Found 993 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "My fellow associates are great people to work with and make the day enjoyable." (in 74 reviews)
- "They do have good benefits and are willing to overpay for the market since anyone who knows anything about the company now avoids it." (in 60 reviews)
- "You get a great discount and your coworkers that are your peers/ at the same level as you professionally are really great!" (in 42 reviews)
- "Great work life balance with managers understanding that we have lives and other commitments outside of work." (in 32 reviews)
- "The culture is great depending on what department you're in." (in 31 reviews)
- "Cons of working at Columbia Sportswear would be lack of communication with team, at times poor management, and feeling unheard in the community." (in 70 reviews)
- "Low pay and no advancement" (in 56 reviews)
- "Manager is nice but he's so uptight about being on time." (in 28 reviews)
- "easy to get 'stuck' in departments, upper management tends to be the 'good ol boys club' (helps to be in the 'in' crowd for promotions and upper mobility)" (in 21 reviews)
- "Low salaries vs revenues over a billion dollars." (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Columbia Sportswear and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWFeb 9, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee
Great company to work at and great environment. Good benefits and discounts too.
I didn’t encounter any at my time thereColumbia Sportswear Response6mo
We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience working at Columbia Sportswear Company. We appreciate your contribution to our positive work environment.
- 5.0Nov 25, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Working at Columbia Sportswear has been awesome! The benefits are top-notch, from health plans to retirement perks — they've got us covered. What I love most is the emphasis on work-life balance. Flexible hours and a chill atmosphere make it easy to juggle work and life stuff. Plus, the team vibe is super cool, and the leadership is approachable. Big thumbs up from me!
While my time at Columbia Sportswear has been overwhelmingly positive, it's worth mentioning that the pace can be quite fast, and deadlines can be tight. This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it does keep things exciting. If you thrive in a high-energy environment, it's a minor trade-off for all the perks and positive aspects the company offers. Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons for me!
- 2.0Sep 21, 2023Retail SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Benefits and employee discount is decent.
This is a burn out job. It's very difficult help customers when there are so many other tasks to do. There is a quarterly sales bonuses for managers but my store rarely sees them. Most of the managers spend the majority of their shifts in the back since we hardly have any time to work on BOH tasks prior to the store being opened. Our store manager schedules unfairly as she barely works on weekends. She also barely works 40 hours. We can't prepare for shipment since we never know how many cases we receive. You spend way too much time double checking that the store is priced accurately since communication of what is on sale and what is not is so vague. Merchandising the sales floor is tough due to the lack of space. A lot of product in my store is not priced correctly because we do not have the appropriate signs and fixtures to properly advertise. The store is cluttered and not shopper friendly. It's become a safety hazard because of how much product we have. The technology and applications used to help run the store and not user friendly and it gets confusing due to how many apps we have to use.
- 4.0Dec 5, 2023Sr HR Business PartnerFormer Employee
Great teams and product, excellent discount, exciting team events, true partnership with the business supported.
Expectation to always work “more”, questionable HR leadership, lack of transparency. Lots of people just taking up space and too comfortable.
- 5.0Nov 9, 2023Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsOntario, CA
Company made me and my hourly employees feel cared with good pay and benefits, always leaned on employee side of things Great benefit for full time and salaried employees
Middle management (District and Regionals management) are not always aware of what and how their stores are doing and wont really help or try to fix till it's too late.Columbia Sportswear Response2w
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Columbia Sportswear Company. Your feedback is important to us as it helps us identify areas where we can make positive changes. We appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts and contribute to our ongoing growth.
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023Marketing ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPortland, OR
Low stakes - didn't really have to try that hard and put much effort to achieve same results as a high performer.
Low pay, even at the corporate level. Family owned company so not a lot of lateral movement.1
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsOntario, CA
schedule flexibility, meeting new people from around the world
you’re lucky if you get $0.25 raise per year. this company doesn’t care about retaining good employees
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAlbany, NY
overall, normal sales associate job . meet nice people and easy to work with your schedule
not enough management. Not a good place to stay long term.
- 4.0Nov 8, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
-Great coworkers (for the most part) -20% employee discount + friends and family discount available -Starting pay at $15 -Employee Assistance Program -Wellness time available for part timers
-You'll have to hound customers for their email so you can have a good CGR (loyalty program) -If you have 80%+ CGR on the regular you'll be thrown to the wolves while your coworkers with worse CGR track records will be allowed to hide in the back. Basically being punished for being able to do your job.
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Senior Quality EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPortland, OR
Good pay, great coworkers, cool perks
Some of the office spaces at the campus are not that great, but with WFH flexibility it isn't a big deal.
Columbia Sportswear Reviews FAQs
Columbia Sportswear has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,121 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Columbia Sportswear to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
67% of Columbia Sportswear employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Columbia Sportswear 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.