Collegiate Entrepreneurs Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Eric Crews

Pros
  • Running a business is rewarding work (in 12 reviews)

• I then was a Branch Manager (sophomore - junior year), District Manager (junior (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The Branch Manager program is very time consuming, and requires a great amount of mental strength (in 10 reviews)

• Hard work will bring success and a great experience, this job isn't meant for students who are not hard working and don't have the drive for success (in 9 reviews)

1. "Life Changing"

Current Employee - Executive Regional Manager in Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Executive Regional Manager in Bangor, ME

I have been working at Collegiate Entrepreneurs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This experience provides ease of transition into the future while gaining valuable professional and life skills. Positive personal growth is inevitable!

Cons

It is not the right fit for everyone. This is a challenging program, but if you have the tenacity and drive to be successful then you WILL be. You will only go as far as your mentality will let you.

Advice to Management

Always keep your ultimate goal in mind and realize this is a great opportunity to have before entering the post grad world.

2. "Branch/Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Great leadership building opportunity, excels at changing the lives of Students and furthering dreams.

Cons

Must put in work. Tough job, rewarding but tough.

3. "Great Opportunity Regardless of Desired Career Path"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Rutland, VT
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Rutland, VT

I worked at Collegiate Entrepreneurs (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands on experience in management, sales, marketing, and customer service. Allows for the kind of growth through doing most can't get until their 30's.

Cons

Because each manager is solely responsible for their company, employees, and decisions, the job is very difficult and trying, but there is no great growth without great effort.

Advice to Management

Keep changing lives. Senior management is highly inspirational.

"OK experience"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Braintree, MA

I worked at Collegiate Entrepreneurs (Less than a year)

Pros

You get out of it what you put into it, so if you want to learn a lot, work hard, and make a very solid income over the summer, it is a good option

Cons

Leadership and management there is pretty poor. Poorly organized, training program should be much better. Company culture is more about you making the company money than you learning traits about running a company/ being an Entrepreneur

Advice to Management

Invest more in your workers. Change company culture.

"CE - Changed My Life"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Burlington, VT

I have been working at Collegiate Entrepreneurs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Running a business is rewarding work. You will grow as a person through hard work and determination, and shape your leadership skills in a phenomenal way. I now have the confidence to do much more with my life, both professionally and personally, than ever before. A+++

Cons

Running a business comes with real life stressors. If you are not ready to be challenged mentally and professionally, then this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep changing lives. Managing daily goals helps efficiency and effectiveness, and I think the management here does a very good job with that.

"Collegiate Entrepreneurs takes above average college students and changes there lives though entrepreneurs."

Current Employee - Executive Regional Manager in Kingston, RI
    Current Employee - Executive Regional Manager in Kingston, RI

I have been working at Collegiate Entrepreneurs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collegiate Entrepreneurs is one big family. The President and Vice President purely run this internship to better the youth of America and make the next generation the best one yet. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to set them self apart from there peers.

Cons

The program is very time consuming and is not for the mentally weak. Only hard workers and driven people succeed.

Advice to Management

My advice for management would be to never stop trying to change lives.

"A Story to Tell"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Brunswick, ME
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Brunswick, ME

Pros

The world of entrepreneurship is full of up's and down's, but through my entrepreneurial journey this company was with me every step of the way. During my time here I've fallen in entrepreneurship. At the same time I've undergone one of the most challenging transformations of my life. The journey was hard, but in the end I can say this company has given me one of the most comprehensive crash courses in entrepreneurship that I could ask for.

Cons

The program is truly a trial by fire. Entrepreneurship isn't for the faint at heart, only those who are really passionate about learning to run a business make it out the other side.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the values. They were what allowed me to make it through this program and they're what made me the successful person I am today.

9. "Worst Company In the World?"

Former Employee - Painter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Painter in Boston, MA

Pros

There were absolutely no pros to working here.

Cons

I'll keep it short and sweet - I worked here for 1.5 months working 50 hour weeks during summers home from college. I painted up on 70 foot ladders with no safety equipment, and was encouraged to go higher when I didn't feel comfortable by my bosses boss who showed up once a week.

Long story short - I got my first check for roughly 300 hours of work.... $250.

They proceeded to tell me I had another check coming, how much u ask? $100.

Used and abused. Can't trust anyone these days.

Advice to Management

Whoever is approving this chop shop should be put in jail. I wouldnt be suprised if I heard of someone dying on the job from falling from a ladder

10. "Painter"

Former Employee - Painter in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Painter in Burlington, VT

I worked at Collegiate Entrepreneurs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A job that will pay you minimum wage and give you hours for the summer.

Cons

Not a professional organization, you will never hit your bonuses. Don't believe that hype. Run by college kids so there's a lot of disorganization. Cold calling is rough. My manager actually did a pretty good job but it's a tough position to be in as an employee.

Advice to Management

Better initial training

"My Journey"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Portland, ME

Pros

I have been working at Collegiate Entrepreneurs(CE) for over two years and it has been has been the most fulfilling job that I have done in my life so far. I have learned more about running a business and how to be a manager by doing this program than I have in any of my business management courses at my University.
        My experience with CE so far has been rewarding, It has had its up and downs; Times when I thought the job was too difficult for me and I wanted to quit, but by pushing through it and being able to reflect on my experiences both in success and failures has really allowed my to grow as a person.
        After my first year with working CE I was promoted to the junior executive team and the best part of my job is working with new branch managers as they go their first entrepreneurial experience, helping them to grow and become successful. Knowing that I have been able to change the lives of others is the most rewarding part about working with CE as an Executive.

Cons

Working with CE has been the most difficult thing that I have done in my life. Upon reflection of each step of my journey I realized that if I had quit during the moments that I wanted to I would not have gotten what I got out of the program and I would probably hate CE right now.
    With that being said I would say that this program is not for people who like to have a solid structure in their work, are not able to problem solve and give up if something doesn't work the first, second or even the third time. If this sounds like you don’t do this program you will not like it, probably work make it through the whole things and most likely end up hating CE.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to make sure that you have the right executives in your company, ones that want to be there to grow everyone who is going through the program. The executive is really the cornerstone to making an okay manage good and a good manage great.