- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Orange, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - South Pasadena, CA
- - Pasadena, CA
- - Costa Mesa, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - Oakland, CA
- - Walnut Creek, CA
- - San Diego, CA Area
- - San Diego, CA
- Brazil - All Cities
- - Rio Grande do Sul
Found 22 of over 23 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 18, 2021 - Law ClerkRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I had wonderful experience here and learned a lot from the knowledgeable supervising partners and associate attorneys. Helpful and organized staff.
There are no cons in my opinion.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep 15, 2022 - Associate Attorney in South Pasadena, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Lots of Experience, cogenial environment
Lower base pay, culture nonexistent
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 15, 2022 - Legal Assistant in Pasadena, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Remote work except for two Wednesdays per month in office.
Training is non existent & there are tons of redundant processes/procedures. No equipment provided for WFH.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 7, 2021 - Post-Bar Law Clerk in Oakland, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people to work with!
Post-Bar pay is lower than expected.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jun 29, 2021 - Associate Attorney in Walnut Creek, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Mentorship programs bonuses available per quarter
Hour requirements per quarter Time off
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 29, 2021 - Legal Secretary in Costa Mesa, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good medical benefits; 401K matching
Low Pay; minimal PTO; management leaves a lot to be desired!
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jun 3, 2021 - Legal AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits are above-average - and the firm was stable enough to survive Covid.
The administration is horrible! If you are "staff" you can forget about anyone caring about you AND the salary they bring you in with may seem fair at the time, but that's the last fair thing they will do for you. The time off is a joke. Maybe I'm spoiled but 2 weeks of vacation for the first 5 years isn't what I would call "good"Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Feb 10, 2021 - Associate Attorney in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The training for young attorneys is awesome and the associates are friendly. The firm was already on the cloud so the transition to on-line work due to Covid was seamless. There is a lot of work and growing number of attorneys and staff. The cases are interesting and varied. No one is looking over your shoulder constantly. Staff is extremely professional. After speaking to my friends in other firms, I would say I made the right choice. I have been contacted by headhunters but no firm can match my current salary at Collins, so I think it is above market for non-AM 100 firms in terms of pay. I bill a normal day and no one has ever complained, so I would say work/life balance is pretty good compared to the bigger firms.
I can't think of anything unusual or different from any other job in terms of personalities--some people are easier to deal with than others but I have never seen that as a drawback--that's just life. No apparent problems related to the pandemic. There is a certain percent of people who have been there forever and then a certain percent (mostly newer attorneys) who are mobile. I guess is probably normal in terms of people getting a year or two under their belt and then moving on because the grass is greener somewhere else. People have to find the right fit for them.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb 26, 2021 - Attorney in San Diego, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Significant experience from the get go.
Poor leadership and poor culture
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 8, 2020 - Law ClerkRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Everyone is very willing to help and actually cares about you. Doesn't feel as stuffy as some other firms
High billable requirements compared to compensation