Collins Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Collins Consulting full-time

Pros

Nice Work Atmosphere, Excellent Management, and even better Clients.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication and cross training!

2. "Sad Place"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Collins Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

convenient location, near restaurants, shopping and transportation

Cons

Oppressive management, Recruiters not allowed to think or work on own. Complete recycle of recruiters every few months, so don't look at this as a long-term position. You'll never be good enough.

Advice to Management

You hired professionals, let them do their work.

3. "Decent subcontractor"

Former Employee - Map Specialist Level III in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Map Specialist Level III in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Collins Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They were efficient in getting me situated with the general contractor I had to report to.

Cons

There was no feedback from Collins Consulting about how my job was going in relation to the general contractor

Advice to Management

Take an interest in your employees through routine correspondence about how they like their job.

5. "Collins consulting"

Former Employee - Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Collins Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

Made it relatively easy to contract for work with a federal agency. Folks at Collins were easy to work with and accessible on the phone.

Cons

Annual leave did not become available until I had worked at Collins for a year. On the other hand, it did accrue over the course of my first year.

"Great People"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Naperville, IL

I worked at Collins Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great, and management is easy to get along with. Truly a worth while position to get into if you are just starting out in recruiting. Will encourage you to learn and more or less pick the phone up and call, that's what recruiting is. Great experience learning the tricks of the trade and getting your foot in the door.

Benefits good and standard. They take care of you and want you to succeed. Regular weekly meeting to go over task and priorities very helpful and to the point. Work life balance is pretty good if you need it you can have it, very flexible and they respect everyone who works there's time and effort.

Cons

Turnover, really hurt, but that is the name of the game in recruiting it's about quality and quantity. Not much growth potential really, but company give you a good foundation.

Advice to Management

Offer more incentives and raise commission. Explain roles further to people so they get a good understanding and can recruit more successfully.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Collins Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collins Consulting Inc. values and appreciates it's employees, and shows it often. Their approach towards recruiting is process driven, which seeks results from repeated efforts instead of demanding results and micromanaging the staff. Previous staffing firms I've worked for required tedious tracking of all activity, which created an environment where you were constantly looking over your shoulder.

Here at Collins we are given a great deal of autonomy, which works well for me. I am a self driven person, who aims to win, and being allowed to run my own desk, my way, has helped me be very successful, and reduces the level of stress.

From my experience, in order to find success at Collins Consulting Inc., you definitely need to be a self starter, who thinks outside the box, and isn't afraid to set trends and rock the boat when you know you have a good idea, and feel it will be in the best interest of the business.

Pros
    - Fair Wages / Commission Structure
    - Generous Paid time Off and Holidays
    - Fantastic Location in Schaumburg, IL
    - Approachable Management
    - Affordable Health Care / Health Care Options
    - Business Casual Dress Code / Free Parking

Cons

As far as the downsides here at Collins, the main issue is pure volume of workload. From a job security standpoint, there are PLENTY of positions to work, and in turn collect commissions, but sometimes it seems you barely get a moment to breath before the new wave of open jobs come in.

Some of the staff tends to dwell on the negative at times. However, this is not purposeful, and more of a bad habit, created over the years. Management has been very active in interacting with the recruitment team to stay focused on the positive.

Cons
    - Large workload volume can seem endless.
    - Limited Retirement Plan (no match)
    - Limited Life Insurance Options (Employee Funded)

Advice to Management

Continue to keep an open door approach and maintain the great work/life balance. Emphasize professional growth and lead by example. Hold the staff accountable to commitments, and continue to develop standardize processes, which will assist with time management, and keep the staff on track.

8. "Opportunity to Grow"

Former Employee - Sales Support in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Collins Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While working for Collins, I have been given the opportunity to learn and grow. It is with great initiative and the willingness to learn that I was able to grow into several different roles. I appreciate that Collins has invested in me to allow me to grow in my strengths. From what I have experienced, I see that it is important for Collins to be a company of integrity. It is a balance to satisfy both the client’s needs as well as their employees.

Cons

Collins has a large volume of orders to fulfill, Collins has a large volume of orders to fulfill which in itself is not a Con. They could achieve more if they brought on more folks to help with the volume.

"All and all, a good company to work for !!!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Collins Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Collins for about a year, and i must say that over that course of time there are a bunch of pros for working here. Firstly, the company's staff (both employees and management) are all friendly, relatable, and easy to work with. In addition, the management works with individual recruiters to cater to their strengths and teach them the ways of success in this industry. The management is also really good at allowing their employees to maintain their work life balance.
    There are also other smaller perks which spice up the recruiting experience, like friendly team competitions from time to time. Last year there was a competition for an all expenses paid trip to New York, which was really fun.

Cons

Collins is located in Schaumburg, which can be cumbersome to commute to from some suburbs and Chicago. However, management is very reasonable about being delayed by traffic for all their employees.

"Needs Improving..."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Collins Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly coworkers of same age
    - Personal desks
    - Earn PTO right away

Cons

- No Headsets for high amount of phone usage
    - Typical cubical posiiton
    - Very numbers driven (monitor phone usage, minutes inbound and outbound)
    - Unrealistic weekly goals
    - Hardly any personal or face-to-face interaction with client or candidates
    - Management "not on the same page"
    - Very difficult to make commission
    - Office is very boring and dull
    - Very little training after hiring
    - Management rude to recruiters when they make mistakes
    - Technology of office equipment is very old and interferes with work quite often (outdated)
    - Micromanaging from Managers
    - Office is heavy on paper usage and has no recycling (lack of social responsibility)
    - Small company (no vertical movement)

Advice to Management

Make sure that you are all on the same page. Recruiters shouldn't be getting in trouble because of disagreements in different processes that different managers would rather do and others wouldn't.

11. "A great opportunity to build a solid foundation in Recruiting."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Collins Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While I was originally concerned about the previous Glassdoor reviews, I have found Collins Consulting to be a very positive experience. Throughout my first six months at Collins, I have been provided one-on-one training of all the aspects of IT Recruiting. It definitely has been a hit the ground running opportunity, but success is achievable by applying the lessons learned throughout the first three months. Both upper management and the account managers offer great insight on how to improve your recruiting techniques with every new job. The salary + commission pay structure allows for a team oriented, yet competitive work environment. Also after a recent expansion there are now individual work areas available for the entire team. Judging from the previous reviews there have been many adjustments made to their previous management techniques.

Cons

The previous negative reviews are discomforting and raise concerns about the possibility of building longevity there.

Advice to Management

Continue the improvements and you will build a stronger, more versatile recruiting team.