Collegewise Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2019

Found 2 reviews

4.0
Joel Block
  1. "Great Company, Enjoyable Work"

Current Employee - Editor in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Collegewise for less than a year

Pros

Copious amount of work to be done during peak months. Paid two cents a word (which is slightly better than average). Satisfying work; it was a real pleasure to work with students to achieve a phenomenal, personal piece of writing, something they were proud of. I, also, felt great at the end of my work day. I felt as if my work was important and meaningful. I love this job and only wish there was a year-round option.

Cons

Only busy August through November. Not a lot of support; I had to figure out much on my own. I jumped in cold in when the company was busiest because college deadline needed to be met. My supervisor had a hard time giving straight answers to my direct questions. No co-worker support.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication between the supervisor and editors. Also, it was sometimes lonely knowing there were other editors doing the same thing I was, yet I had no way of contacting or connecting with them. Perhaps it would be useful to be a better communication system besides the email we used. I often missed important notices and queries because I'd work and forget to regularly check my email (regularly,...

Collegewise2019-02-21

"Wonderful Company with Some Hiccups"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Collegewise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Through training for counselors Rewarding work Flexible vacation days Most people are kind

Cons

Can be cliquey Not sure how to handle non counselor roles

Advice to Management

Overall, working for this company was wonderful. My only advice would be to make sure you spend some time on helping and supporting and developing roles other than counselors as your company continues to grow. I know these other roles are fairly new but they can’t work for you effectively if you don’t know how to use them.

Collegewise2018-07-05