College Nannies and Tutors Reviews

• Part-time
3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe Keeley

Pros
  • I love CNT because I get to meet lots of great kids and families, and its a great experience in working with kids in an educational capacity (in 5 reviews)

• Flexible hours, good people as well as good location (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Jobs can cancel last minute on you which can be hard to deal with (in 7 reviews)

• There are no benefits, or even some type of way to pay your student loans back through them (in 7 reviews)

"Working for CNT"

Current Employee - On Call Nanny
    Current Employee - On Call Nanny

Pros

I began working for College Nannies + Tutors in November 2015, and I'm already experiencing one of the best times of my career. The management team is always efficient with scheduling, payroll, and keep employees informed and encouraged while working in the field. They show great concern about the families we serve and the nannies who care for them. CNT is one of the best organization I've ever worked with. Great flexibility. Keep up the good work!

Cons

Just wish there was a designated time for the employees to meet with management/administrative team to get more aqainted, in person.

Advice to Management

Have a "Meet & Greet" or something similar every so often, as you possibly can.

2. "Pretty Good Organization to Kick Off Your Childcare Career"

Former Employee - Tutor in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Tutor in Los Altos, CA

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors (Less than a year)

Pros

They match you with a family for a good fit Management was good and would check in from time to time You and the family works out your schedule

Cons

Keeping track of what you did in all your sessions while filling out the timesheets

3. "Experience as an on-call nanny"

Former Employee - Production Assistant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in McLean, VA

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

College nannies and tutors uses an app to keep track of all assignments that is very easy to use. You must update it with your availability regularly or your boss will text you all the time with assignments. Most families I saw were very nice.

Cons

Some assignments were very far away and they don't reimburse for gas required to get to the location. Some assignments were assigned for two days without meeting the family first. So you are committed for two days of care without knowing how that experience will be. Also the pay did not correspond to the number of children you were caring for. So I would be paid $12 an hour for 3 kids.

Advice to Management

You should change the pay to correspond with the number of children cared for, base rate for two children $12 and it should go up $3 for additional children. It's hard looking after 3 kids at the same time!

5. "Tutor"

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time

Pros

Really nice management and fun place to work

Cons

You can't call in sick

6. "Overall good experience"

Pros

It's awesome to be able to pick up nannying jobs at your convenience. The families that are associated are always friendly and you are guaranteed payment.

Cons

Jobs can cancel last minute on you which can be hard to deal with. Sometimes jobs can be far away and the schedule can be so short that sometimes it's not worth it.

7. "Awesome and progressive company"

Current Employee - Aid in Truckee, CA
    Current Employee - Aid in Truckee, CA

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to submit your hours and schedule and the app is very helpful. They prescreen families to make it easy and safer

Cons

I don't think there is any cons to the program the only thing I can think of is most nanny jobs are under the table and this isn't

Advice to Management

Your awesome

8. "CNT Opportunities from a Nanny/Campus Ambassador"

Current Employee - Nanny/Campus Ambassador in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny/Campus Ambassador in Austin, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

CNT offers a ton of opportunities to their employees so that the job is really suited to your wants and needs. I started out as a part-time Nanny, but after about a year I became a Campus Ambassador, which is essentially a recruiter for CNT that focuses on my college campus. CNT is very flexible and works off of your school/work schedule (if you have another job). You put all your available hours into a calendar and the company schedules you jobs with families. CNT is a great job to have long term while you're in school, and even after school. Lots of people continue to work for the company after graduation as CNT has so many opportunities to move up in the company.

Cons

It is necessary that you have a car so that you can drive to jobs, so that's something to consider if you don't have means to travel. Sometimes the jobs can be a ways away, but if they're over a certain number of miles you get a gas stipend.

"Ok for a little extra money, very little...."

Current Employee - Tutor
    Current Employee - Tutor

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time

Pros

Set your own hours Good quality working space/office A good mix of students who are eager to learn Nice people

Cons

Pay could be much better considering you could make double/triple/quadruple(some cases) the amount on your own. Each store is different but the nanny business is the driving force, so tutor scheduling can be hap-hazard, sloppy and stressful at times. While the owner/manager does want the students to succeed, every now and then you're reminded that what they really want is money.

Advice to Management

Trying to do everything on your own is tough. If you can get your margins together to pay the tutors more you could attract more tutors, cultivate a stronger community, and you might find your job getting easier and easier with tutors willing to invest more of themselves into the business. (i.e. grass roots recruitment, advertising, and a strong sense of responsibility to the business)

10. "Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

I love CNT because I get to meet lots of great kids and families, and its a great experience in working with kids in an educational capacity. I love working placement because I get to spend lots of time with the kids and become part of the family.

Cons

Management is sometimes tricky. The rules seem to be changing all the time and there is no handbook that gets handed out. They have am" training but it is essentially the same thing over and over again.

Advice to Management

I would come up with a shareable document with procedures for nannies to view on whatever system the so choose.

11. "child care and housekeeper"

Current Employee - House Keeper and Nanny in Mystic, CT
    Current Employee - House Keeper and Nanny in Mystic, CT

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The smiles on the children's face every time I watch them as soon as I walk in the door!

Cons

Having the leave the children. I enjoy working with kids!

RSS Feed </> Embed