Colonial Penn Life Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 53 reviews

2.0
Colonial Penn Life Insurance CEO Joel Schwartz
Joel Schwartz
  1. "Senior Insurance Agent"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits, the company will pay for your insurance licenses for all 50 states.

Cons

Poor management... The average educational level of the supervisors is an 8th grade equivalent. The rules and regulations are not disseminated equally. The management team is so afraid to do the right thing in fear of losing their job.

Advice to Management

Hire professional, educated supervisors who takes pride in their writing and verbal skills. Be consistent in applying rules and regulations. Learn to value and appreciate good employees.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2017-03-01

"SMH CPL"

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

It promotes good health and gets involved in the community. Volunteer opportunities and excerice equipement.

Cons

To many in my opinion. And they change job positions with out notice and fire left and right. Fired more than 30 % of people since the ceo started few years back. Morale is gooonnnnnneeee. Work people like machines and slaves.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2017-01-25
  3. "Insurance agent /customer service"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent/Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

good company to work for a little while

Cons

cant keep people for a long time

Advice to Management

be more understanding to people

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-12-09

"Telesales"

Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

Good Benefits, excellent training, It was fun working there

Cons

Pressure to make sales every day

Advice to Management

Be compassionate

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-12-01
  5. "The dialer system"

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The job is okay so far depending on who your Sup is it seems like. They employees are cool and it's a nice location. I guess the base pay is okay for this job.

Cons

The dialer system is the worst. You call the same ppl every hour if they don't answer all day and the next day. There are bonus options but no commissions and people don't realize there is a difference.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-10-17

"Fake review"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It's nice to receive a paycheck so that bills can be paid. Some of the folks who work here are really special and hard working people.

Cons

The supervisor "review" from 7/21/16 looks very suspect. I would not be surprised if they were asked to post that comment with five stars just to raise Colonial Penn's rating on Glassdoor. There was nothing of substance in their review and they neglected to leave a comment which contained the truth.

Advice to Management

Instead of having employees post fake reviews to make the rating look better, create a more efficient work environment without crushing and haphazard micromanagement in the sales department.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-09-24

"Look harder - there are better jobs and companies to work for."

Former Employee - Sales and Service in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The general consensus is the same - most of the people here are absolutely wonderful.

Cons

Here is a good title for this - they fired me while I was going thru cancer treatment! They rated me as unacceptable because I missed time for cancer treatment and did not make goals. They wrote me up for not making goal while I was still going thru cancer treatment. With that out of the way - this place if filled with favoritism - there is micro management beyond belief. They reward lying to customers. They lie to...

Advice to Management

Nothing really - it starts at the top - and no one really cares. Putting a company spin on things is a way of life

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-09-05
  8. "Sales"

I worked at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time

Pros

The company will pay for you to get licensed and appointed along with paid training. Also 95% of the staff very pleasant and cordial

Cons

You can earn a nice monthly bonus if you exceed your goal. However the bar is set so high that many become frustrated from the bullying from upper management if you fall short of goal.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-07-24

"Life Insurance Telesales Agent"

Current Employee - Life Insurance Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

Office is clean, coworkers keep you motivated.

Cons

-High turnover rate -Commission structure designed so most employees only get hourly pay -Micromanagement to the utmost degree (One of my coworkers was told he couldn't go to the bathroom until his scheduled break which was 3 hours into the shift). -Little to no work/life balance. -No upward mobility, if you are hired in sales, you will stay in sales. -CEO has no idea of what is going on within entry level departments....

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, overworking and underpaying employees. You are losing good sales people and this is clear by the amount of job listings in telesales online.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-07-10
  10. "Col Penn"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good benefits, easy, monthly incentives

Cons

Micromanagement, repetitive, extensive use of key performance indicators. Not much room to advance if in Philly office.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2016-05-03