Colorado Judicial Branch Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Colorado Judicial Branch Chief Justice Michael L. Bender
Michael L. Bender

1. "Awesome place for opportunities & growth!"

Former Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Colorado Judicial Branch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great variety of training available, work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, and a culture where work-life balance is stressed...

Cons

Inconsistent behavior from management observed...

Advice to Management

Try to create more of a consistency between managers...

2. "18th Judicial District"

Former Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Arapahoe, CO

I worked at Colorado Judicial Branch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hard working staff that believe in offering excellent service to the public. Flex schedule offered in some departments. Up-to-date technology in place.

Cons

Management not in tune with employees. Management is not very approachable. Opportunity for advancement is minimal and promotion from within is not likely.

Advice to Management

Listen to what employees say about possible improvements for implementation of services to the public.

3. "Awesome Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

very employee oriented employer
    a job with community impact and meaning,

Cons

state budget limiting compensation increases

5. "Usual Public Sector Problems"

Former Employee - Clerk in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Clerk in Denver, CO

I worked at Colorado Judicial Branch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady, stable work. Downtown location for many jobs. Solid benefits especially if one stays long enough to earn a pension. Healthcare is reasonable, paid time off is generous.

Cons

Little room for growth, dysfunctional leadership (ripe with favoritism and fearful of change), focus on the wrong metrics for success, bad pay.

6. "Court Judicial Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO

I worked at Colorado Judicial Branch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Working with judges was inspiring and an invaluable lesson in professionalism. Learned life long lessons while watching court proceedings. If you fit in, job security.

Cons

The other administrative staff can be absolutely terrible to one another. Either all your flaws are being pointed out or you are being criticized for being too close to the judges/being a favorite, you can't win. The pay is really low for the stress and workload.

Advice to Management

Don't gossip with your employees and don't feed the drama. Create a system of employee review that isn't reliant on the words of others. Allow judges to manage their own staff. Encourage positivity.

7. "Great opportunity for personal growth and resume"

Current Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Colorado Judicial Branch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here are job security (if you do well and keep work focused), being a part of something that matters, intense skill development (so much juggling), networking, AWESOME training opportunities (training... all the time!), and its not looked down on to move "departments" if its for developmental reasons, good benefits and great retirement. In this field there is a lot of gray and judicial will teach how you to operate on that.

Cons

Certain, specific kinds of people do best here because of the politics regardless of work performance sometimes. You have to know how to network, when to fit in a box, and when to stand out. Little opportunity for advancement. Lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

On mass emails that go out to clerks about positions, include everyone on them regardless of who you think needs to know... it's suspicious when someone leaves a position and the new open position is only emailed to some departments... we all find out about it.

8. "Administrative Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehighton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehighton, PA

I worked at Colorado Judicial Branch (More than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding training
    Excellent work life balance

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is limited

9. "Court Judicial Assistant"

Current Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Court Judicial Assistant in Greeley, CO

I have been working at Colorado Judicial Branch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING BENEFITS AND PTO, great coworkers and fast paced work environment. Training is fun and great for recent college graduates

Cons

Difficult to move upward. Have to deal with AWFUL people sometimes. Some coworkers frequently threaten to retire. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Allow for more growth opportunities and listen to employees every once in a while rather than focusing on keeping things afloat.

"Working with this group was inspirational, meeting professional expectations at all levels"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant/Victim Witness Specialist in Cortez, CO
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant/Victim Witness Specialist in Cortez, CO

Pros

Family type atmosphere. We could bring our dogs in and had monthly luncheons in-house to celebrate birthdays, positive court outcomes etc. Trainings were provided often to promote individual growth and education. Bonuses were generous and received as acknowledgement of our budgetary responsibility. Communication between peers was excellent. Discussion was encouraged at all levels. Representing victims while maintaining legal responsibilities was exciting and recognized.

Cons

My department should ideally have 3 persons. When I began it had 2, then without notice became my sole responsibility. The workload was intense and sometimes the days were 12 hours or more long. I loved that I was challenged to my fullest ability.

Advice to Management

None. This was one of the best employment experiences in my adult life and I was sad to leave.

"Great People, Interesting work, management needs improvement"

Current Employee - Computer Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Computer Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at Colorado Judicial Branch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, interesting job duties, fun people, challenging amount of work to complete to say the least! First level supervisor is really good, given the pressures, and workload.

Cons

- most positions are severely understaffed.
    - technical positions extremely understaffed.
    - impossible amounts of work that must be completed with no option of working overtime
    - interview process in my case was unethical. Was told I could advance in same job tier after a year if my job performance warranted it. Was top performer, never was able to advance! Turns out that was a fabrication, there never was even a process to promote/advance in tier levels.

Advice to Management

Requiring people to get X amount of work done with inadequate resources with no recourse is a recipe for disaster. Turn over is high because of this, and will only get worse. Saving $$ on headcount today, will result in BIG headaches tomorrow.