Colony Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Underwriter"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Colony Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great People. knowledgeable staff, a very loyal client base.

Cons

An underwriting mill that no longer seems to value experience. Would rather hire young college folks off the street and train them. This is not about lack of IT capabilities, as all of our systems change, as with most companies frequently. Middle management is dreadful. Lack of communication, they seem to treat knowledge as power.. when it should be shared, to inform and empower all employees. An informed staff is more highly regarded in the marketplace. Managers don't seem to understand that we speak to our customers daily. So whom better to communicate this message to our clients, and who better to let our management know what our clients need.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. If you don't trust them, for some reason, listen to your clients. They tell you the same thing. The staff are your clients advocates. Your staff has lots of longevity, they do not bounce around... why aren't you listening to them. obtaining their input. This has changed, and the company is sorely feeling it.

2. "People are compromised regarding their due hard work and selective are blessed"

Current Employee - Spinning Manager in Multān Manjiwāla (Pakistan)
    Current Employee - Spinning Manager in Multān Manjiwāla (Pakistan)

I have been working at Colony Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diversified experience in every field as this experience will give youedge in different fields

Cons

no recognition for hard work, they will always try to keep you away from the fruitful occassions

Advice to Management

Consider those for Praisals who work without showing and clear sign is that you dont have to face problems regarding directions. Instead of those who speak falsely and do nothing

3. "Easy money, minimal communicaiton/supervision"

Pros

Great schedule and flexibility. Easy money. The home office reps were very friendly and the product lines I serviced were pretty well-known. Great sense of independence at this job.

Cons

I was thrown into the position without a clear explanation or notes as to what exactly I needed to do. The trainer was vague and the contact from the home office could take a few days to a few weeks.

Advice to Management

Update worksheets and update training to new employees. You don't want your employees not knowing what they are doing on the job.