Colorado Access Reviews

Updated Mar 13, 2021

2.9
Colorado Access President and CEO Marshall Thomas
Marshall Thomas
Pros
  • "The work - life balance here is off the hook(in 8 reviews)

• "Flexibility, benefits, lots to learn, work from home, some awesome supervisors and managers to support you(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low salary, somewhat dangerous, upper management not in touch with workers(in 8 reviews)

• "Very disorganized, high turnover rate(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great to work for

Feb 20, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a great cause and mission

Cons

Compensation is lower than other similar sized companies

Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing Colorado Access. As a nonprofit organization, we’re definitely driven by our mission to “Partner with communities and empower people through access to quality, affordable care,” and glad you found that to be motivation for you as well. We conduct routine review of salaries based on industry and geographic standards. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at recruiter@coaccess.com

2. 3.0

Meh...

Mar 13, 2021 - Care Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible Schedule, Great boss, Good benefits

Cons

-Huge caseloads -Low pay -Lots of burnout

Recruiter

We appreciate the time you took to review Colorado Access. We’re glad you find the flexible schedule, a great boss, and the benefits to be a positive thing for you here. We conduct routine review of salaries based on industry and geographic standards. We'd like to know more about your experience with caseloads and impact on your wellbeing. If you'd like to discuss more, please email us at humanresources@coaccess.com

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Adaptable Company

Nov 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

COVID has been difficult for all, but what Colorado Access gets right is their ability to adapt and change and support employees in times like these. My job was quick to turn telecommute, and I've been given the freedom to adjust my work to fit the current public health situation we're in. I've also liked the fact that the company periodically adjusts salary, based on industry and geographic location. This makes me feel like they care.

Cons

My workload has definitely increased during this covid time. I guess that could be considered job security though. Sometimes I feel like I have too much to do and not enough support to get through it.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of our company. During these unprecedented times, we’ve really made efforts to become more flexible, especially with telecommuting. We’re glad you find that to be positive for you. The health care industry during COVID-19 continues to be of great importance and we’re glad you feel secure in your role. If you’d like to share more about your experience and how we can support you, please contact us at recruiter@coaccess.com.

4. 3.0

Striving for Success

Feb 2, 2021 - Confidential in Aurora, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family-like feel within the department. Benefits and employee events were great. The HR team worked really hard to create a great culture for the employees and organization.

Cons

I would rather not share.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Colorado Access. While we're sorry our company was not a career destination for you, we're glad you found the benefits and employee events to be great. Our HR team continues to work to help create a great culture, and we're glad you see that as beneficial to the organization. If you'd like to share more about your cons, please email us at recruiter@coaccess.com

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

better than most

Jan 8, 2021 - Care Manager in Aurora, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

telecommute is a huge plus

Cons

lack of advancement and high caseloads

Recruiter

Thank you for your review. In times of COVID-19, we especially recognize the need to be an adaptable company. We’re glad telecommuting has been useful during this time. We’re sorry to hear that you feel your work has been hindered by a lack of advancement and high caseloads. Work-life balance is important to the culture here, and we’d like you to tell us more about your specific experience. Please email us at recruiter@coaccess.com if you wish to discuss further.

6. 1.0

High Burnout

May 27, 2020 - Intake Case Manager in Aurora, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Nice and friendly manager.

Cons

Consistent travel, heavy caseload, unrealistic expectations This company does not have a non-profit fee. It is very corporation run. I had over 300 clients and was the single point contact, meaning there was no secretary to help with basic questions. This means you are wearing multiple hats- which would be okay if you didn't have an unrealistic amount of work. I was expected to contact clients within a strict timeline as well as travel to far locations. You will travel 5 different counties (weekly), including Bennet Colorado. Overtime was not allowed so I would often go unpaid trying to finish the heavy workload. You feel guilty taking vacations because your workload would be handed to you coworkers. You burnout because you are consistently letting down ill and gravely disabled clients because they are often denied long-term medicare.

Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your recent review of Colorado Access. We’re glad to hear that you find your manager to be nice and friendly, and also appreciate the flexibility to work from home. Thank you for your dedication to our mission, helping provide underserved populations with access to health services. Work-life balance is an important part of the culture at Colorado Access, and it continues to be an area of opportunity. We take your feedback seriously and will share it with leadership.

7. 2.0

Overworked underpaid

Jan 12, 2021 - Care Manager in Aurora, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring people in my team.

Cons

Very disorganized, high turnover rate

Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review Colorado Access. We’re glad you found your time here enriched by the caring people on your team. We continue to make operational adjustments as work-life balance is important, and we’re sorry to hear that we missed the mark in terms of how you would like to see organization in a company. We wish you the best on where your career takes you. If you’d like to talk further, please email us at recruiter@coaccess.com.

8. 4.0

A great place to work

Sep 17, 2020 - Care Manager I in Aurora, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly people, great benefits, opportunity for advancement

Cons

large caseload, difficult clients and providers sometimes

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Colorado Access. We’re glad you found the people to be friendly, the benefits great, and we’re glad you appreciated the opportunity for advancement. Though Colorado Access might’ve not been a permanent home, we thank you for the service to our members and wish you well on future endeavors.

9. 3.0

Alright

Jul 29, 2020 - Case Manager in Aurora, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, awesome co-workers, good benefits

Cons

out of touch management, high caseloads, not solution-focused

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Colorado Access. Work-life balance is important to the culture here, so we’re glad you found your schedule to be flexible, coworkers to be awesome, and the benefits to be good. We also want to thank you for the time you invested in working at our company. We’re sorry we fell short on not being as solution-focused as you might have liked. We invite you to share more about your experience and proposed solutions. Please email recruiter@coaccess.com.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Personal view

Nov 3, 2020 - Fulltime Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, telecommute, that is all

Cons

Pay, Management, Favoritism, lack of communication

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Colorado Access. We value the longevity and commitment to our mission that you exhibited with your long tenure. With the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve been able to increase telecommuting for employees and maximize flexibility. We’re glad that was a positive experience for you. Though Colorado Access might’ve not been a long-term career option, we thank you for your time here. If you’d like to share more about your experience on how we can improve, please email us at recruiter@coaccess.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews