College Success Foundation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Yolanda Watson Spiva

1. "Passionate people in the organization"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at College Success Foundation (More than a year)

Pros

Tremendous colleague network of resources.

Cons

HR needs a lot of help

2. "Inclusive, Structured, and Rewarding"

I have been working at College Success Foundation full-time

Pros

I enjoy working with passionate colleagues, an attentive and engaging HR department, and an environment that values the well-being of the employees. I truly love going to work every day. Management is attentive to suggestions and situations, and I had opportunity for advancement quickly. The mission of the organization is amazing and always present in day-to-day decisions.

Cons

There has been some restructuring, though management has been thoroughly transparent about changes, and attentive to input form the employees. Days can be hectic, slow, or unpredictable, but I feel like that is the challenge you accept to work at a successful nonprofit.

3. "Great Mission Poor Vision"

Former Employee - Hero in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Hero in Seattle, WA

Pros

Serving students and creating opportunities for success at school sites was the reward.

Cons

Not a stepping stone for advancement. Leadership is unengaged and employees are not valued. No encintive to do your best or share ideas.

Advice to Management

Your getting in the way. Move....

5. "Great place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at College Success Foundation (More than a year)

Pros

Great place with a wonderful mission. People are very passionate.

Cons

Parking can be a challenge due to who we share the building with.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Absolutely Disfunctional Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

I have been working at College Success Foundation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good retirement contribution. However they have cut several benefits recently - I'm sure this will be on the chopping block in the next round.

Cons

In the 15 years I have been in the work force, I have never been treated with such disrespect and blatant disregard as I have as an employee at College Success Foundation. Come to think of it, I wasn't treated this way by my kindergarten teacher. If you are looking for a job where the CEO never shows up to work, leadership doesn't speak to the mignons, and no one has any idea what their colleagues are working on - this is the place for you! It's such a shame that such an incredible mission is being wasted on the personal gain of a very few.

"I absolutely love working at CSF! I truly believe in what the organization supports and am excited to see what's next."

Current Employee - Pre-College Services Program Assistant in Issaquah, WA
    Current Employee - Pre-College Services Program Assistant in Issaquah, WA

Pros

Friendly environment, CSF takes very good care of you, everyone is helpful and nice

Cons

Interview process timeline takes quite a long time, waiting a couple months to hear back.

8. "Good Place to work"

I have been working at College Success Foundation full-time

Pros

There's a lot of room for creativity. Employees are given a great deal of autonomy to do their jobs.

Cons

Sometimes the work load can be overwhelming.

"Administrative"

I worked at College Success Foundation full-time

Pros

The idea of the mission is exciting and heartwarming. There are so many people to network with and really great people to meet. Because turnover is so high, you get to learn a lot of skills in a fast paced environment. Really good spring board if you want to network and find a better place that fits your passion. Working with students is always a high point. Insurance was pretty good and affordable. Lots of vacation and flexibility with many managers.

Cons

Management and higher level is secretive, and old fashioned. No room for movement since turnover is high and positions and responsibilities get absorbed and forced onto others.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your people. it doesn't make sense to take employee surveys for them to not effect anything in the long run. Address the high turnover rate with your staff and then other people won't get scared and take off too.

10. "Senior Program Officer"

I worked at College Success Foundation full-time

Pros

The mission and vision statement.

Cons

HR does not have it's stuff together. They use practices that do not give all employees due process.

Advice to Management

Use fair practices and have someone monitor HR.

11. "I Think I'm Finally Over the PTSD"

I worked at College Success Foundation full-time

Pros

Working side by side with awesome caring & committed colleagues. Pretty good benefits, though not as good as they once were, they are still better than a lot of places.

Cons

Very old fashioned attitude as far as being hierarchical and top down, shocking if you come in from other non profits where this has gone away long ago. Also managers don't know or care how to invest in their team's engagement and professional development, especially the hourly people. Everyone gets frozen into the job they start with, or an expanded version with more work and slightly higher pay but no real "promotion". Most employees figure it out after a couple years and leave for better jobs, which explains the high turnover. CEO is rarely seen on the premises, and has slashed and burned the heart out of what used to be distinctives of CSF that made people happy to work there.

Advice to Management

Open up board meetings to rank and file once in a blasted while. Get out of your echo chamber and listen to the voices of the other stakeholders in the organization so you can see the whole picture, not just the parts that you want to see.