College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors Reviews

4.2
College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors  Founder and General Manager Joe Keeley
Joe Keeley
Pros
Cons
  • "It is hard to predict when you will get a nanny job if you are working as an on-call(in 40 reviews)

• "Spontaneous hours, low pay for the amount you have to drive(in 29 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Nanny in San Jose, CA

I have been working at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors part-time for more than a year

Pros

Super flexible hours are offered and management prioritizes their employees' safety and wellbeing.

Cons

During COVID-19 there have been less families willing to have sitters meaning less jobs available.

2. "The absolute BEST!"

Former Employee - Nanny/Sitter in Kingwood, TX

I worked at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors part-time for less than a year

Pros

Sweetest staff, best families to work with, and the cutest kids.

Cons

none none none none none

3. "Perfect job for college students"

Current Employee - Nanny/Sitter in Austin, TX

I have been working at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors part-time for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming staff, great pay, increase pay for traveling, flexible schedule, sweet families

Cons

I don’t have any cons

4. "Good for part-time work if you are looking for an easy way to fill your extra time"

Former Employee - Role Model/Nanny

I worked at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors full-time

Pros

Management is wonderful and cares about their nannies. You choose your hours, so it is an easy way to find work if you have a limited time frame

Cons

Pay is very low in comparison to child-care average salary in Denver, so did not provide a sustainable income

5. "Please review before working to see if right fit"

2.0
    Current Employee - Role Model in Frisco, TX

I have been working at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors part-time

Pros

Great work values and some families are fun.

Cons

Spontaneous hours, low pay for the amount you have to drive. I make more babysitting privately

Continue reading
  6. "Good"

Former Employee - Nanny in Houston, TX

I worked at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was something I was used to and people were friendly

Cons

Sometimes the people were inconsistent with my hours.

7. "Idk"

Former Employee - Babysitter in Mill Creek, WA

I worked at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved working with different kids

Cons

Very long drives for me everyday and hours were different almost everyday.

8. "GREAT"

Current Employee - Nanny/Sitter in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Self made schedule, friendly environment

Cons

low pay, sometimes drives are far

9. "Great place, but..."

Current Employee - Nanny/Sitter in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

You can choose the jobs you want

Cons

Very last minute, hard to plan when you're working and personal things

10. "You can definitely find a better job, babe."

2.0
    Former Employee - Nanny/Sitter in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only good thing that came out of my experience here is that i met some really cool families & kids. That’s it.

Cons

The thing about college nannies is it works for a while, & then you get so tired of it you end up hating the company at the end & you quit. I started working here in the summer of 2019 after i was told i’d be able to get some good hours in & make some money to save for school. I had a fully open schedule & even asked my manager for placement families & i was still the poorest i had ever been that summer. Not only that but you get paid LESS THAN HALF of what the parents pay college nannies. Let that sink in. The amount of work you do for the wage is ridiculous & embarrassing. This company is run by millionaires, trust me, i know. I’ve been to a conference with ALL of them. There’s no reason their employees should be making less than half of what the parents pay ESPECIALLY when child care is such an essential & demanding service. Now, let’s talk about management. When i began with the company i had one manager who was the sweetest, most genuinely caring person i had ever gotten the chance to work with. She would call me every friday simply to make sure i was doing okay & check up on me. I’ve never had a manager do that before. Now, because of how bad this company is, nannies would quit left & right & it got to the point where my manager was facing so much hardship trying to get families nannies that we didn’t have or actually being forced to go nanny herself, that she quit. After she quit, i was never introduced to a new manager, but i would here a new name after every few months. I only worked there for a year but i believe i went through at least 4-5 new managers & they never told us who they were. They never made an effort to get the know the employees or introduce themselves or make any connection whatsoever. By the time i quit in April 2020, i was so disconnected from the company already, they didn’t care to see me go, they didn’t even respond to my email.

Continue reading