KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Colorado Access President and CEO Annie Lee
Annie Lee

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay(in 6 reviews)
  • "Upper management was 'elite' and not approachable at all.(in 6 reviews)
  • "I may have happily stayed if it weren't for the toxic environment that is created by some in senior leadership.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Low pay, high workload, constant changes(in 3 reviews)
  • "low salary, somewhat dangerous, upper management not in touch with workers.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great to work for

Feb 20, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a great cause and mission

Cons

Compensation is lower than other similar sized companies

Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing Colorado Access. As a nonprofit organization, we’re definitely driven by our mission to “Partner with communities and empower people through access to quality, affordable care,” and glad you found that to be motivation for you as well. We conduct routine review of salaries based on industry and geographic standards. If you’d like to discuss further, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at recruiter@coaccess.com

2. 2.0

Potential bungled by leadership

Mar 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people with good intentions. The overall mission is important. If you are in the right department work life balance is generous. Some real potential to make positive differences.

Cons

Colorado Access (COA) is a company that contracts with the state of CO to administer the Medicaid benefit in the Denver area. On the surface this isn't a con, however once you have been exposed to the knee jerk political decision making of Medicaid, and COA's frantic and strange attempts to make the state happy, you might find it troubling. I'm not sure COA has really needed to compete for this contract over the last many years, and it shows with absent leadership. There are a few leaders I enjoyed working with and I don't want put them all in the same box, but for the most part senior leadership is lacking a great deal. Seems like 2 or 3 talented directors do everything. Leadership at the executive level is remarkably detached and divided, more so than I have ever experienced. Bickering among themselves in general meetings is common. Calling subordinates names like 'stupid' happens unfortunately. The former CEO and some other execs are part time, perhaps that doesn't work very well. Maybe their childish behavior was some kind of internal competition for the retiring CEOs position, or maybe that's just who they are. I don't know, but the new CEO was an external candidate, thankfully. Hope she straightens things out.

Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing our company. We are proud of our mission and the impact we are making on members of our local community. We're glad you found a good work-life balance. We are also excited to welcome our new CEO and look forward to continuing to serve the needs of our members. If you'd like to share more about your experience, please email peopleservices@coaccess.com.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Fine

Apr 29, 2022 - Care Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

People genuinely care about the members they serve!

Cons

So so so much red tape.

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Colorado Access. We care deeply about serving the needs of members of our community, and we are happy to hear you felt that during your time with us as well. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please email peopleservices@coaccess.com.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Outlook is good

Mar 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colorado Access is out to do some good things. The recent CEO hire has me feeling optimistic about the future of the company. There are some really talented people here and I can't wait to see what they do.

Cons

The company seems a little top heavy and it seems that everyone is a "senior" something. Do we really need so many senior this or senior that?

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Colorado Access. We are also excited to welcome our new CEO, Annie Lee, and are optimistic about the future of our company. We are proud of the work our employees do for our community and are glad you are part of our team. If you’d like to tell us more about your experience, please email peopleservices@coaccess.com.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Sad.

Jan 27, 2022 - Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colorado access used to have some amazing people working in the front lines. The longer that I’ve been away from that place the fewer of those amazing people are left. Really all that you’re left with, is a place that does not hold any of its leadership accountable for any of their poor decisions, repercussions of those poor decisions and poor management.

Cons

This place is a hypocritical joke. What they tout as core values will only apply to Certain people. Their customer service agents are held to higher and stricter standards than the executive team. I lack the words to appropriately describe how horrific of a culture this place has cultivated. But hey, if you get hired, just know that when you leave they may offer you a non-disclosure agreement from those tax dollars that all of us pay to fund this poorly run and horrible organization. I declined that nondisclosure agreement. You won’t silence all of us.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruiter

We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. We’re sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience in the five plus years with our company. Thank you for your attention during that time to the communities we serve. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please email us at PeopleServices@coaccess.com.

6. 1.0

Care Manager

Apr 5, 2022 - Care Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers who all suffered together.

Cons

Extremely toxic workplace. So many incredible people work here and truly suffer everyday which is so odd as we all are in the Case Management/helping field. The more you give, the more the company piles on work with no advancement. Such a negative place, coworkers are the only benefit and the population we fight to hell

Recruiter

We appreciate your review of Colorado Access. We want to thank you for the time you invested in working at our company. We're proud of the people who work here and what they do for our members. We strive every day to provide access to quality, equitable, and affordable care for people in our community. If you'd like to share more about your experience, please email peopleservices@coaccess.com.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Feb 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, and great company

Cons

Training goes by fast and there's not enough time to fully train in the position.

Recruiter

We appreciate your review of Colorado Access. We believe our success comes from the great people who work here. We are always looking to improve our training to ensure the highest confidence for each position. We’d love to hear more about your feedback. Please email peopleservices@coaccess.com to share your ideas.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company and Culture

Dec 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the diversity within the company, lots of women in leadership roles. My supervisor is one of the kindest and understanding humans.

Cons

We’re getting a new CEO soon. Who knows what changes that’ll bring.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

Thank you for your review of Colorado Access. We take pride in the diversity of our employees and strive to be inclusive across the company. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please email humanresources@coacces.com

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

the department you're in makes the difference

Dec 15, 2021 - Program Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

they offer competitive benefits and pay.

Cons

there is a culture of bullying that often goes ignored when it stems from a director or senior director.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruiter

We appreciate you taking time to review Colorado Access. We work hard to ensure that our benefits are competitive among industry standards, and we’re glad you agree. We’d like the opportunity to hear more about your experience here. Please email humanresources@coaccess.com.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Management

Dec 16, 2021 - Credentialing Coordinator II in Aurora, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Non Profit organization that will be benefited

Cons

Micro Management in credentialing department unrealistic

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback of our company. We’d like to hear more about your experience. Please email humanresources@coaccess.com to share.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 74 Reviews

Colorado Access Reviews FAQs

Colorado Access has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 78 reviews left anonymously by employees. 40% of employees would recommend working at Colorado Access to a friend and 25% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Colorado Access employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Colorado Access. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

40% of Colorado Access employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Colorado Access 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Colorado Access to be work life balance, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Colorado Access Job Seekers