Colonial Surety Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 21, 2017

1.3
Wayne Nunziata

1. "Avoid"

I worked at Colonial Surety Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits the day your start, lunches every Thursday (only in summer), leave early on Fridays in the summer...that's really it.

Cons

There could be so much potential with this place. The job itself is fine and the products are easy to sell once you learn about them (although training is haphazard). Upper management has no idea what is going on, high turnover rate, and overall bad morale.

Advice to Management

Have trust in your employees

Colonial Surety Company Response

Oct 14, 2013 – Human Resources Manager

Colonial Surety Company has been in business since 1930, and under current ownership and leadership since 1986. We are surprised to read this comment, however, we do understand that short tenure may ... More

2. "Avoid"

I worked at Colonial Surety Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company provides lunch once per week from Memorial Day to Labor Day. There are very few other things that would fit in this category.

Cons

Bad management and poor ownership, high turnover rate, unrealistic expectations, poor training, internally broken sales process, no change or adaptation to current technology or market standards.

The product being sold is overall a scam and the growth potential for employees is near zero. You will be buttered up with talk of big numbers and potential but it is highly unrealistic to achieve and/or maintain given the product being sold and resources given to you to sell it.

Advice to Management

Fix the process, invest in your employees.

3. "Nice people but ended up being unprofessional."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Montvale, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Montvale, NJ

I worked at Colonial Surety Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The people I interviewed with were all pleasant and I felt that I could potentially enjoy working here.

Cons

-Went through 3 rounds of interviews meeting with 5 different people. Was told the position would be filled in a month. They were down to 4 candidates and they would hire 2. Two months later HR explains that they will not be hiring anyone in this position at all. Really? These people honestly showed that they are either incompetent or just not that smart. I will be sure to tell everyone I come across not to do business with this company. I have never been through such a long interview process, just to be told that they decided not to fill this position. It is really disrespectful and shows that this company does not care about potential employees.

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you say. People are only as good as their word and from my experience these people are liars.