Colonial Penn Life Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 53 reviews

2.0
Colonial Penn Life Insurance CEO Joel Schwartz
Joel Schwartz

"the worst place to work in the world!!!!"

Current Employee - Customers Service Sell Sell Sell in Philadelphia Main Post Office, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

great co workers, pays the bills, weekends off

Cons

supervisors are insensative to employees, horrible health ins, quotas and goals are so out of touch for employees they can not be met. harrassment and bullying and constant threating of being fired when goals are not met. no room for advancement, obsolete computer systems. customer service is not really customers service but is a sales job where they tell you to somehow make older ppl buy ins they cannot afford. i...

Advice to Management

happy emloyess make better workers. suspervisor need more training, instead of harrasing employees try to figure out why the company itself is in so much trouble

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2012-08-02
  2. "What a ridiculous company to work for"

Former Employee - Telesales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Friendly Co-Workers -Great Location --Nice Bonuses -2 good managers

Cons

-unqualified, unintelligent supervisors -Quickly changing metrics of evaluation -Terrible Health Benefits

Advice to Management

Please keep standard measurements of employee evaluation. Also, please make your supervisors take basic writing courses as well as management seminars. The supervisors are unapproachable, hide in cubicles. When they are approachable, they don't know what's going on. They also don't promote for a number of reasons. The only people in management who actually work are one supervisor

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2012-06-16

"im taking my experience and bring it some where else"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

easy job and it pays the bills, convient for me cause I work from home as well as the downtown location.

Cons

very little one on one time with the supervisors, some of them rarely help out when you have an irate customer. the job is stressful because the people you talk to are dumb and you have to meet a stupid sales quota which is hard to reach because everyone is cheating!!

Advice to Management

stop rating us on our sales quota. how bout a find out why the percentage is so low instead of firing people.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2011-10-12

"Horrible- OVERworked UNDERpaid"

Former Employee - Customer Service (Actually Sales) in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

-Co-workers were great, sense of family -Fun training -Location

Cons

-Not truthful about expectations in your interview -You are told to sell sell sell, you receive no bonus, they hold that over your head every quarter, and at incentive time there is always an excuse as to why you didn't receive a bonus. -Some of the management could be a little more profesional.

Advice to Management

The happier your employees are the better the results!

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2011-05-23
  5. "Work hard all day, never good enough,"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

many people out of work now. It is not a difficult job youcan sell a lot of policies and that does give a sense of satisfaction.

Cons

Along work day and 2 Sats a month. When they want you to work a Sunday or extra hours they act like you have nothing better to do. I don't believe they care if you have life out of work . You are just a cog grinding out policies and getting referrals- like a little well oiled machine. Pay is bad and it is hard to get your time off when you want it.

Advice to Management

think of the sales people. We have wants and needs just like the management. we have feelings and families we want to spend time with. Try thinking of ways to reward us financially and stop spendingso much time on trying to find ways not to pay us. better staff and not such a revolving door.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2011-03-21
  6. "The worst 5 months of my life"

Former Employee - Telesales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

You build rapport with your training class and some co-workers, but overall it's not a great experience.

Cons

You sell the infamous Colonial Penn guaranteed acceptance life insurance to seniors who think this may be a good product. There are unrealistic metrics that must be met in 20 or so areas. There is a lack of work most days that lead you to do nothing productive. There's a lack of training and development.

Advice to Management

Realize there are issues with training and management. Also, please realize there are issues with your hiring practices, and that favoritism is practiced by your floor managers.

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2011-03-08
  7. "customer service rep/ telemarketer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

good incentive program when you sell insurance

Cons

a bunch of women. You have to try to sell more insurance with every call.

Advice to Management

none

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2011-02-01

"It is what it is..."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

Flexible schedule Not the hardest sell Leads provided, little cold calling Relaxed environment Friendly people Quarterly incentives May get to meet Alex Trebek

Cons

Micromanaging Management is completely out of touch No advancement opportunity Expect to be written up for frequently for unrealistic sales goals

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. We are the ones who talk to the clients, not you!

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2011-01-19
  9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance

Pros

best insurance ever great company

Cons

diffucult to set appointment but once u have the meeting it is smooth sailing

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2012-09-11
    • "Tired and IRRITATED"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in

I have been working at Colonial Penn Life Insurance full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Friendly co works safe work environment may have the opportunity to work from home the actual job you were hired to do is not that difficult

Cons

totally unprofessional work environment incentive is great only if your a new hire cause after that it really depends on who likes you the I believe they make up the #'s as they go along and if someone higher up wants you gone you can be a star employee and you will get written up on any little infraction until your out the door you can be above goal and every area and a little low in one and your on write up this is...

Advice to Management

Need more training need to keep things professional need to be more appreciative of workers that are know to produce and not discourage or put down as soon as they have a down month personal feeling should be set a side I am well aware of business needs yet this company is horrible with employee needs the moral is low there is really no help and god forbid you need to escalate a call to a supervisor if your employees...

Colonial Penn Life Insurance2012-08-02