KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.0
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. President and CEO Tim Arnold
Tim Arnold

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Training was good.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 36 reviews)
  • "Good benefits, products, and culture(in 30 reviews)
  • "Colonial has a great culture from the top down(in 21 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule, good support from Management, opportunities are there if willing to work hard.(in 17 reviews)
Cons
  • "Commission only and even if you try your hardest there is a possibility that you will not succeed (as any commission job is).(in 64 reviews)
  • "Micro management and do not care about employee(in 26 reviews)
  • "2 years) with no salary at all and will pressure you to work for them.(in 20 reviews)
  • "If you don't get out and 'get the yes' then you won't make any money at all.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Sales representatives and managers are 1099 employees, so you do have to work to earn your income.(in 16 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic culture, support, and training

Jul 30, 2022 - DGA - District General Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful company and product. Loads of resources to run your business. The core team is incredibly supportive and ready to help in any way.

Cons

1099 sales isn’t for everyone, but for those who are entrepreneurial, it’s a panacea.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

This is so great to hear! We partner closely with our managers to provide access to resources that help them develop into strong leaders. The fact that you felt supported and mentioned the strength of your leadership is reassuring that our sales teams are in good hands and set up for success. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this, and we will share this with our team.

2. 4.0

Top Tier Insurance Company

Aug 1, 2022 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, contemporary and progressive organization

Cons

Ramp up challenging but required

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you for this great review! We’re committed to offering our people an environment they can thrive in. We‘re happy to hear about your positive experience with Colonial Life and can’t thank you enough for this valuable feedback that reassures us we are committing to the promise we make to our sales partners and team members.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Benefits are great

Jul 31, 2022 - Billing Specialist in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, career advancement opportunities, team environment

Cons

Not hiring enough people to back fill positions. Job eliminations due to outsourcing some production jobs.

Continue reading

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you! We’re proud to be able to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our eligible employees. We’re so happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Colonial Life and truly appreciate your feedback.

4. 5.0

ADM

Jul 28, 2022 - Agency Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just started in my position

Cons

No cons at the moment

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you for this great review, and welcome to the team!

5. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited training and support, large bonus, and income potential! This is a great place to get your own business started!

Cons

You must have an entrepreneur mindset.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you for this five-star review! It makes our day to hear that Colonial Life is making a positive impact on your life. We're so happy to hear that you feel supported and mentioned the strength of your leadership is reassuring that our sales teams are in good hands and set up for success.

6. 5.0

Unparalleled Support

Jun 30, 2022 - Territory Sales Trainer (SSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to begin a career in the insurance industry. Colonial Life has amazing support from both the home office team and at a local level. Success is attainable for those who come into this business with the drive and determination to reach their goals and create a steady and solid income for themselves and their families.

Cons

Very hard work at the beginning and a lot to learn if you're new to the industry.

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you for this great review! Colonial Life is committed to offering our people an environment they can thrive in. We‘re happy to hear about your positive experience with us and can’t thank you enough for this valuable feedback that reassures us we are committing to the promise we make to our sales partners and team members.

7. 5.0

Great team, solid company

Jun 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training and support, Great technology

Cons

None that I can think of if you do your job!

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

This is so great to hear! We partner closely with our managers to provide access to resources that help them develop into strong leaders. The fact that you felt supported and mentioned the strength of your training is reassuring that our sales teams are in good hands and set up for success. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this and we will share this with our team.

8. 5.0

Great job

Jun 22, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super fun job if your a go getter and willing to do the work.

Cons

1099 employee. Not much to complain about

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you for this five-star review! We‘re happy to hear about your positive experience with Colonial Life and can’t thank you enough for taking the time to leave this valuable feedback that reassures us we are committing to the promise we make to our sales partners and team members.

9. 5.0

Agent

Jun 19, 2022 - Licensed Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Back office problems due to covid

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you for this! We‘re happy to hear about your positive experience with Colonial Life and can’t thank you enough for this valuable feedback that reassures us we are committing to the promise we make to our sales partners and team members.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place for new agents

Jun 12, 2022 - Account Executive in McAllen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

* positive and friendly environment * you are your own boss * great training available

Cons

* commission pay * job comes with a lot of rejection for clients

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Response

Thank you so much for this five-star review! We partner closely with our managers to provide access to resources that help them develop into strong leaders. The fact that you felt supported and mentioned the strength of your leadership is reassuring that our sales teams are in good hands and set up for success. We really appreciate you taking the time to share this and we will share this with our team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 595 Reviews
</>Embed

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Reviews FAQs

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 826 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

72% of Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Job Seekers