Collective Bias Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Collective Bias CEO Bill Sussman
Bill Sussman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Offers a great work life balance and the work is pretty cool (in 6 reviews)

• Dog friendly, semi-open floor plan, cafe and shower facilities, etc (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Time necessary to plan, design, coordinate, and develop for these sold campaigns are constantly far under the required/asked limits (in 2 reviews)

• Play in the niche space of Shopper Influence marketing but even shopper is under duress and budgets are becoming increasingly hard to find and grow (in 2 reviews)

1. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Business Development in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative company that values culture.
    Collaborative and transparent leadership team with scrappy mindset to get things done.
    Collaborative peers who support and encourage workplace happiness.

Cons

Heavy growth mode means wearing multiple hats at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep culture at forefront.

2. "Great Company To Work With"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Fantastic work environment. Very team orientated in that they are all there too see one another succeed.

Cons

No negatives to working with them.

3. "Sr. Account Executive"

I worked at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Offers a great work life balance and the work is pretty cool

Cons

There is often a lot of drama and gossip

"Was a great company, but the ship is now sinking"

I worked at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Great people in every office, the sales and account management teams are top notch and will collaborate and help you whenever you need. Engineering is stellar, pumping out new features and products faster than some major tech companies. Flexible work/life balance, nice office in AR.

Cons

Here we go.. account assignments are completely unbalanced. There are few successful people doing well since they farm all the major accounts while new employees (hunters) are not set up for success but yet they keep hiring. Management has too many layers and most of them don't know how to help, support or develop their teams and are quick to put you on notice without any action plans or development plans in place. Play in the niche space of Shopper Influence marketing but even shopper is under duress and budgets are becoming increasingly hard to find and grow.

Advice to Management

Rethink your middle management and market approach. The natives are getting restless and there will probably be a mass exodus soon if things don't change

5. "Over, a wonderful place to work"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collective Bias has a strong company culture, and my coworkers are a joy to work with! Work-life balance is demonstrated by my peers and leadership.

Cons

Compensation is a bit low, but that is off-set by great benefits and perks!

Advice to Management

Keep the culture strong and keep hiring people who are self-motivated and ambitious!

6. "Wonderful Company"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, fun work environment, good benefits

Cons

Crowded office, open work space

7. "Great company, but we want our bonuses!"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Office perks are great. Snacks, dogs in the office, flexible vacation and nice coworkers.

Cons

Inmar recently acquired CB which is good, but the acquisition caused a several month delay with our bonuses. We were told it would not be December or January and instead February or March. Now it may not even be our March 15th paycheck because we have heard nothing. We worked hard in 2016 and I see my coworkers motivation declining with the lack of visibility and urgency to give us our bonuses.

Advice to Management

Amy C. has been doing a great job keeping our benefits the same through the Inmar acquisition.

8. "Great company, great people"

Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is unparalleled and the company is moving quickly to outpace the competition in the space. Best group of people I have worked with in my career - both personally and professionally.

Cons

Account distribution in sales can be tough and the market is competitive. But the leadership is strong and working to mitigate these challenges.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture rich environment and keep innovating fast!

9. "Overall, A Good Company"

Pros

There are many reasons to love CB! They have great facilities, endless coffee/cokes, Food Truck Fridays, and plenty of fun events that keep the company culture interesting! Most employees are very friendly, open, and willing to help you out. The environment is fast paced and your ideas/talent are generally respected. I found the company/teams to be pretty transparent.

They seem to invest in their employees and all computers/software etc is provided. They have a great vacation policy and are flexible with working from home if needed. The company always feels like it is propelling forward and has a relatively "young" workforce with most management being "older" guiding forces. I don't see this as a negative because, because it was a professional and fun environment filled with fresh ideas. The company could easily pivot toward change.

Interns are paid and pay seemed competitive.

Cons

There seemed to be issues occasionally of the sales people selling in something that wasn't feasible or realistic down the line. Clients tended to have their way and company "policies" were often bent. Clients tended to run the show and most interactions with those third party clients who weren't familiar with "our process" was tense because our process wasn't enforced from the get-go. Also, last minute requests were no strange occurrence.

They often preach an "intern to hire" policy in most departments, but not all. It seems they like to keep a revolving door of paid interns of which only a select few can expect to find jobs despite great work ethic, good reviews, and plenty of work to go around. I believe it's because it is cheaper to keep competent, paid interns on hand for cheap versus paying someone to transition into a full time position with benefits.

Not a whole lot of opportunity for career growth. You could move laterally or one notch up at most in my opinion.

10. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Loved the product, management and energy. Dog friendly, and lots of new things going on every day. Keep it up

Cons

Not enough managers for exec team, so they seem to be scrambling around alot. Although that seems normal for a startup type company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Also- we love summer fridays! They are the best.