Color Image Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Color Image Co-Founder Danny Harris
Danny Harris
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Hypocritical CEO (1 environmental friendly yoga brand that pollutes in China.. )"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Color Image full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No HR interview screening, so saved me a trip drive there.

Cons

Where do I begin?
    1. Treat graphic designers expendable after they worked crazy overtime hours cuz CEO changed his mind last minute. Next week, fired everyone and hired new grads to save $. Everyone cried and can't believed this happened. Then now old employees have to re-train new comers.

2. CEO once told everyone "I don't want fat women to wear my clothes. Only 30's skinny moms. And we should remove XL size". Which was insulting because some of the workers in the sewing room were XL or L size

3. Brand managers were all caucasion female that just newly graduated.

4. No town hall, weekly or Monthly meetings. No collaboration. We don't even know when there's new employees coming in sales or graphic designing, or other dept. I'm so shocked!

5. Fake brands - ALO made a lot of revenue, but as an environmental friendly brand, our designers were shocked about how much pollution we created in the China Factories. China factory subcontractors didn't want to lose our business. were too nice and afraid to tell us.

6. Finance/Accounting dept don't pay contractors on time. Always late 2-3 weeks even though they have $? I don't get it? So only single ppl can work here since ppl with families can't afford this.

7. Roads to the office is horrible. I got flat tire TWICE because of the crappy city road and nails left on the road. This is a very crappy city.

8. No decent food place around for lunch. Factory workers eat out of 1 food truck. only mexican food. The refrigerator is nasty and smells funny.

There might be career opportunity since CEO got lucky with the Yoga brand. They were there when consumers wanted in. but I didn't really want to stay here. This was a temp place at first, after working here and seeing how horrible employees are treated, I really wanted to leave

Advice to Management

I tried when I was there. No point now.

Showing 1 of 1 review