College Nannies and Tutors Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Joe Keeley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Nice employers and has flexible hours (in 16 reviews)

• Control over schedule, working with kids (if you like kids) (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is low for on-call assignments (in 12 reviews)

• Low nanny pay in comparison with going rates in area and how much families are being charged, No raises, No benefits (in 15 reviews)

1. "They are an excellent company."

Former Employee - Remote Tutor in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Remote Tutor in Edina, MN

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have great directors who work cohesively with their Nannies and their Tutors.

Cons

When sending tutor to a school, they aren't sure if there will be students there to tutor.

Advice to Management

When sending students to school locations make sure there are going to be students for the tutors to work with.

2. "Great job opportunity!"

Current Employee - Nanny in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Nanny in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time

Pros

College nannies and tutors has provided me with an opportunity to have a part time job while pursuing my college career! They are very flexible and work with your schedule. Everyone that I have had contact with has been very friendly and easy to talk to. I have enjoyed working with many different families and encourage others to try this company out if they enjoy working with kids and are seeking employment, whether it's full time or part time.

Cons

I haven't had any problems!

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Nanny in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Nanny in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, availability is flexible, all families are fun and easy to work for, staff is always there to answer any questions you may have.

Cons

Full time during the summer is often overtime

4. "Great management and great pay."

Current Employee - Nanny in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Nanny in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really acknowledges how much work you do and they give you a lot of freedom. They have tons of different opportunities to advance and even have a "Nanny college" where you can earn early childhood education credits if you are interested in a career that requires that. Every so often they set up a lot of events to get you to meet your co-workers, and they are really fun!

Cons

Sometimes you get a bad family, but that isn't a con of the company just a con of being a Nanny or tutor no matter where you are.

5. "Working at CN&T has been very fulfillin for me. The students are motivated and hard-working and the management is great!"

Current Employee - Tutor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Tutor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The students I work with are very motivated and hard-working. The other employees are always willing to help if I ask for it. Chuck is awesome to work with and very understanding if I need time off due to my school schedule.

Cons

The office I chose to work at is about 25 minutes from where I live, which is a bit of a trek if I am only scheduled to work 1 hour.

6. "Great place to work with"

Current Employee - Live-In Nanny in Oro Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Live-In Nanny in Oro Valley, AZ

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, understanding, easy-going, friendly, helpful

Cons

There are limited jobs and it is hard to find something that really works specifically with your current schedule

7. "Working for College Nannies and Tutors has given me the opportunity to work with a variety of families."

Former Employee - Nanny in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Nanny in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

make your own schedule
    good families

Cons

last minute job opportunities
    commuting time

"I love working here. The staff and vast majority of students are great."

Current Employee - Tutor in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Tutor in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working as a tutor at CNT. The manager and owner really care about employee satisfaction. In the year I have worked there they have been very flexible with scheduling, have given me 3 raises, and have quickly covered my tutor sessions during times of illness and family emergencies.

Cons

There is not room for growth in this field. You can increase the number of students in your schedule or become a supervisor if the position opens up (there is only one tutor supervisor.) I don't consider this a con, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Bethesda, MD

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collage Nannies is a good company to work with, The manager is very understand when it comes to having a to cancel a job at the last minute. You can make your own schedule which has to be submitted on a weekly basis. It is a different family every time unless a family likes you and asks for you again.

Cons

Sometimes you don't get any work because there are too many on call nannies

Advice to Management

Try not to hire to many on call nannies because then there will be less work for the other nannies.

College Nannies and Tutors Response

Jun 18, 2014 – Nanny Placement Mgr

Thanks for the review! We are glad that our nannies feel they can come to us with any issues and get a compassionate response; however, last-minute call-outs, while handled well by our management... More

10. "Perfect college job!"

Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Danville, CA
    Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Danville, CA

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was an on-call nanny for the Danville, CA location when they first started and I loved it! Flexible with your schedule. Great families. Trustworthy company. The pay was great. They helped pay for gas.

Cons

I would get texts really early in the morning and late at night for jobs that needed to be filled for the next day. It's not a bad thing if you want more hours though!

Advice to Management

You were great!