - professionally and personally

Cons

Positions are underpaid in comparison to industry standards, pretty much across the board

Advice to Management

Keep culture a top priority - it's what makes CB such a great place to work!